Default Spiderman 2099 exodus. X-related spoilers

Sooo. for those who dont know Spidey 2099 is tossing a event when "Classic Evil Normie" go to the future to mess things up with some eden thing.

Quick Summary.

Old Normie travels to the future try to bring "Dark Reign" kill some Vengers, Some XMen yadayadayada and get some weird black credit card that make him unjailable.

Why? because future kinda sucks..

Well back to the topic Spidey 2099 go into a aventure where he met "Old Widow Yelena" who draws him closer to a mutant needed to find some mutants

*ROLLS XMEN 2099'S THEME*

Who they are ?

OMEGA ROGUE (Kidding she just Rogue or Legacy) Current powers (everyone who the plots need a perfect dream for every Rogue fan) (Current knows powers: Emma´s Cortez Magneto Doop Vougth etc)
    Bloodhawk (2099 original)
    Tulkas
    Kid Young Adult Cable
    Cyclops
    NorthStar
    Cerebra
    Phoenix
    Krystalin
    SKullfire
    and
    Deadpool

So they lead the x nation they came after this "garden" and discover than the old landlord (a.k.a Doom 2099) build that garden with mutants organs (ew) between those nate grey's eye ball.

So when they start installing in the land a atack of Cabal sentinels happen. cut to Cyclops 2099 who literaly unleash his eyeball and kill the Cabal sentinel (Also Phoenix is a jerk here) near the end Spidey 2099 and his mutant friend come and tell Captain Rogue 2099 and his Xmen that Osborn is coming.

ROGUIUS SCORE: 100/10
    Real score: 8/10

I would read a spin-off with these guys tbh. Tulkas and Cyclops were my favorite characters here.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I would read a spin-off with these guys tbh. Tulkas and Cyclops were my favorite characters here.
    Rogue 2099 and the Xmen 2099

has a ring!

Of course with his sister title Captain Rogue 92´s and the marauders 92´s

Not a bad issue. Not too familiar with 2099 characters, but of the few I was able to recognize, it was fun seeing their interactions. Wasn't expecting that teased Cable romance, it was actually really sweet and I kinda like it better than any he's had in regular continuity.

The highlight for me of course was Rogue. She was awesome in this issue, I loved seeing her use a wide range of powers and tap into various X-Men's abilities. I'm still kinda confused whether this is an immortal Rogue or a descendant, she talks like she might know some of the people she is pulling powers from but she also lacks Rogue's green eyes which might be a hint. So.. IDK lol.

Skullfire finally got called Skullfire!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member

Man, I missed these characters. And I'm loving the hell out of the new ones. The 2099 Northstar is adorable, and Tulkas seems like a lot of fun. Very interesting twist on the 2099 Cyclops who Orlando gave his own eye/vision themed angst and fears but for completely different reasons than Scott's dangerous without his glasses. And I really love the idea of a character who goes by Phoenix but not because of the Phoenix Force, but because its a perfectly reasonable codename for someone who heals herself via fire, lmao.

It was great seeing Krystalin again though I hope Meanstreak shows up for the grand finale battle royale....they've always been one of my favorite duos in superhero comics, their dynamic and friendship is fantastic. And after what happened to Shakti here, and Cable popping her to another point in the timeline to try and get her help....I'm betting that she is in fact the 2099 character who'll be making an appearance in an upcoming Marauders issue, and will meet the crew there.

Tbh, I've been enjoying the whole miniseries, not just this issue, and Orlando's done some really great world-building along the way. I really hope there ends up being more 2099 stuff from him after this is done, but either way, I'm looking forward to the big finish next issue. And crossing fingers for some last minute appearances by Meanstreak, La Lunatica and maybe a couple of the X-Nation kids like December.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Not a bad issue. Not too familiar with 2099 characters, but of the few I was able to recognize, it was fun seeing their interactions. Wasn't expecting that teased Cable romance, it was actually really sweet and I kinda like it better than any he's had in regular continuity.

The highlight for me of course was Rogue. She was awesome in this issue, I loved seeing her use a wide range of powers and tap into various X-Men's abilities. I'm still kinda confused whether this is an immortal Rogue or a descendant, she talks like she might know some of the people she is pulling powers from but she also lacks Rogue's green eyes which might be a hint. So.. IDK lol.
    Chrono is very obvious that she is our Rogue, that is why they call her living legacy, besides it is impossible that if she is a descendant she would absorb MAGNETO Emma and Doop who should already be dead, and also if she has green eyes she is Rogue, Chrono throws a look again because if she has emerald eyes hehe, also as I said this is not all the versions of the future that we have seen of Rogue she looks young, with her powers already evolved and that she stopped aging.

I loved the theme 10/10 thanks DarkMagnus.
    Rogue once demonstrates why she is the most capable power mimic, and how to rechannel/remember powers without aging or dying in the process lol.

I really liked that Rogue (AGAIN) is shown to be immortal in the future and the only one of the current x-men to be alive decades later (and hundreds of years in the future too) along with Analgama and Rogue from that very distant future that was seen in an Avenger book, Rogue has two sources of power to justify that immortality, her power to constantly steal life energy, and the ionic powers she also possesses.

I also liked that they show once again that the evolution of her powers is to rechannel/summon powers absorbed in the past.
    Last edited by Sylarmax; 08-04-2022 at 04:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Chrono is very obvious that she is our Rogue, that is why they call her living legacy, besides it is impossible that if she is a descendant she would absorb MAGNETO Emma and Doop who should already be dead, and also if she has green eyes she is Rogue, Chrono throws a look again because if she has emerald eyes hehe, also as I said this is not all the versions of the future that we have seen of Rogue she looks young, with her powers already evolved and that she stopped aging.

