Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    An artificial magnetic heart is my guess... https://www.fiercebiotech.com/medtec...tificial-heart
    Shrug. If you follow SF, this isn't all that impressive. Daniel Jackson in Stargate did this in both directions quite a few times (Ascension)

Ascension

https://www.gateworld.net/wiki/Ascension

https://stargate.fandom.com/wiki/Ascension

And let's not forget Childhood's End by Arthur C. Clarke

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Childhood%27s_End
    Last edited by rcaguy; 08-06-2022 at 10:42 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Very true, Uranos had to work "methodically" for almost two minutes which gave Xilo the chance to hide Lodus.

From reading your tweets it's clear you are a precog!
    Yep, and I'm looking forward to learning more about them, and their backstory... I hope.

I wish! But no, nothing that divine, esoteric, and/or preternatural. I've just consumed MASSIVE amounts of media over the yrs., in all its myriad of forms [far, FAR too much, probably], and have a fairly good memory retention. Which when combined, forms a *circuit*... to easily spot... PATTERNS! There is no true originality, I figure. Everything's already been done before, and we can only do it... the same, but different. Not as blatant as cover songs, *mind* you... but closeenough.

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    Yep, and I'm looking forward to learning more about them, and their backstory... I hope.

I wish! But no, nothing that divine, esoteric, and/or preternatural. I've just consumed MASSIVE amounts of media over the yrs., in all its myriad of forms [far, FAR too much, probably], and have a fairly good memory retention. Which when combined, forms a *circuit*... to easily spot... PATTERNS! There is no true originality, I figure. Everything's already been done before, and we can only do it... the same, but different. Not as blatant as cover songs, *mind* you... but closeenough.
    I get exactly what you mean. Everything has indeed been done, it's all about how a writer can freshen things up in an interesting way. Ewing is knocking that out of the park.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Let's goooo!! Daddy Omega Magneto and his omega pacemaker have entered.

I'm relieved most of the Great Ring survived and though he died, Cable went out like a grade A champion with his Omega gun. Brand went out like a chump who just stood there.

Xilo is king and the Arakki are omega survivors. Ora maimed but alive, Lodus ready to fight, Lactuca out in space doing damage control.It was great to see the Brotherhood (including Miss Khora and Wrongslide), artists, and merchants fighting and some still surviving. [B}Much appreciation to Nova for providing cover for civilians to escape.[/B] I just hope Sobunar will be okay, which leads me to...

Isca can F@%! all the way off! I wasn't ready to hate on her until I read the issue but after brutally killing Idyll, dislocating Kurt's arm, and taking a chunk out of Sobunar? She's dead to me because did she really have to fight against her people like that or could she have just dipped out and let Uranos do his thing?

I want Ororo to wreck her into pieces just like OmegNeto is about to wreck the Armories.

Magneto in full Heat Miser form
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    This Issue was GOOD 10 10 10 10 10 ACROSS the Boards.

I mean we ALL KNEW Isca the Baldheaded Traitor was going to Turn. Are we surprised? No, and this is why i'm glad Storm is going to kick her Ass later for this treachery.

I love the Countdown that's pretty cool. Love to see the Arakki band together and fight off these Arsenals. I'm glad to see that Khora is a possible Member of the Brotherhood. And it was a Joy to see Nova holding it down(he's getting a Seat) IDK what ya'll say he is. Not sure why the Fisher King was just sitting at home the Entire War...kind of strange. I mean I know he is the Night seat, but still just sitting there while a Big battle is going is strange.

The GR Fight was Cool. I wish Magneto did more instead of throwing Spikey Metal at Uranos, but that's ok. Magneto was a G at the End. I call BULLSH** on Uranos being Immune to Ora's Powers, but whatever moving on. It's good to See Sobunar and Lacutca use their powers. I enjoyed seeing Abigail Brand biting the Dust :-) And Cable he's definitely coming back for revenge.

