Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Bisexuality is portrayed badly in American fictional media anyway.

Dev, you're acting as if it's your 1st week on the internet.

Well Ayala is a better writer than Howard so it'll take time.
    LOL. I really should know better to not be surprised by most things I read here.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Wait!

Some people really thought that Logan and Scott's tongue-in-cheek witty banter about Scott in speedos was them actually flirting with each other and an indicator that they were also fucking?

Oh dear...
    My thoughts exactly.

People need to spend less time projecting.

People can joke and two people can be close with them being lovers.
    Last edited by Username taken; 08-03-2022 at 06:23 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysian_Thracs View Post
    Where is this panel from? Thx
    Pixie Strikes Back.

It should be noted this is the result of Mastermind, Lady Mastermind, and the demon Saturnine messing with everyone's heads and basically creating a false reality for them.

Incredible Member

Wait!

Some people really thought that Logan and Scott's tongue-in-cheek witty banter about Scott in speedos was them actually flirting with each other and an indicator that they were also fucking?

Oh dear...
    What about the Pride Cover where they are marching with Jean? What about the conected rooms?

All X-Men are automatically queer apart from Logan, who thinks "queer" means doing anything other than missionary with the lights out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    ... People need to spend less time projecting...
    That goes both ways...

Coincidentally enough, blue & green have always been my favorite colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    What about the conected rooms?
    maybe they just like making sandwiches together ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    The quite explicit conversation, especially considering that WE KNOW they were in a poly relationship, and they were flirting about how they would look in thongs lol, not wanting to oil the obvious is something else, that conversation leaves no doubt, the room in the Summers ( and Logan ) house, and THEY CAME OUT IN THE issue to The PRIDE.

That some don't want to accept it (and I don't know why) is something else but I think Hickman was quite clear. IT WAS MORE EVIDENT WITH THAT CONVERSATION BETWEEN SCOTT AND LOGAN ON THE MOON.
    really what's wrong with being bisex??????
    they defend it as if it's a bad thing,.something to be more ashamed of is the poly relationship, but there is nothing of to being ashamed of being bisex/gay/trans.
    Sorry, two guys clowning around with each other with locker room humor doesn't mean a damn thing.

Geeze. Grow up.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Marvel would be happy if everyone forgot that movie ever existed.
    Suspect they would be happier if every one involved with it including the movie fans wound up as Limbo Demon Chow....
    Last edited by rcaguy; 08-03-2022 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    What about the Pride Cover where they are marching with Jean? What about the conected rooms?
    So...straight people (and we agree that Jean is unequivocally straight) can't be openly supportive of gays?
    The connected rooms just indicated their polyamory (which was never really in doubt, if not explored)...and when last I checked polys can be exclusively straight.

But you know what...you believe what you may.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

As any well-adjusted grownup will tell ya, leaving things open to interpretation means... just that. And, that's it's almost always intentional. I would eXpect even amateur provocateurs are aware of this. That some are seemingly so easily threatened, speaks volumes, and says more about them than otherwise. After all, it's quite simple, just...

... believe what you may.

I mean, relaX... it's just seX.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

So...straight people (and we agree that Jean is unequivocally straight) can't be openly supportive of gays?
    The connected rooms just indicated their polyamory (which was never really in doubt, if not explored)...and when last I checked polys can be exclusively straight.

But you know what...you believe what you may.
    Honestly, I think a big part of some of it is the shipping wars. War never changes.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Leaving things up to interpretation is all well and good until you realise there is an absolute lack of reading comprehension skills. And if one cannot read/understand the difference between wry banter and sexual flirting then...

As I expressed earlier, I would say the majority of readers, myself included (gay and straight) here and elsewhere are far less threatened by "all the gayness" than the poor writing and subsequent disregard of said gayness.

It is what it is.

BANNED

So you say, that... doesn't make it true, however.

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Leaving things up to interpretation is all well and good until you realise there is an absolute lack of reading comprehension skills. And if one cannot read/understand the difference between wry banter and sexual flirting then...

As I expressed earlier, I would say the majority of readers, myself included (gay and straight) here and elsewhere are far less threatened by "all the gayness" than the poor writing and subsequent disregard of said gayness.

It is what it is.
    Want to second this thought. I have no objection to queer characters. I do have objections to bad and lazy writing, as well as writers who either don't bother to learn a character's multi-decade history or, even worse, simply don't care about anything but the story they are presently telling. It is a disservice to their predecessors, the fans, and the characters as literary devices meant to move forward into other stories.
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...