Rogue once demonstrates why she is the most capable power mimic, and how to rechannel/remember powers without aging or dying in the process lol.

I really liked that Rogue (AGAIN) is shown to be immortal in the future and the only one of the current x-men to be alive decades later (and hundreds of years in the future too) along with Analgama and Rogue from that very distant future that was seen in an Avenger book, Rogue has two sources of power to justify that immortality, her power to constantly steal life energy, and the ionic powers she also possesses.

I also liked that they show once again that the evolution of her powers is to rechannel/summon powers absorbed in the past.
    I really need to catch up on this series. I enjoyed the first few issues.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I have the theory that the PHOENIX of that time and that group could be a descendant of Ororo, we'll see.
    You still have to enjoy this group for as long as you have, since this series obviously the arachnid changes in interaction with other heroes, now it's with the mutants, but I don't think it will last more than two or three more issues, I hope I'm wrong and several more issues with these xmen, because I loved this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post

Hmm her eyes are inconsistent, as they definitely appear dark in some shots.

Anyway as far as meeting those people, she might have met them while very young, 2099 isn't that far in the future with our sliding time scale (if it really is supposed to be set in 2099).

Sigh I have found all of these 2099 issues more or less underwhelming. The art is usually great but it just doesn’t move me or excite me. It’s like walking in a museum for me. Here we have this exhibit and now on to the next. Don’t get me wrong I love museums but this just feels so shallow.

X-men 2099 where a lot of fun. So why remove the fun ones from this team? Meanstreak was one of the more fleshed out and he and Krys was fun. Now we have Krys and Deadpool(sigh I guess it sells).
    Tim could be a bit to much but he was often paired with La Lunatica and now she isn’t here.
    Shakti in a wheelchair…. Sigh again. No Xian either but perhaps he was killed off in the ending of 2099. My memory is fuzzy on his faith.
    Bloodhawk was always more interesting as an idea then he ever was as a character. Eddie I can do without, his story was more or less told.

I have so many fond memories of the 2099 imprint but these pick and choose stories just makes me irritated. I would like to say that they are better then the reboot we got a couple of years ago but even if they are better it’s just barely.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Hmm her eyes are inconsistent, as they definitely appear dark in some shots.

Anyway as far as meeting those people, she might have met them while very young, 2099 isn't that far in the future with our sliding time scale (if it really is supposed to be set in 2099).
    It could be a question of the colorist, I think that detail was applied to all the characters, but when he really did a close-up, his green eyes were seen, just like how he speaks, it becomes quite evident to me that he is our Rogue.
    We'll see anyway.

The immortality thing does not seem strange to me, they only took facts that are already canon, remember there are two versions of Rogue in the future (both are the future of Rogue 616) where Rogue is still young and alive as the only survivor of the xmen , there's the Rogue who was with the Avengers, who was about three centuries in the future, and had the flying brick powers and rechanneling powers, and an older version of that is Amalgam, who comes from an even further future. , and both are older than this version of 2099.

Although they all share the characteristic of looking still young, in control of their powers and her fully developed ability, and as the only survivor of the current xmen.

THIS WRITER IS A TRUE FAN OF ROGUE, GIVE HIM A BOOK OF THE CURRENT CONTINUITY, AND GIVE OUR GIRL FOR COURSE.
    hehehehehe

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Man, I missed these characters. And I'm loving the hell out of the new ones. The 2099 Northstar is adorable, and Tulkas seems like a lot of fun. Very interesting twist on the 2099 Cyclops who Orlando gave his own eye/vision themed angst and fears but for completely different reasons than Scott's dangerous without his glasses. And I really love the idea of a character who goes by Phoenix but not because of the Phoenix Force, but because its a perfectly reasonable codename for someone who heals herself via fire, lmao.

It was great seeing Krystalin again though I hope Meanstreak shows up for the grand finale battle royale....they've always been one of my favorite duos in superhero comics, their dynamic and friendship is fantastic. And after what happened to Shakti here, and Cable popping her to another point in the timeline to try and get her help....I'm betting that she is in fact the 2099 character who'll be making an appearance in an upcoming Marauders issue, and will meet the crew there.

Tbh, I've been enjoying the whole miniseries, not just this issue, and Orlando's done some really great world-building along the way. I really hope there ends up being more 2099 stuff from him after this is done, but either way, I'm looking forward to the big finish next issue. And crossing fingers for some last minute appearances by Meanstreak, La Lunatica and maybe a couple of the X-Nation kids like December.
    Generally cosigned. Hoping there'll be more 2099 stories after the Omega finale.

Yeah, I'd concur with you there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Generally cosigned. Hoping there'll be more 2099 stories after the Omega finale.

Yeah, I'd concur with you there.
    Funnily skyvolt really got me on a five star kick as soon as i read the thread and some replies i was like "oh snap did i 5 star the issues i did get." lol and then did.
    d
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Funnily skyvolt really got me on a five star kick as soon as i read the thread and some replies i was like "oh snap did i 5 star the issues i did get." lol and then did.
    d
    Sounds good. In that vein, I am glad Miguel and the X-Men settled things fairly quickly and evenhandedly, especially with Osborn and his Cabal on the way.
    The spider is always on the hunt.