Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yupp.

And the more I read that awesome panel and think on it...it makes story-book sense why he's still alive. His power ties Magneto to one of the most fundamental elements of nature and life and the cosmos. It subsumes every atom of his being thus making him very difficult to be taken out completely when he does in fact push the capabilities of his powers to their limits and in this case, beyond.
    Yes this! This is an OLM after all, and as some have already noted, OLM energy manipulators have all been teased as having the ability to transcend the body and become living energy.

I believe this artificial heart may have been the inspiration for Magneto's feat. https://www.fiercebiotech.com/medtec...tificial-heart

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    Yes this! This is an OLM after all, and as some have already noted, OLM energy manipulators have all been teased as having the ability to transcend the body and become living energy.
    And in all these years I always wondered...how powerful could Magnus be around a more powerful magenitc field thant earth's? Like don't know...a Magnetar(Magnetic Star google it).

Astonishing Member

I wonder if they should open an "I survived getting my heart torn out" club on Krakoa?

Besides Magneto, Marrow and i pressume Wolverine, who else would qualify for it though?

Also survival via ressurection doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Yeah, i've noticed that. Ewing has a habit of increasing or making people pretty powerful. And then some other writer completely ignores it and then were back to Square 1 :-(
    Isn't that how it works for most characters these days because of how editorial and writers have given up on trying to keep continuity and consistency in the characters intact (unless they have a personal stake in keeping them too)?

Same seems to go for character development or progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I wonder if they should open an "I survived getting my heart torn out" club on Krakoa?

Besides Magneto, Marrow and i pressume Wolverine, who else would qualify for it though?
    Hellion. Laura Kinney tore out his heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    On my way out rn, but am making reading this later today my #1 PRIORITY! Thinking of doing a play-by-play, RT response review, like I did for the HfG last month. Legion, and of course... XILO, have me the most curious, so will be paying close attention to their bits. I am fully prepared to be... AWED!

Of note, re. David Haller... Iceman once did THIS:

I remember that. It took David around a second to free himself (which is quite impressive, since he wasn't just encased in ice, all the water inside his body, inside his cells had been turned to ice...) and strike back, and in the end he won (kind of... he killed Magneto like he intended to, but instead of creating a Paradise on Earth for mutants as he had planned, he unleashed the Age of Apocalypse..).

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Isn't that how it works for most characters these days because of how editorial and writers have given up on trying to keep continuity and consistency in the characters intact (unless they have a personal stake in keeping them too)?

Same seems to go for character development or progression.
    No. Not, for Hulk, Thor, Carol D and a few others. These people seem to gain New Abilities almost EVERY year.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    I remember that. It took David around a second to free himself (which is quite impressive, since he wasn't just encased in ice, all the water inside his body, inside his cells had been turned to ice...) and strike back, and in the end he won (kind of... he killed Magneto like he intended to, but instead of creating a Paradise on Earth for mutants as he had planned, he unleashed the Age of Apocalypse..).
    He accidentally killed Xavier which caused the AOA. Magneto was running the X-Men during that glorious event.

LegionQuest is one of my favorite stories. I adored the small but powerful squad of Iceman, Storm, Psylocke, and Bishop.

I'm very curious about what happened between Legion and Uranos in that short amount of time.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Also survival via ressurection doesn't count.
    Prodigy. I can't recall who did this to him, but Elixir was the one who built him a new heart (and passed out right after due to exhaustion).

I like to think Betsy's deathblow gave him a bionic heart after Elixir revived him. Which doesn't track because he's been resurrected since but yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

All of this with a big beautiful bow on top.

And to the idea that things would have been a lot worse had Uranos had more than an hour, perhaps. But the element of surprise would have faded and the Arakkii/Krakoans/Nova/Alien Merchants would have regrouped and rallied back.

One thing that just hit me - I guess they haven't resurrected Vulcan yet because he's nowhere to be found.
    Since it got mentioned...

I got to thinking the whole thing over. It wound up being less...

Has Vulcan been resurrected?...
    and more...

Hold on a second... Where is Sunfire when he should likely be right in the middle of this thing?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Actually, he killed (a younger) Xavier by accident while trying to kill (a younger) Magneto and that was what created the Age of Apocalypse timeline.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'm very curious about what happened between Legion and Uranos in that short amount of time.
    Yeah, this has me wondering. Legion can revive himself, though I don't know if there's a cooldown between his death and recreation. Coupled with his multiple personalities and how wonky time can work in his mind, pretty much anything could have happened. Personally, I'm hoping that David trapped him in his mind, then spent hundreds, if not thousands of years going through his arsenal to try and take down Uranos. Heroic and impressive, but ultimately futile.

But I'm also curious as to how Spurrier will handle this. I can see two options right now:

A) Uranos "No u'd" Legion and was unaffected by whatever Legion threw at him. Legion lost and retreated, or died and retreated. The experience might humble him and motivate him to take up Mother Poppins on her deal, so he can keep everyone sake.

B) Legion lost, but this was all part of some keikakku to look for Uranos' weaknesses. He'll smugly tell his father how he's working to defend mutants and then mock his dad for not doing more to fight directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Psych1c View Post
    Prodigy. I can't recall who did this to him, but Elixir was the one who built him a new heart (and passed out right after due to exhaustion).
    Belasco did it. Love your avatar, by the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Actually, he killed (a younger) Xavier by accident while trying to kill (a younger) Magneto and that was what created the Age of Apocalypse timeline.
    Yes, I misremembered that scene.

But my point still stands: David cam come back from being turned into an icicle.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Since it got mentioned...

I got to thinking the whole thing over. It wound up being less...

and more...
    Very true and that also reminds me that we should have Thunderbird and Manifold somewhere in the vicinity. Perhaps all three will enter the fight in the next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Yeah, this has me wondering. Legion can revive himself, though I don't know if there's a cooldown between his death and recreation. Coupled with his multiple personalities and how wonky time can work in his mind, pretty much anything could have happened. Personally, I'm hoping that David trapped him in his mind, then spent hundreds, if not thousands of years going through his arsenal to try and take down Uranos. Heroic and impressive, but ultimately futile.

But I'm also curious as to how Spurrier will handle this. I can see two options right now:

A) Uranos "No u'd" Legion and was unaffected by whatever Legion threw at him. Legion lost and retreated, or died and retreated. The experience might humble him and motivate him to take up Mother Poppins on her deal, so he can keep everyone sake.

B) Legion lost, but this was all part of some keikakku to look for Uranos' weaknesses. He'll smugly tell his father how he's working to defend mutants and then mock his dad for not doing more to fight directly.

Belasco did it. Love your avatar, by the way.
    I really like the idea of a potentially long fight within David's mind. There looked to be smoke coming off of Uranos when he returned. And I like both options for what Spurrier can do, especially A.