Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    Imagine the awkwardness when Exodus meets up with Echo.
    also: why is Hope a Phoenix sword? Does she share Phoenix with Echo?
    Even without being the Phoenix host, wasn't hope created by the Phoenix?

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    That's what's been implied. As White Phoenix, Jean told Emma of Phoenix's return and later, in AvX #12, convinced Scott to release the fragments of the Phoenix he possessed so that Hope could manifest the Phoenix Force.

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    The scenes is as stated my Exodus, interpreting the psychic battles in terms that he can understand.

He's manifesting Emma as a shield because she is protective, he is manifesting his faith in hope as a Phoenix sword because of her link to Phoenix, he manifesting the enemy as a dragon, because he is a knight and they fight dragons.

It's like changing everything to fit your narrative (like how he interprets the story of Egyptians and Israelite to humans and mutants, he's kind of crazy).

So pretty much exactly what we or i shouid say i expected. I would be more suprised if he wrote an actual balanced council member. Hope will kill anyone even if during a resurrection, Exodus will hold them down and wait, Sinister has a supply of Moira's to revert time. I'm expecting the shaw issue to be finding out he spends most of his time stalking Lourdes and building krakoan strip clubs. Theres just no balance in the book. lol. It reads like a council hit job rather than an exploration.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    THIS is the MOST PRETENTIOUS but X Lives and X deaths of Wolverine was not?

This issue was perfect, It move me to tears and I am an atheist, I was already an Exodus fan, now I am a stan.
    Yes. It was the most pretentious to me. I have not read X lives or deaths of wolverine and still have no want or will to. So i can't really say if it's super pretentious or not. What specifically brought you to tears about this issue? For me it was a long recap.

I mean even the recap makes no sense. Hope's ascension to the council created quite a stir among the council. Really? When? what was the stir. The fans had more of a stir at her killing a mentally infant selene along with exodus then her joining the council which basically she was just placed on because she does resurrections. But then this issue is the second time she gets sent away from the council because what she does is so precious. So why is she even on the council if all one will do is keep telling Sansa, uh Hope, to go be safe somewhere. False importance.

*ok well i guess i'll move my response from the preview thread here. it wasn't closed so not sure if we are suppose to be responding there or not.*
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Does anybody has a scan of Exodus uses Emma's and Hope's powers as weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Yes. It was the most pretentious to me. I have not read X lives or deaths of wolverine and still have no want or will to. So i can't really say if it's super pretentious or not. What specifically brought you to tears about this issue? For me it was a long recap.

I mean even the recap makes no sense. Hope's ascension to the council created quite a stir among the council. Really? When? what was the stir. The fans had more of a stir at her killing a mentally infant selene along with exodus then her joining the council which basically she was just placed on because she does resurrections. But then this issue is the second time she gets sent away from the council because what she does is so precious. So why is she even on the council if all one will do is keep telling Sansa, uh Hope, to go be safe somewhere. False importance.

*ok well i guess i'll move my response from the preview thread here. it wasn't closed so not sure if we are suppose to be responding there or not.*
    (1) Hope re-sparked the mutant gene after M-Day.

(2) She is now the central leader of the Five resurrecting mutantkind day by day.

I would say she is indeed the central most important mutant in history at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    (1) Hope re-sparked the mutant gene after M-Day.

(2) She is now the central leader of the Five resurrecting mutantkind day by day.

I would say she is indeed the central most important mutant in history at this point.
    And even with all Jean's left overs including a seat on the council it still doesn't make sense why she was there. Aside from resurrections there is nothing exclusively hope And even withh them nothing she offers to the council. Even here she has not actually offered anything. I mean I like hope too but let's be honest. She is here because given created her or defined her and that's it so far. Then to top it off she slowing down resurrections with these council meetings she gets sent away from anyway.
    Last edited by jwatson; 08-04-2022 at 04:48 AM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    (...)It's like changing everything to fit your narrative (like how he interprets the story of Egyptians and Israelite to humans and mutants, he's kind of crazy).
    Considering how culture, including religion, tends to change, be absorbed or adjust over time as environments, groups, political climate, etc. changes, it's rather fitting that a person who's super powers seem to be based on belief (both his own and external belief in him) would have a rather well developed ability to adjust his faith so easily and readily.

If someone would convince and proof to him (fake or real) that he had been an Eternal with an X-gene the whole time, you could bet he would quickly try to re-adjust his world view and interpretation of historical religios figures to suit that new narrative.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    And even with all Jean's left overs including a seat on the council it still doesn't make sense why she was there. Aside from resurrections there is nothing exclusively hope And even withh them nothing she offers to the council. Even here she has not actually offered anything. I mean I like hope too but let's be honest. She is here because given created her or defined her and that's it so far. Then to top it off she slowing down resurrections with these council meetings she gets sent away from anyway.
    Did you even read #1? Exodus snitched so Hope said she wants to be on the council so she knows that they aren't doing anything behind The Five's back.
    And what's the problem? Storm is on two councils and Emma is supposed to busy trafficking drugs.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Does anybody has a scan of Exodus uses Emma's and Hope's powers as weapons?
    I got you.

They didn't really show him using them though, the fight with the Uni-Mind was in a data page. That's the only reason why I wanted to see some of the actual battle, because of this cool setup with his weapons and the Uni-Mind taking the form of a dragon.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    They didn't really show him using them though, the fight with the Uni-Mind was in a data page. That's the only reason why I wanted to see some of the actual battle, because of this cool setup with his weapons and the Uni-Mind taking the form of a dragon.
    "So Hope and Emma turn into Exodus' sword and shield and he fights the Uni-Mind which is a giant YuGiOh dragon"

"I ain't drawing all that"

"Fine. Uh... We'll make it one of those Hickman data pages everyone skips"
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I got you.

That's pretty amazing! Thanks a lot, dear!

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    "So Hope and Emma turn into Exodus' sword and shield and he fights the Uni-Mind which is a giant YuGiOh dragon"

BAHAHAHA this actually took me out

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

LOL that's good.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!