Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    i don't get how it's a companion. This issue never even mentions arrako and xmen red never mentions whats happening on krakoa. They aren't connected like at all this week.
    Just by virtue of the fact that they are both tied into Judgment Day, they are companion issues. However, I think they complement each other really well. I read X-Men Red first, and its high tension and somewhat frenetic energy prefaced Immortal X-Men's eerily quiet and distilled atmosphere quite beautifully. Also, Magneto being featured in both was a nice parallel.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Just by virtue of the fact that they are both tied into Judgment Day, they are companion issues. However, I think they complement each other really well. I read X-Men Red first, and its high tension and somewhat frenetic energy prefaced Immortal X-Men's eerily quiet and distilled atmosphere quite beautifully. Also, Magneto being featured in both was a nice parallel.
    Oh okay perhaps i was thinking too literally because reading lox i could see how someone would make the connection but with Red or immortal if you bought them and didn't know of the other you wouldn't miss a thing and it didn't change a thing. But i get what you mean now.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I enjoyed the issue just hope if they Uni Mind comes back we get to see more of this Telepathic Strike Force

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I have a feeling it will dawn on Exodus that he is both his own messiah and most faithful follower.
    An interesting notion, considering the conversation that Nightcrawler had with a god over in today's issue of Legion of X.

Honestly, the triumvirate of Immortal X-Men, X-Men: Red, and Legion of X is unspeakably engaging and entertaining. I love where these books are taking our merry mutants.

-Pav, who has grown to really like Exodus...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

I was so hyped about this and yet overdelivered!

This isn't a book about pew pew battles, it's the themes and character arcs!! Like watching Nolan's Batman.

The "psychic battle" was so simple yet meaningful, I couldn't stop smiling the whole issue and the last panel is wonderful (not to mention the one when it passes from reality to astral and Exodus clothes changes!!)

As always I enjoyed Gillen's Hope, but also very surprised to see such a badass Emma.

"I have a sweary messiah" lol
    Last edited by Antarctic; 08-03-2022 at 01:35 PM.

Also not sure why people think Exodus shouldn't have been able to wipe the floor with Sersi that scene is just taken from the Black Knight one shot 20 years ago

on an aside and to add some levity. i did get a good laugh on this one imagining the phoneix going. "pooooooooooooooopeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeee !"

popeyes.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Hope is appearing as a Phoenix Sword. Sets up things to come

I really disliked this issue. I’m a big Exodus fan and placing Hope as his new messiah he follows feels like a regression. He’s already said that he no longer wanted to follow anyone and wanted to make his own decisions. Now with hope, he’ll have to come to that revelation all over again (hopefully). I really thought with Krakoa, Exodus would continue moving forward and maybe finally join the present and develop more relationships with the other mutants. Now, he’s just a mutant zealot again but with the religious part emphasized even though he left the crusaders. Rather he’s just used for superpower feats than this.

I thought this was okay. I was expecting more of a battle issue than a back story on Exodus but even though the issue wasn’t what I thought it was going to be it was mostly enjoyable. Xavier playing defense solo is an underrated feat imho and I think he should get more clout than we’ve been giving him in this issue. This did get me even more hyped to see the Hex battles though.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Feat wise it's hard to give Xavier respect I guess because he is being amped by wearing the Cerebro helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Also not sure why people think Exodus shouldn't have been able to wipe the floor with Sersi that scene is just taken from the Black Knight one shot 20 years ago
    Probably because it IS a bit ridiculous to have a character with literally newly awakened power curb stomp someone with Sersi's experience and strength. I can buy him being way stronger than her, but he literally had zero experience at the time. Even back then when I first read it I thought that was silly.
    Last edited by Saturius; 08-03-2022 at 03:00 PM.

Astonishing Member

I'm also a Catholic and feel a bit uncomfortable at Exodus refering to Jesus in that way. But I think the idea is painting Exodus as similar to the crazy heretical sects of the past that had ideas very different from Orthodox-Catholic Christianity, like Marcionites or Ebionites

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Feat wise it's hard to give Xavier respect I guess because he is being amped by wearing the Cerebro helmet.

Probably because it IS a bit ridiculous to have a character with literally newly awakened power curb stomp someone with Sersi's experience and strength. I can buy him being way stronger than her, but he literally had zero experience at the time. Even back then when I first read it I thought that was silly.
    Hes just that powerful. He curbstomped Thena too. This was when they both had telepathy. Sersi was called a low level psychic in Judgement Day which was surprising

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I thought this was okay. I was expecting more of a battle issue than a back story on Exodus but even though the issue wasn’t what I thought it was going to be it was mostly enjoyable. Xavier playing defense solo is an underrated feat imho and I think he should get more clout than we’ve been giving him in this issue. This did get me even more hyped to see the Hex battles though.
    I alluded to it. But i figured it would turn into something else. It's not loss on me that this event was planned or hinted at for sometime and both omega telepaths are shoved off the table at least for the unimind attack. And then my mind starts connecting all the little moments and shifts in stuff that almost seem to fit perfectly into making some of these scenes almost work. But hey, if a unimind attack isn't the perfect time to show omega tp maybe something bigger is coming up.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Was very disappointed. Was hoping to see Exodus cut loose and display a wonderful TP battle, but I guess not. Oh well….
    Are you kidding we've seen him fight this was about understanding him as a character and really understanding where his faith comes from.

His behavior and need to find meaning in his life through faith is something larger then himself is definitely a product of his time. I loved this issue so much cause is really shows how far the mind will go to truly believe what it wants to believe