Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    That's what I thought, which is why I was shook to see my boy still alive at the end.
    But it does beg the question. How the hell did Uranos NOT see that. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Sure maybe for some which is cool and all, but I on the other hand would rather see them fight interesting enemies not plot devices and stick figures.
    We still do not know if this uranos will stick around or not. I suspect that Druig will eventually lose control of him forcing an alliance between factions to stop the genocidal assholes<cue to scen where someone say "who agree to get Druig ass kicked to titan and back for all this mess raise the hand"> hellion probably

I wanted to hug Xilo the way he politely apologized to Lodus. Lodus was gracious in his response too. Poor thing was just a small bundle of twizzlers but he was still kicking.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    But it does beg the question. How the hell did Uranos NOT see that. Lol
    Lol I always assumed the colors used for people like Magneto and Jean's powers were just to let the reader see that their doing something. I don't think Magneto's magnetism is actually visible...

BANNED

The bold is subjective, a lot of people on this site expected Magneto to die for shock value and get resurrected later by Wanda. Also I had no idea Xilo had the ability to resurrect people... I thought his power was plant/soil based. Also Uranos was bleeding after Cable shot him so idk what you mean... we're talking about a guy who is supposed to be Thanos level if not worse so making him bleed ain't nothing to sneeze at.
    When Magneto died during New X-Men everyone thought he is dead until Xornito took place and messed the whole thing. He still came back during Excalbur because thats how Genosha was genocided. Similar to Arakko. I was always getting the vibe that he will be back. I still don't know whether its Wanda that bought Mags back during that time but I thought he staged his own death. So I will just agree to disagree on this one.

As for Cable fighting Uranos, he didn't felt injured, he only bleeded and he smiled almost as if he is having fun with his toys. Same way Iron Man or Superman bleeded Thanos or Darkseid. Thats what I was saying about this teambuster archetype. Its always the same things that happen to these characters and its oversaturated. There is nothing new about this issue. I for one actually wanted to see equal powerhouses. I was pretty sure Haller is going to be curbstopmed because there is no real opportunity to see a rebelling fight when you are writing this archetype. I mean they all got stomped within 15 minutes.
    Last edited by Vishop; 08-03-2022 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Such a shame that the only place to get me some Nova is in an Ewing X-book. Really enjoy him holding the line, as that is just what he does.

The 1-hour time was a good framework for the issue. Seems like a new way of showing how strong Uranos is / how strong the mutants are.
    I'd argue that the 40 minutes left over after defeating the council seems like too much time, based on how overwhelming Uranos and his arsenal is.

The only one comment I have is we still know very little about Uranos' powerset aside from being hard to damage, having enough strength to break free from metal and TK, and the ability to teleport in weapons.
    You know basing on similar named character from other franchise, I think in general uranous named character have spatial warping powers, very powerful ones

Haha, “Uranos”.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Lol I always assumed the colors used for people like Magneto and Jean's powers were just to let the reader see that their doing something. I don't think Magneto's magnetism is actually visible...
    No, I meant how come Uranos didn't see that Xilo hide Lodus. I mean that was a pretty noticeable Purple Cocoon to not see it. Maybe Uranos went blind and didn't notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Haha, “Uranos”.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSWs...=NapalmRecords

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    When Magneto died during New X-Men everyone thought he is dead until Xornito took place and messed the whole thing. He still came back during Excalbur because thats how Genosha was genocided. Similar to Arakko. I was always getting the vibe that he will be back. I still don't know whether its Wanda that bought Mags back during that time but I thought he staged his own death. So I will just agree to disagree on this one.

As for Cable fighting Uranos, he didn't felt injured, he only bleeded and he smiled almost as if he is having fun with his toys. Same way Iron Man or Superman bleeded Thanos or Darkseid. Thats what I was saying about this teambuster archetype. Its always the same things that happen to these characters and its oversaturated. There is nothing new about this issue. I for one actually wanted to see equal powerhouses. I was pretty sure Haller is going to be curbstopmed because there is no real opportunity to see a rebelling fight when you are writing this archetype. I mean they all got stomped within 15 minutes.
    I agree with most of what you said... I guess my expectations weren't as high so I'm not as disappointed. I expected everyone who faced Uranos to die, I expected jobbing and PIS as usual. I was pleasantly surprised to see the majority of the great ring survive. People were saying this was gonna be the end of Arakko and the return to the status quo and all types of doom and gloom when in reality only a few noteworthy people actually died.
    Last edited by The Regent; 08-03-2022 at 10:39 AM.

Dislike this issue because it derail Ewing story, love this issue because he wrote the hell out of it. Gillien was right this is better than the main event because it adds the stakes and potential reprucussions for Earth and the eternals in particular across the galaxy while also potentially shoring up respect for the arraki that other worlds will come to respect them as they tried to help evacuate their diplomats that the eternals didn't care for or the humans of earth by extension so nice little plot drop there. Nova was the true MVP aside from Legion but i didn't see his fight but the fact that Legion held Uranous off for over 20 minutes speaks volumes and i don't want to be but this made me super excited for the next issue of LOX. After seeing sobunar in the deep i was screaming "namor has to get in these waters!" lol. Storm didn't appear but that was more than okay i felt her in the air shimmering and i have to say for this to derail a story or what not it was actually one of the best written issues and a miracle given what it had to flesh out. Let's go HOUR OF MAGNETO!!!
    Last edited by jwatson; 08-03-2022 at 10:54 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

I agree with most of what you said... I guess my expectations weren't as high so I'm not as disappointed. I expected everyone who faced Uranos to die, I expected jobbing and PIS as usual. I was pleasantly surprised to see the majority of the great ring survive. People were saying this was gonna be the end of Arakko and the return to the status quo and all types of doom and gloom when in reality only a few noteworthy people actually died.
    The showing of a teambuster of a similar archetype is what made feel me bad about this issue. Or in other words the direction felt all the same. It happens very rarely when a team buster gets his a$% kicked for once even if he defeats them. I hoped this time the story would be different. Sure maybe later on we will be see someone defeating him but i guess it would not be much noteworthy anyway if Druig doesn't changes his mind. The execution was fine though.
    Last edited by Vishop; 08-03-2022 at 10:55 AM.

All-New Member

Oh my oh my! This book was so dope. So this panel gave me chills. Does anyone else expect to see some wildness fromt he fisher king? I havent been this excited for an event/book in such a long time. Kudos to al ewing and everyone involved with this story. AMAZING WORK!
    Ypay9Qn.jpg

So what exactly was Magneto doing to himself? Was it like a force field to keep his blood from spewing out? But then how did he survive the initial attack since it looked like his heart got destroyed from the hit.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Spectacular Member

This is ridiculous. This implies that Uranos is a Phoenix power level being. And even then Legion could just blink him out of existence with his reality altering powers. Yet we all know that the Avengers are going to beat him without much problem. I call bullshit. This event is already done for me. Always the same with Marvel: the x-men sell the most books when they lose , so let’s have everyone always beat them no matter how powerfull the x-men are. Sigh …