Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    This in particular threw me out of my suspension of disbelief. Proteus is her son, all that history, all those plots and he not even an aside in her Krakoa story?
    I’m enjoying Krakoa but to me it an AU,
    Not to transform another thread into "Krakoa is out of character and bad etc." But

They did mention Proteus in HOX though.
    And didn't they interact during the last X-Gala ?
    Also I wish Banshee's pain to discover (off panel) that the woman he loved was still living while she killed him and use his skin was explored more explicitely in LoX.
    I also wondered a bit if Rahne's path would cross Moira in New Mutants during her arc in the Shadow King story but nope.

Ultimate Member

This in particular threw me out of my suspension of disbelief. Proteus is her son, all that history, all those plots and he not even an aside in her Krakoa story?
    I’m enjoying Krakoa but to me it an AU.
    Yeah, it's been my fanon from the beginning that at least part of the conceptualization of Krakoa and the Five as they are is because Moira was wracked by guilt over her inability in previous lives to be anything more than a jailor to her son, keeping locked up in a cell, like the Thing Under the Stairs, unable to give him any better life, despite being literally the world's foremost expert on genetic mutation. (Well, barring maybe freakishly long-lived sorts like High Evolutionary and Sinister...)

Lo and behold, she creates a mutant paradise, where her son is a *linchpin* to this new mutant miracle, and has his own built-in peer group of friends and co-workers that he lives with. That's a huge change in his circumstances, and all arranged, without his knowledge, *by his mom.*

That's some serious mom-ing. Re-ordering the world and creating a new nation so that your kid can have some friends. More than Mystique ever did for Kurt, that's for darn sure! And it seems like one hell of a story, that sort of fell to the wayside, leaving Moira some weird villain now and Proteus the nekkid purple guy who stands behind Elixir and Hope when they talk and could be replaced by a cardboard cut-out for like 80% of his appearances with no visible change.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, it's been my fanon from the beginning that at least part of the conceptualization of Krakoa and the Five as they are is because Moira was wracked by guilt over her inability in previous lives to be anything more than a jailor to her son, keeping locked up in a cell, like the Thing Under the Stairs, unable to give him any better life, despite being literally the world's foremost expert on genetic mutation. (Well, barring maybe freakishly long-lived sorts like High Evolutionary and Sinister...)

Lo and behold, she creates a mutant paradise, where her son is a *linchpin* to this new mutant miracle, and has his own built-in peer group of friends and co-workers that he lives with. That's a huge change in his circumstances, and all arranged, without his knowledge, *by his mom.*

That's some serious mom-ing. Re-ordering the world and creating a new nation so that your kid can have some friends. More than Mystique ever did for Kurt, that's for darn sure! And it seems like one hell of a story, that sort of fell to the wayside, leaving Moira some weird villain now and Proteus the nekkid purple guy who stands behind Elixir and Hope when they talk and could be replaced by a cardboard cut-out for like 80% of his appearances with no visible change.
    That would have been a fantastic story, hare I say it a human story, a humane story behind the spandex and clever world building. I’d have bought that.

That would have been a fantastic story, hare I say it a human story, a humane story behind the spandex and clever world building. I’d have bought that.
    Yeah but we got Moto-Moira instead. Think about that!
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver