Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I feel like the circus connection should have happened naturally over decades. Over a Snyder trying to do it all at once like with Wayne Enterprises, but I guess it is more like Arkham Asylum. Arkham tends to be used as a vehicle to introduce weird things into Gotham, but that should have been spread out over places like Haly's too I think. So in context of a movie it probably makes it easier to use a strange setting like a circus to introduce bizarre or weird villains into a grounded Gotham setting. Once Haly's shut down in Gotham the workers would naturally filter into the city, or would have jumped to the city with the circus stopping there over the decades. The Gotham TV show is the first property to touch on this idea I think.

And like what The Kid said above, Gotham always feels retro by design. So a setting like a circus I think would fit fine when you have a places like Arkham Asylum. Since the whole asylum name and function is very dated as well. Those places don't really exist anymore and have been replaced with more modernized institutions and hospitals, but those places aren't as "colorful" as the traditional gothic inspired asylums. So the same idea would work for the traditional circus look and design.
    This post reminds me why I wish Bludhaven felt more like a giant circus instead of generic big city.

Mighty Member

I say it can and should go on indefinitely without the batfamily appearing. It has been consistently proven that Batman doesn't need the family, not in his comics and certainly not in his movies. All the great Batman movies from Keeton to Bale to Pattinson have shown that the audience comes to see Bruce/Batman, not the batfamily. And honestly I don't see any groundswell of support for any family member to show up. The vast vast majority of movie goers either doesn't know about family members outside of Robin and/or Batgirl and I doubt they even know about the batfamily concept, that appears to be strictly a avid comic reader thing; which the vast majority of movie goers are not. I think the only ones advocating for the batfamily to appear in Batman movies are batfamily fans, what would them showing up do for Batman, how would it benefit him for family members to be in the film, it wouldn't it would only benefit the family themselves. Batman fans are perfectly fine with Bruce alone doing his thing, it works so far and people want more. Pattinson's trilogy sequels are highly anticipated and no one is calling for any family members to show up. So I say if it ain't broken don't fix it

If creators want to use the Batfamily, go ahead. If not, no good will come of forcing it. The Batfamily appears plenty in other media anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    About 5 films ago

Like the only reason they hit the reset button was because Schumacher or whoever it was wanted to make a toy movie with Batman and Robin. Bringing Batman 66 to a time when people didn't want it.

Batman Forever was pretty well received (well maybe not Two-Face) so people are okay with expansion
    Schumacher didn't want to make Forever and B&R the way they turned out. That was executives responding to backlash over Batman Returns being seen as too dark and scary.