Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Lobdell was pretty clearly building for a reveal that Bobby was gay, though it ended up undercut by Onslaught/OZT and then he left the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    He also prefers them being mind-controlled and changing races while doing the act.
    The trick is to figure out what you like and then do that for a job.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    THIS.....

Easy to claim that when folks don't read the books and want to complain.

The writers have talent and NOT looking to generate headlines.

It's NOT their fault Marvel FAILED to develop and be consistent with the established LGBTAQ+ characters.

What has Prodigy done since coming out out? He was a leader of a team for near 5 years before that and he has done WHAT other than get chumped by Antman, a plot device in Young Avengers and less said about X-Factor the better.
    He Fucked Tommy AKA son of the Woman who robbed him of his identity for years that's something *shrugs*

And yet Prodigy is, besides Pixie and of fucking course X-23, one of the most fortunate New X-Men.
    He got to be in two actual teams line-ups. Even if it was only for a dozen issues, it's better than being nothing more than a background character for 100 issues.
    And let's not downplay his role in Young Avengers: he was the brain of the team, the first to figure out whatever was happening.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    And yet Prodigy is, besides Pixie and of fucking course X-23, one of the most fortunate New X-Men.
    He got to be in two actual teams line-ups. Even if it was only for a dozen issues, it's better than being nothing more than a background character for 100 issues.
    And let's not downplay his role in Young Avengers: he was the brain of the team, the first to figure out whatever was happening.
    Honestly not really he's just the nerd who kissed Wiccan's then boyfriend, now husband then went onto bang Wiccan's twin.
    Last edited by Journey; 08-17-2022 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Honestly not really he's just the need who kissed Wiccan's then boyfriend, now husband then went onto bang Wiccan's twin.
    Well, he at last showed Hulkling that he could do way better than Wiccan.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Well, he at last showed Hulkling that he could do way better than Wiccan.
    Evidently not he married him & made him royalty *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Honestly not really he's just the need who kissed Wiccan's then boyfriend, now husband then went onto bang Wiccan's twin.
    He still got 10x the page time of the average NXM in the last decade so...

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Not everyone... I personally don't like the character.
    Yeah, while I do like the New X-Men series he was in, I don't think he really exceeded the generic bad boy stock type. He also came out pretty badly in the first X-23 solo series (Laura really dodged a bullet with him), which was my first exposure to him (had a family member borrow the series from me and read it all in chronological order and she thinks he's a jerk -- and she saw the comics where he was better first).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Hellion was terrible during Academy X.
    ******** 99 % of the time, so when he acted like a decent person, it made him look extra good by contrast with his usual behavior (abuser 101)
    *at the center of a "good, serious girl tames the bad boy" romance (boring, overdone trope)

But he is one of the few characters who greatly improved in New X-Men, with the new creative team
    He had to think about his attitude, his pride was destroyed when he was powerless to save his friends, and X-23 made him look like a puppy.
    So, yes, he had a good deconstruction arc and came out of it way more interesting than before.

And then the very writers who improved him stopped caring and used him exclusively as a damsell in distress to stir emotions from X23.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

"Hellion was an ******* most of the time"

That's like most male X-Men when they first join.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Why is it that no one ever ships, questions, or confirms the sexuality of mutants who are unattractive, have the physical appearance of animals, or those whose overall makeup isn't of flesh and blood?
    Clearly you haven’t read my Mammomax/Danger fan fiction.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Lobdell was pretty clearly building for a reveal that Bobby was gay, though it ended up undercut by Onslaught/OZT and then he left the book.
    Yep. Uncanny X-Men #331 was all over the place implying it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I'm honestly trying to figure out what books people read pre-Austen where they thought Bobby was gay.
    Lobdell’s Uncanny run for me.
    Plus the 2 parter in X-Men with Bobby and Jean and the X-babies from Mojoverse in X-Men #46 and #47
    Also

Astonishing Member

Also, while not on most peoples' radar, Peter B. Gillis' run of the Defenders back in the 80s, where Bobby 'saved' Hank from a woman's flirting by introducing himself as Hank's boyfriend Lance, then dated a new amnesiac superhuman named Cloud before she literally shifted into a male presenting form while they were naked in bed together, and then had an internal crisis about but specifically what did this all mean about HIM, asking textbook 'am currently questioning my sexuality very much' questions before yes, breaking up with Cloud because Comics Authority Code was a thing but also otherwise remaining besties with Cloud and acting exactly the same towards them as before and seemingly no different in how emotionally invested he was in their dynamic, and oh yeah, there was that little bit where when Moondragon used her psychic powers to try and influence all the men on the team into being besotted with her so they'd unquestioningly help get rid of the headband that put a cap on her telepathy, out of all of them Bobby was notably the LEAST affected or different in his behavior towards her, with even Cloud being shown as more drawn to Moondragon than he was.....and with all of this happening within a span of like, the less than twenty-five issues Gillis spent with this lineup.....

I mean, I'm just saying. That always did a feel a little subtext-y to me too. Go figure.