Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I get the vibe that Sinister is attracted to himself. Like he doesn't care about gender, he only loves things in relation to himself. So he'd bang his clones or Miss Sinister, and maaaaybe sleep with one of his experiments if they're good quality and worship the ground he walks on. ("I made that. I made this perfect specimen. I am a genius and they rightfully adore me!")
    Not wrong. I get those vibes when he created the Madelyne clones, especially in line with what he has said to Scott about Scott’s choice of mates. It is probably an evolutionary aspect he craves, plus his hubris.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Claremont (in his Oprah voice): You get to be gay! And you get to be gay! Everybody's gay!!!

Readership Minority: YASSSSS, QUEENZZZZZZ!!!! "Bout damn time! Praise Claremont and his subtexts! snapsnapSNApZZZZZ!!!

Readership Majority: Enh! What-TF-ever. And the story was ****, though...
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-02-2022 at 08:10 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Oh, Miss Sinister. I know who you mean!

Technically yes and no. The yes in reference that Sinister did try to take over her body, but no in the sense that under normal circumstances, she is her own character. Albeit, she probably had a bit of a personality change similar to Selene or an evil Emma, but she still sees herself as completely her own being like how Madelyne sees herself. Sinister does not, but his view is irrelevant in regards to identity, since he does not take emotion or opinion into account beyond his own.
    Claudine USED to have her own character. She was just some random woman that Sinister experimented on and tried to take over her body to resurrect himself after he was killed during Messiah Complex. Her whole thing in Liu's Dark Wolverine and X-23 was that she was just trying to survive no matter what she had to do. So she was at least a little bit sympathetic and tragic in that regard, even though she did some pretty bad things out of desperation to save herself.

She disappeared for a while after she and Sinister both tried to one-up each other by trying to take over X-23's body instead, but when she came back she had fully embraced Sinister's entire gleeful Mad Scientist shtick.

Female Legacy X-Characters: You either get killed off for shock value, or last long enough to be turned into your male counterpart. :-P

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    It's pretty stupid. There are plenty of legit non-straight characters who deserve their time in the spotlight, and shouldn't be written in cartoonish fashion, but instead we have to have long straight characters changed because people don't understand friendship and combine what Claremont has said in some in modern interviews (which is akin to what JK Rowling was doing), the inside joke that he wrote all of his woman that way because of fantasies, and modern writers indulging the the slash fan demands. And sometimes this has happened to non-straight characters themselves. Shatterstar's asexuality wasn't good enough back in the 00s. But at least PAD knew how to tell stories. Far too many of the current writers have no talent and resort to orientation changes because that's all they know how to do and they know it guarantees headlines.
    Gonna co-sign with my man here again.

Changeling should be pansexual.

If they ever bring him back.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post
    I know a ton of Gambit fans, none of whom consider him gay or bi. Statements like that drive me crazy.
    To be fair, I never said that ALL readers see him as bisexual (and I never said ANYONE considers him gay) -- I was just acknowledging that there are many who do, and that there have been several writers who have agreed with that interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    No, Gambit es heterosexual. And Scott anda Logan IN CANON ARE BISEX.

I mean a writer can believe and say what they want, the important thing is that it shows up in comics, and Logan and Scott already know they have had relationships and they made it clear.
    Remy has never seriously flirted with another man, the daken thing was towards Remy, not the other way around, and Daken ended up pretty beat up for that, and "when he kissed his friend" in his solo series they forgot to mention that his friend was in a COMPLETELY WOMAN body.

So there is absolutely nothing to " assume Gambit is bisexual " which YES is in canon with Scott and Logan .
    I'm sorry, but there IS reason for people to at least suspect Gambit might be bisexual. If you disagree with the interpretation, that's fine --but doesn't make the circumstantial evidence and hints disappear. Yes, Courier was in a female form at the time -- but Remy was still aware of who Jacob is and was. Remy flirted back with Daken -- it was not all one-sided. That said, I do agree that Gambit was not seriously interested flirting with Daken, but was just playing along. His flirting with Kyle was of course not expressing a serious intent to seduce--the man was just married to his teammate--but it was still a flirt.

A one-off instance of a same-sex flirtation or ambiguous encounter can easily be written off as 'just a joke'. But when multiple cases start showing up, the "he's just joking; it doesn't mean anything" starts to feel like the desperate attempts that some insecure fans made for years to deny Deadpool's pansexuality and sweep it under the rug as "just jokes". And when some of the writers start saying that they deliberately wrote Gambit as bisexual it becomes even sillier to deny that any such hints exist--the writers have confirmed that they DID. Its true that its not official until it gets confirmed on-panel...but if/when Gambit ever does get outed as bisexual on-panel, it won't have just been conjured out of thin air.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Considering his name is Stonewall, I wouldn't be surprised if Absorbing Man's son was meant to be gay from the start.
    Hickman has confirmed that he intended Stonewall (the Secret Warriors one, not the Freedom Force one) to be gay...but that the code name was just a coincidence since he had never heard of the Stonewall riot until someone questioned him about the character's sexuality.