I LAUGHED so hard, seeing Legion showing up to save the day ONLY to get his ass whooped off Panel within 35min.
    Yeah but I wanted to see Dust biting Abigail Brand
    Last edited by ARkadelphia; 08-08-2022 at 10:01 PM.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Dislike this issue because it derail Ewing story, love this issue because he wrote the hell out of it. Gillien was right this is better than the main event because it adds the stakes and potential reprucussions for Earth and the eternals in particular across the galaxy while also potentially shoring up respect for the arraki that other worlds will come to respect them as they tried to help evacuate their diplomats that the eternals didn't care for or the humans of earth by extension so nice little plot drop there. Nova was the true MVP aside from Legion but i didn't see his fight but the fact that [b]Legion held Uranous off for over 20 minutes [\b]speaks volumes and i don't want to be but this made me super excited for the next issue of LOX. After seeing sobunar in the deep i was screaming "namor has to get in these waters!" lol. Storm didn't appear but that was more than okay i felt her in the air shimmering and i have to say for this to derail a story or what not it was actually one of the best written issues and a miracle given what it had to flesh out. Let's go HOUR OF MAGNETO!!!
    20 minutes? I think it was 20 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev View Post
    This is ridiculous. This implies that Uranos is a Phoenix power level being. And even then Legion could just blink him out of existence with his reality altering powers. Yet we all know that the Avengers are going to beat him without much problem. I call bullshit. This event is already done for me. Always the same with Marvel: the x-men sell the most books when they lose , so let’s have everyone always beat them no matter how powerfull the x-men are. Sigh …
    The only thing I found ridiculous was magneto surviving without a heart

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    This issue probably would have had more impact if we were 20 or so issues deep into the series. As it stands, people and areas are getting destroyed and we are obviously supposed to care, but a lot of these people and places were literally introduced in this issue or just a few ones from before, so the impact just isn't there for me. They're faceless individuals and unknown locations. Ewing was not given enough time to make me care. I appreciate how he tried to give it scale though.

And Uranos? There's nothing more cliche than a [b]newly introduced big bad [\b] that can stomp anyone cause he's the baddest of the bad. Ewing was dealt a bad hand and he tried to make the most of it, but it just didn't work for me. So 2 more issues before we get back to the regulary scheduled programming. Going to he a tough wait for me,
    Uranos has been around since 1973

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    did it though? it seems most are in consensus he was just a body. If i'm honest i've had to backspace several posts where i almost called him his better, Thanos.
    Thanos is NOT his better

No, he did not. He forgot to check his work. Bad Boy he get's an F-
    I’d say an F+

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    That was so bad. Magneto spoke in Brand's voice, [b]messing with Storm about the royalty thing. [\b] In X-men Red Magneto and Storm are a team, trust each other implicitly and Storm is leading. Ewing writes them both much better.
    I think magneto was being sincere

Yeah, i've noticed that. Ewing has a habit of increasing or making people pretty powerful. And then some other writer completely ignores it and then were back to Square 1 :-(
    Ewing was one of the 3 authors on the Avengers: No Road Home maxi series that actually WEAKENED Monica

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Ewing was one of the 3 authors on the Avengers: No Road Home maxi series that actually WEAKENED Monica
    Because it ended with her no longer being able to convert herself into living light/energy and being stuck with her flesh-and-blood form?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    The only thing I found ridiculous was magneto surviving without a heart
    I questioned that feat as well... I don't care how powerful Magneto is, he simply had no time much less the state of mind to do anything but die right there on the spot like Xorneto did when he got his head cut off. The idea that Erik whipped up a functional Jarvik-7, out of thin air, implanted in his chest cavity, all while suffering from an acute drop in blood pressure as if he's done it before sounds good but c'mon.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I questioned that feat as well... I don't care how powerful Magneto is, he simply had no time much less the state of mind to do anything but die right there on the spot like Xorneto did when he got his head cut off. The idea that Erik whipped up a functional Jarvik-7, out of thin air, implanted in his chest cavity, all while suffering from an acute drop in blood pressure as if he's done it before sounds good but c'mon.
    As that one character (I think it was the mercenary Zaeed that Commander Shepard could recruit) said in Mass Effect 2: "Rage . . . is a hell of an anesthetic."
    The spider is always on the hunt.