Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    The three of them shared a room on the moon... the conversation between Logan and Scott alone was quite obvious, if they want to fake dementia it's something else, besides they came out in a pride issue.

Canon , that some fans do not like it is not my problem anymore .
    Sorry, but that's nonsense. You can't put a character in a category based on just that.

If one day Cyclops explains that he is attracted to men or that he has a sexual interaction with a man, no problem it's canon. A single very interpretable discussion, no.

And it's not a shared room but 3 rooms with 2 doors that give access to Jean's.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    (One reader's take...)

Some of this stuff has been a little more like -
    Yeah that's how I see it too. Not a very brave method by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by CapCyke View Post
    Yeah that's how I see it too. Not a very brave method by the way.
    (Again, one reader's take...)

That being a reader's takeaway is even more confusing that folks getting what they have out of a sequence that certainly could amount to what they feel like it does.

If that's how folks want to see it?

No big whoop.

Quote Originally Posted by CapCyke View Post
    Sorry, but that's nonsense. You can't put a character in a category based on just that.

If one day Cyclops explains that he is attracted to men or that he has a sexual interaction with a man, no problem it's canon. A single very interpretable discussion, no.

And it's not a shared room but 3 rooms with 2 doors that give access to Jean's.
    The quite explicit conversation, especially considering that WE KNOW they were in a poly relationship, and they were flirting about how they would look in thongs lol, not wanting to oil the obvious is something else, that conversation leaves no doubt, the room in the Summers ( and Logan ) house, and THEY CAME OUT IN THE issue to The PRIDE.

That some don't want to accept it (and I don't know why) is something else but I think Hickman was quite clear. IT WAS MORE EVIDENT WITH THAT CONVERSATION BETWEEN SCOTT AND LOGAN ON THE MOON.
    really what's wrong with being bisex??????
    they defend it as if it's a bad thing,.something to be more ashamed of is the poly relationship, but there is nothing of to being ashamed of being bisex/gay/trans.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

The quite explicit conversation, especially considering that WE KNOW they were in a poly relationship, and they were flirting about how they would look in thongs lol, not wanting to oil the obvious is something else, that conversation leaves no doubt, the room in the Summers ( and Logan ) house, and THEY CAME OUT IN THE issue to The PRIDE.

That some don't want to accept it (and I don't know why) is something else but I think Hickman was quite clear. IT WAS MORE EVIDENT WITH THAT CONVERSATION BETWEEN SCOTT AND LOGAN ON THE MOON.
    they defend it as if it's a bad thing,.something to be more ashamed of is the poly relationship, but there is nothing of to being ashamed of being bisex/gay/trans.
    As others have pointed out, a lot of it depends on personal interpretation. It's all rather vague and it was probably intended to be that way. Heck, it took a while for confirmation of Scott and Jean being together for some readers and Emma herself is still a question mark to some.

That being said, if this really is the case, what's the difference with Gambit's situation? Seems a bit odd to argue one over the other.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

My headcanon to explain why Laura stopped hanging out with Cessily is because she's afraid of revealing her true feelings for her friend.

My head canon...
    Wolverine
    Gambit

Cyclops
    Iceman

Sunspot
    Cannonball

Cannonball
    Sunspot

Sunspot
    Rictor

Sunspot Reignfire
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by shugahfree View Post
    Laura should be a butch lesbian. She was never cooler than in ANW with her black leather jacket and less in the bullseye of the straight male gaze.

Long overdue coming outs for Rahne (lesbian), Dani (bi), Avalanche (gay), Pyro (gay), Storm (pan), Illyana (ace), Tag (gay), and Jubilee (though not necessarily with Laura). I don't think a writer has really put in the work to connect the dots for me, but think M would be fun as bi too.

So which is it...did Claremont write characters as gay per his fantasies or do readers "not understand friendship"?

