Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

I was worried that the attack would lead to much of the Great Ring being killed, so they could be replaced with older characters. They're interesting characters and I'd have hated to see them taken off the board just so Krakoans could take their spots. But I'm glad the majority survived. It only seems like Idyll died, and I'm not too fussed about that. As long as Sobunar is good, I'm good.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    So what exactly was Magneto doing to himself? Was it like a force field to keep his blood from spewing out? But then how did he survive the initial attack since it looked like his heart got destroyed from the hit.
    The heart is a vessel and blood as iron in it so i assumed he was holding his heart together and pumping blood to it. someone get the man a healer. I hope the hour of magneto isn't his last hour but if he shows out spectacularly i can forgive it but Mag's isn't done yet. He's not done yet! oh let me go 5 star this biatch.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    No, I meant how come Uranos didn't see that Xilo hide Lodus. I mean that was a pretty noticeable Purple Cocoon to not see it. Maybe Uranos went blind and didn't notice.
    I think he was hidden under a bunch of bones, rib cages and what not. I loved the "Loduszz, wake up!"

Shout out to Kobak Never-Held and the gun shop owner who wouldn't sell to Kitty because she's an earther.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    The heart is a vessel and blood as iron in it so i assumed he was holding his heart together and pumping blood to it. someone get the man a healer. I hope the hour of magneto isn't his last hour but if he shows out spectacularly i can forgive it but Mag's isn't done yet. He's not done yet! oh let me go 5 star this biatch.
    I mean you know I have complete and utter faith in Ewing and his craft. I was just really stumped by how Mags was keeping it all 'contained'.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I mean you know I have complete and utter faith in Ewing and his craft. I was just really stumped by how Mags was keeping it all 'contained'.
    lol oh i know we all have faith in ewing. lol. it's actually amazing to see a writer so many have actual faith in that has shown his craft time and again. lol. sorry if it came off matter of fact it was two thoughts mixed in. how i think he did it and then i remembered i need to go add the stars. lol.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dev View Post
    This is ridiculous. This implies that Uranos is a Phoenix power level being. And even then Legion could just blink him out of existence with his reality altering powers. Yet we all know that the Avengers are going to beat him without much problem. I call bullshit. This event is already done for me. Always the same with Marvel: the x-men sell the most books when they lose , so let’s have everyone always beat them no matter how powerfull the x-men are. Sigh …
    I didn't know Haller is that powerful. I thought he was mixed into one of his weaker personas.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I think he was hidden under a bunch of bones, rib cages and what not. I loved the "Loduszz, wake up!"

Shout out to Kobak Never-Held and the gun shop owner who wouldn't sell to Kitty because she's an earther.

Yupp. I was delightfully surprised to see them holding their own.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    I didn't know Haller is that powerful. I thought he was mixed into one of his weaker personas.
    Legion blinked hundreds of elder gods like it was nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    When Magneto died during New X-Men everyone thought he is dead until Xornito took place and messed the whole thing. He still came back during Excalbur because thats how Genosha was genocided. Similar to Arakko. I was always getting the vibe that he will be back. I still don't know whether its Wanda that bought Mags back during that time but I thought he staged his own death. So I will just agree to disagree on this one.

As for Cable fighting Uranos, he didn't felt injured, he only bleeded and he smiled almost as if he is having fun with his toys. Same way Iron Man or Superman bleeded Thanos or Darkseid. Thats what I was saying about this teambuster archetype. Its always the same things that happen to these characters and its oversaturated. There is nothing new about this issue. I for one actually wanted to see equal powerhouses. I was pretty sure Haller is going to be curbstopmed because there is no real opportunity to see a rebelling fight when you are writing this archetype. I mean they all got stomped within 15 minutes.
    That's what I was expecting as well, something along the lines of powerhouses facing off with one another. I was expecting this 22 page knockdown, drag out match with Magneto and Cable pulling out all the stops against Uranos. I was expecting Uranos to casually walk the surface of Arrako and slaughter people left and right. I felt things where clipped short. Magneto's end was clipped short. Definitely Legion vs. Uranos was clipped short. (We didn't even get to see it).

However, I always look at the positive. Those shimmering air attacks? Reminds me of how Thanos would devastate a planet. Uranos ripping out Magneto's heart only to have Magneto will himself alive, that's a testament to Magneto. Cable's BFG was impressive and I was pleasantly surprised to see Nova.

So the issue wasn't what I expected. But it was still good.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dev View Post
    This is ridiculous. This implies that Uranos is a Phoenix power level being. And even then Legion could just blink him out of existence with his reality altering powers. Yet we all know that the Avengers are going to beat him without much problem. I call bullshit. This event is already done for me. Always the same with Marvel: the x-men sell the most books when they lose , so let’s have everyone always beat them no matter how powerfull the x-men are. Sigh …
    Sorry, but as a sky-father level Eternal, I doubt its as simple as a mutant reality warper wiping him out of existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yupp. I was delightfully surprised to see them holding their own.
    Same here i loved how he showed so many parts of Arraki, even in destruction Ewing cataloged what needed to be repaired and gave some actual credibility to Arrako and the planet. It was also great having Nova there, i'm sounding like a broken record but i was just so pleasantly surprised at how he jumped in and got to work. And Cable's BFG, i was like "Eat that DOOM (the game)!!!" lol

My fave scenes. Caselli and the colorist were simply amazing too. Best drawn issue hands down.

areasofarrako.jpg
    BFGcable.jpg
    novarocks.jpg
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Sorry, but as a sky-father level Eternal, I doubt its as simple as a mutant reality warper wiping him out of existence.
    And yet they are able to warp him into a prison.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    Legion blinked hundreds of elder gods like it was nothing.
    That sounds ridiculous. I can see why Celestials, Eternals and humans fear mutants when I hear stuff like that. Storm overpowering the Trion gods in their own dimension and defeating a demon lord, Jean knocking Galactus, Thor and a demon lord on their asses WITHOUT the chicken, Wanda erasing people across the multiverse with an utterance and making an afterlife for all mutants across time, Onslaught, Nate Grey and until recently Franklin Richards who made Galactus his herald, Proteus, Jamie Braddock and of course Legion. Then you have people like Hope who can take and perfect those powers. With that kind of power they as a species could be a threat to any and everybody.
    Last edited by The Regent; 08-03-2022 at 11:51 AM.

BANNED

This should be noted that a sky father level character is only above teambusters. Like Galactus. As for reality manipulation, they are nigh omnipotent.

https://powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki/Reality_Warping
    Last edited by Vishop; 08-03-2022 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MkDiz View Post
    Cable's giant gun is cool but I would have preferred if Cable used the Psimitar or the Light of Gallador

Also, another interesting thing is that Cable (even with the T/O virus) was able to fight Uranos with his telekinesis and even Uranos made a remark about it

"Between the magnetism and telekinesis...you're actually fighting me. Impressive"
    Agreed. Sometimes I miss the 90s artists' penchant for "getting physical" with regards to action scenes. For example, they'd have had Cable throwing a punch with some telekinetic force behind it. Uranos would've laughed it off, of course, but it would've been a cool splash panel. Hell, in the 90s they even had Magneto throwing punches with magnetic force behind them. He threw some at Cable during Fatal Attractions when they fought, right before he ripped him in half! That was cool ****.

I'd have loved to have seen a scene with Nathan leaping forward and stabbing Uranos in the heart with his psimitar, understanding that the more powerful elder Eternal would've just pulled it out and shrugged it off before killing him. But that still would've been cool as f@#$ for me personally as a Cable fan. Sounds like you'd have enjoyed that too, MkDiz.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”