Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    From what I read in old interviews and what I'm reading in the pages (still on my Excalibur reread, there were FILLER issues my god), he likes to portray his women ambiguously bi so he can still fantasize about them pegging him.
    He also prefers them being mind-controlled and changing races while doing the act.

From what I read in old interviews and what I'm reading in the pages (still on my Excalibur reread, there were FILLER issues my god), he likes to portray his women ambiguously bi so he can still fantasize about them pegging him.
    If you can stick it out to issue #42, Davis takes over as writer and the run is very good, but there are sadly a bunch of filler issues where he's not both writing and drawing, and they're generally dreadful. IIRC Davis made the mistake of mentioning that he'd got six issues ahead of schedule so he could take a little breather and relax a little, but when the editor heard this he announced that Excalibur would be going biweekly, thus putting Davis actually behind schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    If you can stick it out to issue #42, Davis takes over as writer and the run is very good, but there are sadly a bunch of filler issues where he's not both writing and drawing, and they're generally dreadful. IIRC Davis made the mistake of mentioning that he'd got six issues ahead of schedule so he could take a little breather and relax a little, but when the editor heard this he announced that Excalibur would be going biweekly, thus putting Davis actually behind schedule.
    yeah my motivation drops tremendously when Davis is not on art.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    He also prefers them being mind-controlled and changing races while doing the act.
    The amount of body transformation (sex, gender, race, but even just weirdness all around with the TechNet) is amazing.

Astonishing Member

The amount of body transformation (sex, gender, race, but even just weirdness all around with the TechNet) is amazing.
    The hilarious thing is personally, I'm pretty sure none of his X-Men content actually even reaches Peak Claremont. Works in other genres or mediums arguably outweird anything he put in the X-books, (IMO at least).

Just saying, in the one and only short story he contributed to George Martin's Wildcards universe of superhumans, he created a character who was once just an ordinary woman - aside from being a famous (and bisexual, obviously) rock star - until the day her 'card turned' and she manifested her superpower, which apparently was the uncontrollable ability to turn into a subway car. She just uh, didn't know how to change back. So she spent the next twenty years rolling around the New York transit tunnels as a haunted subway car that stalked pickpockets, rapists and mobsters that Did Crime whilst in her metro system, and then she lured them into her subway car, trapped them inside and uh. Ate them. Somehow. Was never really clear on how that last part worked. Then again, I think I got a contact high just from reading the story.
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 08-16-2022 at 05:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    The hilarious thing is personally, I'm pretty sure none of his X-Men content actually even reaches Peak Claremont. Works in other genres or mediums arguably outweird anything he put in the X-books, (IMO at least).

Just saying, in the one and only short story he contributed to George Martin's Wildcards universe of superhumans, he created a character who was once just an ordinary woman - aside from being a famous (and bisexual, obviously) rock star - until the day her 'card turned' and she manifested her superpower, which apparently was the uncontrollable ability to turn into a subway car. She just uh, didn't know how to change back. So she spent the next twenty years rolling around the New York transit tunnels as a haunted subway car that stalked pickpockets, rapists and mobsters that Did Crime whilst in her metro system, and then she lured them into her subway car, trapped them inside and uh. Ate them. Somehow. Was never really clear on how that last part worked. Then again, I think I got a contact high just from reading the story.
    I feel drunk just reading this so I'm not sure how you managed to read the whole story XD I didn't even know there was a super hero martin universe.

Josh Cornillon just made a kinda NSFW funny picture about how Jean would react about Scott's queerness. Look for his twitter !

I... honestly expected the second part of that sentence to mention Hellion.
    Everyone loves Hellion, regardless of their sexual identity. He's the exception everyone has, it's perfectly natural for straight men to fall in love with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Honestly, if Cyclops were into men, I don't think he'd like Wolverine, he'd be into, like, math homework or something.
    Lmao! Scott is a nerd, but he isn’t that nerdy. Yet, it would be hilarious bedroom talk.

Scott: “Jean, talk to me in binary like you did on our honeymoon”

This is incredibly subjective territory lol. There has been so much repression in Bobby's life that we never knew what his real personality was.

Also, some of ya'll making it seem like Sina wrote him at Will and Grace levels.

I... honestly expected the second part of that sentence to mention Hellion.

As an aside, this got me thinking who the male version of Emma is and it got real depressing when I realized OG Hellfire was schlubby older men and Emma.

Fox prettied up Shaw and Donald Pierce by casting Kevin Bacon and Boyd Holbrook respectively. Speaking of the latter, X-Books need a Corinthian style hot queer male villain.
    A boy Scott was a teacher for when he was a teen? That’s taboo and problematic.

Btw, he had characters calling Rachel code words for lesbian in his 80's run.
    When? I recall the coded references to Mystique and Destiny, but not Rachel.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Everyone loves Hellion, regardless of their sexual identity. He's the exception everyone has, it's perfectly natural for straight men to fall in love with him.
    Not everyone... I personally don't like the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Not everyone... I personally don't like the character.
    Everyone who counts loves Hellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

BANNED

This is incredibly subjective territory lol. There has been so much repression in Bobby's life that we never knew what his real personality was.

Also, some of ya'll making it seem like Sina wrote him at Will and Grace levels. ...
    Yes, I figure that goes without saying, as I implied as much. I also don't subscribe to this line of thought, where someone is wholly defined by their sexuality, repressed or otherwise. I find that assertion fallacious, and often laced with underlying, ulterior motives. Some new aspects will surface, sure, but the idea that everything about someone beforehand being a total lie is just... fabricated exaggeration, and extremely dismissive.

What a curious comparison, and I would hope not, as W&G was a situation... comedy, filled with heightened satire. Imprinting, however, was noticeable. Enough to make me wonder if Grace, or Vecchio for that matter, were ever in the closet and/or had relationships with women. Because if not, that's a detraction from authenticity, for me.
    Last edited by PolarIceFire; 08-16-2022 at 06:57 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I'm honestly trying to figure out what books people read pre-Austen where they thought Bobby was gay. ...
    Other than displaying same sex attraction, what would have... for you?