Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Frank and Nat have a unique understanding.
    Punisher fans Recall that in the Greg Rucka 5 issue War Zone series that wrapped up his Punisher run she was the Avenger who did not turn him in when she found him.

On topic though, yes Mandarin should return and if Cantwell is hinting at doing that I find that an excellent choice! I'm going to read his run eventually.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Ugh.....I think the Punisher is my very least favorite member of the MU. He's known to be a psychopath so why should BW care about him? Oh I see that was answered ....fanservice.

Cantwell will be ending his Iron Man run with this arc about the Ten Rings so I hope he does use it to ressurrect the Mandarin. He never said why Iron Man is ending and it seems like he got a kick out of writing it. Maybe a Marvel thing about "retiring" Tony again? After all, he's not in the MCU any more.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-02-2022 at 01:40 PM.

The Mandarin's return is inevitable but when it happens, it should be depicted as a big deal particularly for Iron Man.

I remember when I was first introduced to him via the Hands of the Mandarin storyline and he proved he could easily be a force to be reckoned with. Iron Man's archenemy should never be reduced to being an easy kill for the Punisher. I think that's one of the main reasons why Iron Man is often regarded for having a lackluster rogues gallery because of the inconsistent treatment his greatest foe regularly receives.

It reminds me of how Doom was treated in "Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe". Punisher EMPs the armor, and then Punisher kills Doom with a sledgehammer. Completely ignoring that even without the armor, Doom is a fairly powerful wizard who should still be able to beat Punisher easily.

Even without his rings, The Mandarin is a powerful martial artist and chi-mystic. He should easily dodge the bullet and kill Punisher with one karate-chop. But the story completely ignores that and acts like Mandarin is helpless if you just counter his rings.

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    My exact thoughts when I read about it. I was like "That is just stupid!" Also it's another reason why I'd like to see The Mandarin return and say to Frank "Be careful how you speak to me young man." Then Frank gets cocky only to end up having his rear kicked by The Mandarin and for him lose an eye or some other apendage as punishment for his disrespectful attitude.
    Here's how I'd like to see it dealt with: first, the Mandarin would reappear and state that the "Mandarin" that Punisher killed was just a body double he used because he considered Zemo's scheme to be beneath him dealing with personally.

Then Punisher would be all like, "so what? I've still got tech that counter-acts the rings. I'll just use it again against the real you this time."

Then the Mandarin smirks, and says, "you think I need the rings to beat a dog like you?

And then the Mandarin lets the rings fall to the ground.

The Punisher is momentarily baffled, but then just shrugs and shoots at The Mandarin.

The Mandarin uses his mystic chi enhanced martial arts to casually dodge the bullets, closes in on Punisher, and karate chops his arms and legs off. He smirks and leaves Punisher a legless, armless cripple laying on the ground.

Only then does Tem Borjigin reclaim his rings, having never needed them to deal with someone like Frank.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Frank and Nat have a unique understanding.
    Punisher fans Recall that in the Greg Rucka 5 issue War Zone series that wrapped up his Punisher run she was the Avenger who did not turn him in when she found him.
    Yeah, initially. Along with Thor, who tossed some sage advice Frank's way (not to mention Wolverine providing the 411 to help out behind-the-scenes):

Last edited by K7P5V; 08-04-2022 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I don't buy that Punisher would beat Tem Borjigin even without the rings, nevermind with them. He'd just dodge the bullets and literally karate-chop Punisher's entire body in half.
    Sniper shot.
    Remove the plot armor, and more than half of heroes and villains can be killed that way.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Why is there a random panel of Black Widow taking a bath!?!
    oh. so it's not Mary Jane? ah well...

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Sniper shot.
    Remove the plot armor, and more than half of heroes and villains can be killed that way.
    Nope. People have tried sniper shots before. He sensed and killed the sniper.