Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I haven't read the issue yet but I don't think she has a chose. Her mutant powers are very specific...she must always win, even if that means turning against her own people.
    The thing about Isca compared to how upset she was when she was made to turn against Tarn, she seem to have no problem when turning against her own people.

I wonder if she even sees the herself as Arakki after spending thousands of years fighting against them.

You could have made Uranozzzz a cinderblock with eyes and this book wouldn't have changed one bit. Still such an uinspiring way to write Isca's powers. Hated it since Swords.

Felt like I was reading a KiB tie-in.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    You could have made Uranozzzz a cinderblock with eyes and this book wouldn't have changed one bit.

Felt like I was reading a KiB tie-in.
    Well, Uranos is the less important one here. It is interesting how the other characters react to an unstoppable enemy. I for one did not expect Magneto being able to hold himself together out of raw will. Even when we know most Omegas seem to not be confined to their bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Well, Uranos is the less important one here. It is interesting how the other characters react to an unstoppable enemy. I for one did not expect Magneto being able to hold himself together out of raw will. Even when we know most Omegas seem to not be confined to their bodies.
    Sure maybe for some which is cool and all, but I on the other hand would rather see them fight interesting enemies not plot devices and stick figures.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    So on panel only Cable, Brand and Idyll died?

Wonder what will happen to the snake she (and her father before her) always carried around.
    Correct, along with a lot of unknown Arakki and whoever was on the Keep station.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I haven't read the issue yet but I don't think she has a chose. Her mutant powers are very specific...she must always win, even if that means turning against her own people.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    The thing about Isca compared to how upset she was when she was made to turn against Tarn, she seem to have no problem when turning against her own people.

I wonder if she even sees the herself as Arakki after spending thousands of years fighting against them.
    Agreed, it was the brutality she exhibited that annoyed me, not the switch. She has said that she should have returned to Amenth to fight with Genesis. She doesn't like this "era of peace".
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Well, this sounds both depressing...

and amazing, AF!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    ... Xilo is king...

So, in an attempt to add some levity, as a sign of improving mutant/human relations...
    I am GLAAD that Ororo, Mags, & co. have welcomed one Mr. Dick Rider w/open arms...
    and that he has proven himself to be more than worthy, of such an esteemed honor!!
    He seems to be successfully rehabilitating the Nova name, one good deed at a time. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    Well, this sounds both depressing...

and amazing, AF!!

So, in an attempt to add some levity, as a sign of improving mutant/human relations...
    I am GLAAD that Ororo, Mags, & co. have welcomed one Mr. Dick Rider w/open arms...
    and that he has proven himself to be more than worthy, of such an esteemed honor!!
    He seems to be successfully rehabilitating the Nova name, one good deed at a time. ��

Yeah Dick Rider was great here. I'm not familiar with the Kymellia but it seems the death of the 7 priests may lead to some drama down the road. That said, he definitely helped prevent a bigger intergalactic incident.

I also liked how though many believed the Great Ring was going to easily perish, they are mostly wounded. Gillen and Ewing with the head fake.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    But at least Cable made him bleed. I take great solace in that. And Nathan always learns from his mistakes.
    I have reread the issue once again. I am pretty sure this bit of showing that Uranos bleeds is as cliche as it sounds because guys like Iron Man, Black Bolt, Batman or Superman had the same treatment against a overused teambuster archetype . There is no issue with the writing itself but its being oversaturated. Even Al Ewing couldn't help but write him the way it always happens. Thats whats make me so much hateful about this ****. The guy was laughing at Cable after 3 minutes of blasting the hell out of one of most powerful guns.
    Last edited by Vishop; 08-03-2022 at 07:59 AM.

The real gag is that Lactuca is giving us BODY under that cloak.

Incredible Member

Wondering if this is a callback of sorts to Xmen The End where Magento become pure magnetic energy or something along those lines.

I'm excited to see what Fisher King does next.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Astonishing Member

Kudos to the writers trying to make the best out of Isca's "playground meta" powers, but it just makes me feel even more like she is overstaying her welcome.

Also i can't help but think that in around 6 or so years the best she can hope for appearance wise is going to be a joke defeat in a Squirrel Girl story via some Mr. Myxlplyx type of loophole trickery, since that's what her powers ultimately doom her to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yeah Dick Rider was great here. I'm not familiar with the Kymellia but it seems the death of the 7 priests may lead to some drama down the road. That said, he definitely helped prevent a bigger intergalactic incident.

I also liked how though many believed the Great Ring was going to easily perish, they are mostly wounded. Gillen and Ewing with the head fake.
    There is a reason why i advocated a wait and see approach to the Arraki after the first issue. Though the general population seems to have either got their Mutant Massacre here or a near Genosha.

Either way they got "worfed" to demonstrate Caelus powers. Which as others have mentioned is going to make it difficult for the writers to make his eventual defeat via some last minute trickery beliable.

OTOH: Isca previously got played by Roberto, demonstrating her power is not precognitive in nature. She doesn't switch sides because an outcome is fated. OTOH: Isca killed Idyll to presumably prevent the others from having an edge over Uranos? You might argue that her power is somewhat at the whims of fate. But Isca killing Idyll really punctuates: Isca is that bish - but did someone *cough* Brand * cough * know what was coming via Idyll and bet Isca against Arakko?

Questions that remain:
    - What's up with that prophecy? "Empty heart beats hardest" takes on a whole new meaning by the end.
    - What's up with Fisher King? One minute he's getting up from his stool... then...?
    - What's up w/Brand standing around and "avoiding resurrection"? Seems a strategic choice; like she knew the outcome.
    - What's up with the "Bio-Metallic slime" that "infected and consumed" some in the Morrowlands? Looks a lot like Phalanx / transmode virus.
    - What's up with Magneto? You can see clear through that whole!
    - How long til we get Uranos "redemption arc"? he's a nuclear bomb who is the hero of his own story; we just need to understand him better /s.
    Last edited by HomoSuperior; 08-03-2022 at 08:26 AM.

I'm curious who will replace Idyll's seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    There is a reason why i advocated a wait and see approach to the Arraki after the first issue. Though the general population seems to have either got their Mutant Massacre here or a near Genosha.

Either way they got "worfed" to demonstrate Caelus powers. Which as others have mentioned is going to make it difficult for the writers to make his eventual defeat via some last minute trickery beliable.
    Not Caelus. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    OTOH: Isca previously got played by Roberto, demonstrating her power is not precognitive in nature. She doesn't "switch sides" because an outcome is fated. OTOH: Isca killed Idyll to presumably prevent the others from having an edge over Uranos? You might argue that her power is somewhat at the whims of fate. But Isca killing Idyll really punctuates: Isca is that bish - but did someone *cough* Brand * cough * know what was coming via Idyll and bet Isca against Arakko?

Questions that remain:
    - What's up with that prophecy? "Empty heart beats hardest" takes on a whole new meaning by the end.
    - What's up with Fisher King? One minute he's getting up from his stool... then...?
    - What's up w/Brand standing around and "avoiding resurrection"? Seems a strategic choice; like she knew the outcome.
    - What's up with the "Bio-Metallic slime" that "infected and consumed" some in the Morrowlands? Looks a lot like Phalanx / transmode virus.
    - What's up with Magneto? You can see clear through that whole!
    - How long til we get Uranos "redemption arc"? he's a nuclear bomb who is the hero of his own story; we just need to understand him better /s.
    I'm very interested in what Fisher King was on about. "It's time." I honestly thought he somehow summoned Apocalypse and that'd be him on the last page.

I believe it was in SWORD that we learned Brand makes all those logs in case she gets killed and doesn't remember her own shady schemes.