Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Are Scott and Logan fucking? should have been a question for JDW in XMM instead of Did the No-Place give Moira cancer?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    This, 'cause...

I'm kinda leaning towards them being verse.

Ha! I knew someone was gonna post this page of fan art sooner or later

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Iceman should be bi not gay. He was into women when he had amnesia so it wouldn't make sense to make him gay only
    Amnesia doesn't automatically make one out and proud.

Never been a huge fan of the sexuality changes personally....I think about a case like Iceman not only the way it was done and without real regard or respect to his past(imo) but also the abrupt personality change that was especially notable with Sina Grace writing the character....Also I feel they use longstanding characters as an easy way out to get a more prominent character to be lgbtq without putting in the leg work to really make a newer or less prominent character generally tick with audiences its not easy in general(plenty of straight characters have failed lost to the dustbin of history to be forgotten about) and when sexual preference is made such a heavy focus in some cases its a turn off often times to the very community there trying to reach or cater to.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Logan introduced him to the Victorian practice of frottage.
    Thats all Im gonna say.
    Quote Originally Posted by cam18 View Post
    Never been a huge fan of the sexuality changes personally....I think about a case like Iceman not only the way it was done and without real regard or respect to his past(imo) but also the abrupt personality change that was especially notable with Sina Grace writing the character....Also I feel they use longstanding characters as an easy way out to get a more prominent character to be lgbtq without putting in the leg work to really make a newer or less prominent character generally tick with audiences its not easy in general(plenty of straight characters have failed lost to the dustbin of history to be forgotten about) and when sexual preference is made such a heavy focus in some cases its a turn off often times to the very community there trying to reach or cater to.
    IN what ways did his personality change?
    GrindrStone(D)

With the blatant exception of the Lojott Poly (Jean loves both and they both love Jean, the Poly was just an extension of that)...The Krakoa era didn't change anything that wasn't already established before. Characters who were gay (Iceman) and subtextually hinted (Rachel) were given their due but no one was sexuality-switched to be something they never were. That's why I don't think/believe Scott and Logan suddenly became hott for each other...as canonically, for decades, they were always straight.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    With the blatant exception of the Lojott Poly (Jean loves both and they both love Jean, the Poly was just an extension of that)...The Krakoa era didn't change anything that wasn't already established before. Characters who were gay (Iceman) and subtextually hinted (Rachel) were given their due but no one was sexuality-switched to be something they never were. That's why I don't think/believe Scott and Logan suddenly became hott for each other...as canonically, for decades, they were always straight.
    The same would apply to Rachel and Betsy as well. But, here we are... Subtext notwithstanding.

Not really...as they've both been queer coded by different writers throughout their written histories despite both having relationships with men-Betsy with Warren and Rachel with Alistaire Stuart and Korvus. (Though Rachel's situation is closer to Bobby's in that her straight relationships never seemed/felt "right")

Point is...
    Scott and Logan have never been coded, subtextually or otherwise, to be other than straight. The greatest love of their lives, in multiple universes, is a straight woman.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-08-2022 at 09:35 PM.

BANNED

Not really...as they've both been queer coded by different writers throughout their written histories despite both having relationships with men-Betsy with Warren and Rachel with Alistaire Stuart and Korvus. (Though Rachel's situation is closer to Bobby's in that her straight relationships never seemed/felt "right")

Point is...
    Scott and Logan have never been coded, subtextually or otherwise, to be other than straight. The greatest love of their lives, in multiple universes, is a straight woman.
    Please elaborate... Never seemed and or felt right to whom?

Incredible Member

Point is...
    Rachel's situation is not like Bobby's given that nobody has actually said that she is gay. Up until somebody does, she's now canonically bisexual. She can identify as queer, there are plenty of woman who identify as queer and are in relationships with men or with women.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Ha! I knew someone was gonna post this page of fan art sooner or later
    Well, *I try*... to always save the best for last. And Cyke bein' more blasé while Logan's havin' a meltdown seems about right to me. Figure Scott's always tryin' to eXert as much control as possible in most aspects of his life, that he must be an ABSOLUTE FREAK, behind closed doors. I'd be into that... and him!
    Last edited by PolarIceFire; 08-09-2022 at 02:15 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Betsy hooking up with Rachel is weird- not about them being bi (well, as pointed out, considering the X-office background, they'll likely be made lesbians, because you can only be bi if you're evil and/or is someone that sleeps around a lot, like Mystique and Daken), but the fact that at this point there's probably more members of the Summers clan she hooked up or tried to than not.
    I like to see Betsy hooking up with Peter Parker. Rachel and Felicia Hardy would make a wonderful couple...

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Rachel's situation is not like Bobby's given that nobody has actually said that she is gay. Up until somebody does, she's now canonically bisexual. She can identify as queer, there are plenty of woman who identify as queer and are in relationships with men or with women.
    Like Bobby who had difficulty with his relationships before being outed as gay. In the post you quoted I did say "queer coded". Not explicitly gay....as yes, in my head Betsy and Rachel are bi.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-09-2022 at 05:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Please elaborate... Never seemed and or felt right to whom?
    To the character.
    She broke up with Korvus because she thought their feelings and relationship was only due to their Phoenix bond they shared. It may not have been true but that's how she felt. Which reminded me of the issues Opal had with Bobby...hence the comparison. (To further clarify...I'm not saying they're the exact same scenarios...they clearly aren't.)

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Rachel also broke up with Kurt because she was compromised by Mentallo or w/e his name is.
    "Cable was right!"