I want Storm to be BI so bad

Quote Originally Posted by xfire2k13 View Post
    I want Storm to be BI so bad
    She already is.

IYKYK
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    To be fair, I never said that ALL readers see him as bisexual (and I never said ANYONE considers him gay) -- I was just acknowledging that there are many who do, and that there have been several writers who have agreed with that interpretation.

I'm sorry, but there IS reason for people to at least suspect Gambit might be bisexual. If you disagree with the interpretation, that's fine --but doesn't make the circumstantial evidence and hints disappear. Yes, Courier was in a female form at the time -- but Remy was still aware of who Jacob is and was. Remy flirted back with Daken -- it was not all one-sided. That said, I do agree that Gambit was not seriously interested flirting with Daken, but was just playing along. His flirting with Kyle was of course not expressing a serious intent to seduce--the man was just married to his teammate--but it was still a flirt.

A one-off instance of a same-sex flirtation or ambiguous encounter can easily be written off as 'just a joke'. But when multiple cases start showing up, the "he's just joking; it doesn't mean anything" starts to feel like the desperate attempts that some insecure fans made for years to deny Deadpool's pansexuality and sweep it under the rug as "just jokes". And when some of the writers start saying that they deliberately wrote Gambit as bisexual it becomes even sillier to deny that any such hints exist--the writers have confirmed that they DID. Its true that its not official until it gets confirmed on-panel...but if/when Gambit ever does get outed as bisexual on-panel, it won't have just been conjured out of thin air.
    Precisely .... for Remy a kiss is nothing, and when he kissed his friend HIS BODY WAS THAT OF A GIRL COMPLETELY something else would have been if he kissed him as a man, but it was not the case, Remy kissed storm without feeling no type of attraction for her ( that Storm does feel and even said she was jealous of Rogue ) and Remy lowered Storm 's ego a bit , telling her that he loves Rogue , and that kiss meant nothing to Gambit lol .

With Daken he flirted with Remy, it wasn't Remy, the one who flirted was Daken, which also didn't work.

As I said, evidence of some bisexuality of Remy is still Zero .... in fact he has always been seen kissing and sleeping with multiple women (when he is single) ALSO THAT THE SAME x Oficia did not AGREE WITH THAT OF GAMBIT BISEX. that si canon

Bisex in canon are : Wolverine Cyclops Rictor Mystique Destiny Rachel ( now ) Daken shatterstar Psycloke Deadpool Carol Speed and others

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Precisely .... for Remy a kiss is nothing, and when he kissed his friend HIS BODY WAS THAT OF A GIRL COMPLETELY something else would have been if he kissed him as a man, but it was not the case, Remy kissed storm without feeling no type of attraction for her ( that Storm does feel and even said she was jealous of Rogue ) and Remy lowered Storm 's ego a bit , telling her that he loves Rogue , and that kiss meant nothing to Gambit lol .

With Daken he flirted with Remy, it wasn't Remy, the one who flirted was Daken, which also didn't work.

As I said, evidence of some bisexuality of Remy is still Zero .... in fact he has always been seen kissing and sleeping with multiple women (when he is single) ALSO THAT THE SAME x Oficia did not AGREE WITH THAT OF GAMBIT BISEX. that si canon

Bisex in canon are : Wolverine Cyclops Rictor Mystique Destiny Rachel ( now ) Daken shatterstar Psycloke Deadpool Carol Speed and others
    I'm lost, when Cyclops was canonized as bisexual?

Quote Originally Posted by CapCyke View Post
    (One reader's take...)

Some of this stuff has been a little more like -

I'm going to be cool with it if that is what you want to get out of what was on the page...

Quote Originally Posted by CapCyke View Post
    The three of them shared a room on the moon... the conversation between Logan and Scott alone was quite obvious, if they want to fake dementia it's something else, besides they came out in a pride issue.

Canon , that some fans do not like it is not my problem anymore .

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Betsy hooking up with Rachel is weird- not about them being bi (well, as pointed out, considering the X-office background, they'll likely be made lesbians, because you can only be bi if you're evil and/or is someone that sleeps around a lot, like Mystique and Daken), but the fact that at this point there's probably more members of the Summers clan she hooked up or tried to than not.
    I was ready for Rachel-Kitty. All the pretext building up over the years and we get something totally random.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    She already is.

IYKYK

She is??

Please put her with Yurkio then Marvel