Either way, Claremont was explicitly FORBIDDEN from writing any of his characters as out gay no matter how heavy handed the hints were.
    I’m surprised Rahne and Dani still aren’t yet. Especially when the live action New Mutants movie was about to come out.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I’m surprised Rahne and Dani still aren’t yet. Especially when the live action New Mutants movie was about to come out.
    Marvel would be happy if everyone forgot that movie ever existed.
    Last edited by Omega Alpha; 08-03-2022 at 05:46 AM.

I think this is more wishful thinking on your part, Logan will never ever be portrayed as bisexual.
    And Gambit is married to Rogue.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Wait!

Some people really thought that Logan and Scott's tongue-in-cheek witty banter about Scott in speedos was them actually flirting with each other and an indicator that they were also fucking?

Oh dear...
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    The X-Office is very biphobic, Iceman should have been bisexual, Rictor was bisexual until they make him 100% gay, same with Destiny, they will do it with Raechel aswell.

I also dont like that they feature gay characters like Anole, Darkvail and Graymalking only in the pide issues to show how progressive they are, but as soon as june is over they forget about those characters.

Meanwhile most books are still lead by straight white anglosaxon people, with the token minority.
    Bisexuality is portrayed badly in American fictional media anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Wait!

Some people really thought that Logan and Scott's tongue-in-cheek witty banter about Scott in speedos was them actually flirting with each other and an indicator that they were also fucking?

Oh dear...
    Dev, you're acting as if it's your 1st week on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Well Ayala is a better writer than Howard so it'll take time.
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 08-03-2022 at 06:10 AM.
    "Cable was right!"

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    My headcanon to explain why Laura stopped hanging out with Cessily is because she's afraid of revealing her true feelings for her friend.

Where is this panel from? Thx
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    ... Sunspot Reignfire
    Wouldn't this essentially, be more like... masturbation, or am I missin' something?

Also, I would say Gambit's's unequivocally been shown to have...

eXperience(s) in this area of seXual eXploration.

Astonishing Member

Literally just here for the thread topic and athletically backflipping above and around all other 'debates' cuz I've wasted too much time debating some of these very same chestnuts and boy do I just not care to do that anymore, lolol.......

But my big hopes/wishes for future confirmed-as-LGBTQ+ mutants or mutant-relevant-pairings would be:

Black Tom and Juggernaut - let these two villains turned antiheroes turned unorthodox civil servants finally get their big onscreen smooch, and then maybe lean hard into the hilarity and absurdity of them trying to bemusedly co-parent Cain's kinda-sorta-might-as-well-be foster daughter, Miranda Manuel aka D-Cel, who is a delight and a fave and we should totally see more of anyway.

Avalanche and Pyro I - basically same as above.

Kate and Illyana

Sam and Roberto - honestly, I see this one as the least likely to happen any time soon because Marvel seems pretty content with Sam's little family unit of him and Izzy and baby Josh, and while polyamory exists I can see Izzy being patiently tolerant of Sam's history and dynamic with Berto but that doesn't mean she's remotely interested in him herself. (Not that I can relate, but hey, different strokes for different folks). But that said, I'd still be game for a story beat that addresses that perhaps Sam and Berto have blurred the lines of their friendship a time or two, but ultimately defaulted to BFFs rather than go the romance route. And then we can have Berto shown acting on same gender attraction in future romances, as well as Sam being more bisexual representation in a committed, longterm monogamous relationship because yeah, Marvel's got a bad track record of usually acting like a character can only be bisexual if they're evil, a slut, or an evil slut. (Not using slut as a pejorative here, its a label I've worn as a bi man a time or two myself and so like, sluts of the world, you're valid and stuff but lol yeah let's not pretend Marvel doesn't have a certain 'take' on ye old slutty bisexual trope.)

Storm and Yukio - Personally, I consider them to be all but confirmed as canon and I simply do not vibe with interpretations that act like their dynamic is platonic, but I def wouldn't hate a re-visitation of them that inarguably cemented them as having shared a past romance, once and for all.
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 08-03-2022 at 06:14 AM.