Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I don't think they will sell IP's. Maybe they will license out properties to other publishers so they can publish characters (like say, a Vixen comic published by IDW) and they might license out properties to other studios so they will make movies and tv shows *for* WB/DC.

I should note that this is a similar situation that Marvel was in in the late 90's and early 00's. They were bankrupt and sold the rights for adaptations to various studios; Fox got X-Men, Sony got Spider-Man, I think either Paramount or Universal (?) had Namor and Universal still holds distribution rights for Hulk. It took a good 20 years and one of the largest corporate mergers in history before Marvel got the live action rights back to their characters.

I don't expect history to repeat itself but the next couple of years are going to be rough for DC fans.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Zaslav has repeatedly cited DC as one of the Crown Jewels of the merger because everyone on the planet knows who Batman and Superman are. The Batgirl situation and what it says about the company aren’t promising, but it’s unlikely they’re gonna outright divest themselves of the DC IP. The merchandise sales from Batman alone are a consistently lucrative revenue stream.

Lots of people love Batman but couldn't care less about batfamily.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Someday someone's going to write a book about the last 20 years at DC and it's mismanagement. Could this be the reboot finally happening? Wonder if Flash will get released now.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Wonder if Flash will get released now.
    Maybe they'll just rename it "Batman: Flashpoint"

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    With the recent news that WB-Discovery is shelving their $90 million Batgirl film despite it featuring Michael Keaton as Batman/Bruce Wayne, among other lack of news forthcoming with their filmverse (outside of Black Adam & Shazam anyway), I'm making this (not-so) bold prediction...

WB-Discovery will farm out most, if not all, their DC properties within 2-3 years. You currently have someone in charge of a major studio who has no apparent interest in making films or shows. The comic book side has only trucked along the last couple of decades because of the IPs for WB. It seems that WB-Discovery has different priorities now, and I think DC is an afterthought to that.
    That would be weird and like they didn't see the challenges it made for Marvel.

Jesus...DC / WB should be embarrassed at how they have handled the majority of the movies since the Dark Knight Trilogy ended. There is really no excuse for all of this.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

It's funny how some claim DC is causing all of WB's issues. DC comics side is a drop in the bucket. Movie side is WB and not DC. WB made mistakes but that is not why they are billions in the hole. Bad movie projects, bad investments, just bad management by ATT (They probably pushed a lot of debt into WB to make their books look better for the sale.) All in all, it's not the sky is falling. It's freaking Bat-Girl not a big property and as much as some here claim she is, she is but a drop in the bucket in the DC Universe. DC doesn't need more dark and gritty movies, they have enough of those. MAYBE someone realized that and didn't want to push another one just yet. MAYBE they are turning to JSA instead of JLA to tell some new and exciting stories. We don't know but hey, lets claim the sky is falling because we are all in the know, right?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Maybe they'll just rename it "Batman: Flashpoint"
    I did literally LOL at this.