Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Literally just here for the thread topic and athletically backflipping above and around all other 'debates' cuz I've wasted too much time debating some of these very same chestnuts and boy do I just not care to do that anymore, lolol.......

But my big hopes/wishes for future confirmed-as-LGBTQ+ mutants or mutant-relevant-pairings would be:

Black Tom and Juggernaut - let these two villains turned antiheroes turned unorthodox civil servants finally get their big onscreen smooch, and then maybe lean hard into the hilarity and absurdity of them trying to bemusedly co-parent Cain's kinda-sorta-might-as-well-be foster daughter, Miranda Manuel aka D-Cel, who is a delight and a fave and we should totally see more of anyway.

Avalanche and Pyro I - basically same as above.

Kate and Illyana

Sam and Roberto - honestly, I see this one as the least likely to happen any time soon because Marvel seems pretty content with Sam's little family unit of him and Izzy and baby Josh, and while polyamory exists I can see Izzy being patiently tolerant of Sam's history and dynamic with Berto but that doesn't mean she's remotely interested in him herself. (Not that I can relate, but hey, different strokes for different folks). But that said, I'd still be game for a story beat that addresses that perhaps Sam and Berto have blurred the lines of their friendship a time or two, but ultimately defaulted to BFFs rather than go the romance route. And then we can have Berto shown acting on same gender attraction in future romances, as well as Sam being more bisexual representation in a committed, longterm monogamous relationship because yeah, Marvel's got a bad track record of usually acting like a character can only be bisexual if they're evil, a slut, or an evil slut. (Not using slut as a pejorative here, its a label I've worn as a bi man a time or two myself and so like, sluts of the world, you're valid and stuff but lol yeah let's not pretend Marvel doesn't have a certain 'take' on ye old slutty bisexual trope.)

Storm and Yukio - Personally, I consider them to be all but confirmed as canon and I simply do not vibe with interpretations that act like their dynamic is platonic, but I def wouldn't hate a re-visitation of them that inarguably cemented them as having shared a past romance, once and for all.
    100% co-signed. Especially the Black Tom/Juggernaut and Pyro/Avalanche, I just want more villain couples. I was always more Kitty/Rachel, but since that doesn't seem possible right now, I'm for Kitty/Illyana.

Incredible Member

Is Exodus now confirmed to be gay?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Is Exodus now confirmed to be gay?
    It doesn't say he was in love with Black Knight, or had romantic feelings for him, so I don't think it was fully confirmed, but yeah, it's hard to not read him as at least bi.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

People need to touch grass if they think love only can be used romantically.
    "Cable was right!"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    What if I smoke the grass?

To be fair I always read Exodus as asexual, but is clear that he was in love with the knight, maybe not in a sexual way tho. The realigious zealout went againt "his god" to spare his lover life, if it wa a man and a woman there will be no question.

Shipping is one hell of a drug. Doesn’t matter if you’re the same or opposite sex, platonic love just doesn’t exist for these people and you automatically have to be romantically involved with any character you have a strong bond with.

Yeah, I didn't read the Exodus stuff as romantic at all. Like I believe people should ship whatever you want, but I don't think the relationship was meant to be romantic. As Trini said, not all love is romantic, and there wasn't really anything romantic about their scenes or what Exodus said, when there easily could have been.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Leaving things up to interpretation is all well and good until you realise there is an absolute lack of reading comprehension skills. And if one cannot read/understand the difference between wry banter and sexual flirting then...

As I expressed earlier, I would say the majority of readers, myself included (gay and straight) here and elsewhere are far less threatened by "all the gayness" than the poor writing and subsequent disregard of said gayness.

It is what it is.
    Agreed 100%.

You're expressing my thoughts better than I would have.

Ultimate Member

Exactly this again. It's something I see a lot online.

It bears pointing out that people of any gender can be very close and not be involved romantically. You can love a person and not be romantically involved with them.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly this again. It's something I see a lot online.

It bears pointing out that people of any gender can be very close and not be involved romantically. You can love a person and not be romantically involved with them.
    I think it's less "people don't understand platonic love" and more "for every platonic friendship, there is someone who ships it." Like I've got plenty of characters where I appreciate their platonic friendship and see nothing more, but also character "pairings" where I see (or hope to see) something romantic. But just about every potential pairing seems to have at least ONE person who ships it, so you wind up with shipping discussion everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Please don't, aren't Bling! and Loa enogh for Mercury? Plus Armor is just to bland and boring for her.
    Armor's not going to get the multimedia push either. They've pretty much admitted giving her powers to Ms. Marvel in the MCU.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    With bobby.....Iceman never fit me as a straight guy, he always gave closeth gay Fender vibes, so I don't see anything wrong with that, actually that wasn't a surprise, long before that baby Iceman and old Iceman came out from the closet AND THEY WILL DECLAR THEMSELVES 100% GAYS, it was the character that was most speculated to be gay from closeth and there were many tests and open issues about it.
    Just look at X-Men #1 from 1963. He's the only one who didn't fall for Jean the moment he saw her. The others all wanted her - even Charles. But not Bobby. At the time, you could assume it was due to his youth. But in retrospect, it was probably also because of his repressed sexuality.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Having seX =/= making love. And it's true the latter comes in all forms, from familial to platonic to romantic, and everything in between. It also can vary widely in intensity, and that itself, can change over time. This is where things like infatuation can be delineated, from something deeper... or not.

But WOW, some are adding a whole lotta unnecessary weight to certain instances re. the subject and... taking it far too seriously. IMO, of course. I'm curious now, if Hickman himself has ever commented on the one that seems to be most in question, and caused the most... visceral reaction. Personally, at this point, I'm just kinda feelin' like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Armor's not going to get the multimedia push either. They've pretty much admitted giving her powers to Ms. Marvel in the MCU.
    dat f***ing sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Just look at X-Men #1 from 1963. He's the only one who didn't fall for Jean the moment he saw her. The others all wanted her - even Charles. But not Bobby. At the time, you could assume it was due to his youth. But in retrospect, it was probably also because of his repressed sexuality.
    don't drooling all over Jean Grey, must be gay :/

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Shipping is one hell of a drug. Doesn’t matter if you’re the same or opposite sex, platonic love just doesn’t exist for these people and you automatically have to be romantically involved with any character you have a strong bond with.
    I mean, why be mad now when the same rule applies to same-sex platonic bonds that always applied to opposite sex platonic bonds since Year 1?

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I mean, why be mad now when the same rule applies to same-sex platonic bonds that always applied to opposite sex platonic bonds since Year 1?
    I’ve hated it even when it applied to opposite sex pairs. Sometimes friends are just that. There’s no need to force something more. But these days, no one can just have a platonic relationship that’s deep, it’s always gotta be pushed to be romantic which in turn makes it somewhat shallow.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 08-03-2022 at 12:38 PM.