Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    Well, this sounds both depressing...

and amazing, AF!!

So, in an attempt to add some levity, as a sign of improving mutant/human relations...
    I am GLAAD that Ororo, Mags, & co. have welcomed one Mr. Dick Rider w/open arms...
    and that he has proven himself to be more than worthy, of such an esteemed honor!!
    He seems to be successfully rehabilitating the Nova name, one good deed at a time. 👍

Ewing is in love with Nova and I cannot blame him; Rich is a god.

Incredible Member

Such a shame that the only place to get me some Nova is in an Ewing X-book. Really enjoy him holding the line, as that is just what he does.

The 1-hour time was a good framework for the issue. Seems like a new way of showing how strong Uranos is / how strong the mutants are.
    I'd argue that the 40 minutes left over after defeating the council seems like too much time, based on how overwhelming Uranos and his arsenal is.

The only one comment I have is we still know very little about Uranos' powerset aside from being hard to damage, having enough strength to break free from metal and TK, and the ability to teleport in weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
    Am still holding out hope that we might see Legion's battle in a later issue of Legion of X. After all Legion X number 4 is still wrapping up its storyline and had no tie into Judgement Day.
    In the recap page it says events of this issue are referenced in Legion of X #6. So I'm sure that battle of Uranos vs Legion is going to be shown there. Very excited for it, even though the timing will be totally off.

I find it extremely disappointing that Legion was disposed so quickly and so easily... and off-panel... from most powerful superhuman alive to 30 seconds jobber...

Also, are they ever going to explain the deal with Ora Serrata's power? Why can she erase gods, but Uranos is completely immune...?
    Last edited by Habis; 08-03-2022 at 10:07 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Ewing is in love with Nova and I cannot blame him; Rich is a god.
    Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Such a shame that the only place to get me some Nova is in an Ewing X-book. Really enjoy him holding the line, as that is just what he does. ...
    Obvs, Ewing & y'all just have... refined tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jv565 View Post
    I wonder if it's telling that we didn't see Legion die on panel.
    That's what I'm thinking. Something went on up there and I don't think it was a defeat in the way we may think. The narrator simply said "David Haller is gone" and Uranos said, "So much for that." Uranos followed him at 06:28 and returned at 06:56.

Nova should absolutely stick around.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    I mean it was kinda obvious that he wasn't going be killed(cough cough Xornito). As for Cable there is as much as narrative in this issue that suggest Uranus is weakened. On panel though he was laughing at 30th century's most powerful weapon.
    The bold is subjective, a lot of people on this site expected Magneto to die for shock value and get resurrected later by Wanda. Also I had no idea Xilo had the ability to resurrect people... I thought his power was plant/soil based. Also Uranos was bleeding after Cable shot him so idk what you mean... we're talking about a guy who is supposed to be Thanos level if not worse so making him bleed ain't nothing to sneeze at.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    I find it extremely disappointing that Legion was disposed so quickly and so easily... and off-panel... from most powerful superhuman alive to 30 seconds jobber...

Also, are they ever going to explain the deal with Ora Serrata's power? Why can se erase gods, but Uranos is completely immune...?
    I think Uranos is more like Odin-level, so Ora can erase minor gods, but probably couldnt do that to someone like Odin or Zeus.

Astonishing Member

May I just express my disappointment that everyone’s being mature and ignoring the low hanging fruit

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post

Also, are they ever going to explain the deal with Ora Serrata's power? Why can se erase gods, but Uranos is completely immune...?
    You will never get an explanation. That was purely for Plot.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    The bold is subjective, a lot of people on this site expected Magneto to die for shock value and get resurrected later by Wanda. Also I had no idea Xilo had the ability to resurrect people... I thought his power was plant/soil based. Also Uranos was bleeding after Cable shot him so idk what you mean... we're talking about a guy who is supposed to be Thanos level if not worse so making him bleed ain't nothing to sneeze at.
    Xilo cocooned Lodus Logos from being seen. I don’t think he has that power just based on what Xilo said.

BANNED

Cable's giant gun is cool but I would have preferred if Cable used the Psimitar or the Light of Gallador

Also, another interesting thing is that Cable (even with the T/O virus) was able to fight Uranos with his telekinesis and even Uranos made a remark about it

"Between the magnetism and telekinesis...you're actually fighting me. Impressive"

Astonishing Member

Considering the last proper fight Uranos had was against the other two Patriarch-class Eternals 600k years ago that’s impressive

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    I will say this outright. I hate the overuse of that archetype to creates all the Darkseids that has happened over the years. I hope this character doesn't appears at all after this.
    I do not think those archetype had been used al, that much. Destructive overpowered (at first) villains? My dude tha ti's the bread and butter of fiction. Be it dragons, evil sith or uberpowerful spade gods, it has been a staple as much as the heroes getting their ass kicked by the clubber language of the day only to get their groove back and punching back. I mean what's wrong with that ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Xilo cocooned Lodus Logos from being seen. I don’t think he has that power just based on what Xilo said.
    That's what I thought, which is why I was shook to see my boy still alive at the end.