Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Default Worst TV spouse?

We have all been watching a show before and thought "why the hell would anyone put up with a spouse like that?". So that begs the question in your opinion who is the worst Husband or Wife on a show? It can be because of the way they treat their spouse or just the way they act about anything.

My choice is Molly on Mike and Molly. Holy hell she is just the worst in about every way. She has no self control when it comes to money and is constantly putting her and Mike further and further in debt. Anytime Mike call her on any of her bullshit she acts like she is the victim and starts totally gaslighting him. She makes major life decisions without ever even asking Mike what he thinks like quiting her job or buying a new vehicle. Some of the blame has to fall on Mike for just being such a doormat and simp, but jesus she is just the worst.

Who gets you vote?

Before anyone says Skyler White, I'm going to say Walter White! Here was a miserable man, bitter about his lot in life and his past perceived betrayal, who always felt he was too good for the life he was living. Then once he became a criminal, it only got worse.

Also, Kevin from "Kevin can F*** Himself" but I guess that's the point of the character.

Extraordinary Member

Archie Bunker from All In The Family. Poor Edith.

He was a hilarious character but any husband who calls his wife Dingbat and constantly tells her to stifle herself has to be the worst.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Before anyone says Skyler White, I'm going to say Walter White! Here was a miserable man, bitter about his lot in life and his past perceived betrayal, who always felt he was too good for the life he was living. Then once he became a criminal, it only got worse.

Also, Kevin from "Kevin can F*** Himself" but I guess that's the point of the character.
    Agree on Walter White.

Whatever flaws Skylar had as a partner, Walter had worse, tenfold.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Peggy Bundy. The woman was a leech.

Carrie From King Of Queens. I know Doug was a bit of a dip **** but damn did she over play the Bitch Role.

Also Homer Simpson of Course, Peter Griffin, Stan Smith.

Walter White as said above.

Archie Bunker was pretty bad.

Randy on South Park.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Lois From Malcolm in the Middle also Skyler White.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Lois From Malcolm in the Middle also Skyler White.
    I couldnt watch Malcolm in the Middle because of her. My God just so cringe.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Jackie Gleeson in the Honeymooners was a truly repulsive guy. You just feel terrible for his wife, who's practically a saint and is super hot despite being all done up as a shabby '50s housewife. It's a nightmare.

His friend (played by Art Carney) is nice, too. Why would anyone put up with this guy?

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    Jackie Gleeson in the Honeymooners was a truly repulsive guy. You just feel terrible for his wife, who's practically a saint and is super hot despite being all done up as a shabby '50s housewife. It's a nightmare.

His friend (played by Art Carney) is nice, too. Why would anyone put up with this guy?
    I'm going with Lysa Arryn from Game of Thrones. Conspired with her lover to poison her husband, kill a king, usurp not one...but seven kingdoms, and throw Tyrion out the Moon Door (unsuccessfully).
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

Thinking that Gemma Teller-Morrow is going to be kind of tough to beat.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Hated her. I wanted so bad for the final episode to be that Al strikes it rich and Peg is forced to scrub floors, cook and clean before Al gave her an allowance.

I'd add JR Ewing to the list. He treated Sue Ellen like garbage for years until she learned to stand up to him.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post

Also Homer Simpson of Course,

Homer Simpson came close to cheating on his wife a few times but never succeeded, at least not to my knowledge. I don't watch many episodes

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Both she and Al were the worst. Al was always close to cheating on her and never liked to be kissed by her.

I also agree about Archie Bunker.

Ray and Frank from Everybody Loves Raymond. Those guys are just terrible.

Peter Griffin from Family Guy. Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I couldnt watch Malcolm in the Middle because of her. My God just so cringe.

Agreed, she was unwatchable.