Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Superman and Wonder Woman
    Hal and Arisia (God Lord)
    Bruce and Selina (#TeamTalia)
    Donna and Marv....sorry, I mean Terry Long.
    Dick and people not called Helena Bertinelli
    For that matter, Dick Grayson and Helena Bertenelli was awful, too, esp. when it seemed to be done only to set up the "Bertenelli's a slutty ho" status in the early 2000's.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    - Wonder Woman & Batman

- Wonder Woman & Superman

- Batman & Batgirl

- Artemis & Jason Todd

- Zatanna & John Constantine
    I agree with one and two and didn't even know about three, but four is it for me. Next retcon (you know there'll be one), I hope Zatanna will never have met Constantine and will never meet him.

Sandy
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Astonishing Member

Dick and Babs. Dick belongs with Starfire.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

1. Kyle Rayner & Carol Ferris - Seriously, what a bloody God awful idea. I hope it's never referenced again.
    2. Wonder Woman & Superman - I know it has been a LLOOOOOOOOOOOONG discussed fandom thing, but I hated it.
    3. Zatanna & Constantine - Never worked for me. I prefer John as a loner two-faced bastard. Not the team player he's been portrayed as since New52.
    4. Dick & Kori - I know, blasphemy! But I prefer Dick & Babs. It just makes more sense to me
    5. Hal Jordan & Arisia - I know they tried to explain it so it didn't make Hal a paedophile, but it was just WRONG. God, did Gerard Jones come up with that story???
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Extraordinary Member

Tim/Bernard has killed my interest in seeing romance in comics altogether, so that has to be the worst. That was the final straw in cementing my belief that current comics writers cannot write good romances and so they shouldn't be writing romances in the first place. I don't want to see Batman kissing or longing for Catwoman, I don't want to see Steph rebound with some new guy or get back together with Tim, I don't want Dick to be with Kori or with Babs, unless the characters are already married like Clark and Lois or Ralph and Sue I want all romance expunged from comics at this point. It's all bad now.

Extraordinary Member

Morpheus and Queen Nada in Sandman

I mean, he banished her to Hell.

Mighty Member

Only thing I can think of is Mechanique/Degaton.

Amazing Member

Kyle Raynor and Carol Ferris is the one that offends me the most.
    Supergirl and Lex Luthor just a terrible terrible idea.

Incredible Member

Kyle and Donna
    Kyle and Jade
    Kyle and Soranik
    Kyle and Carol
    Stop letting Kyle date heroes, especially already established ones, they are guaranteed to get character assassinated or just straight up killed at some point.

Constantine and Zatanna.
    Let her have some self respect and be competent.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    1. Kyle Rayner & Carol Ferris - Seriously, what a bloody God awful idea. I hope it's never referenced again.
    2. Wonder Woman & Superman - I know it has been a LLOOOOOOOOOOOONG discussed fandom thing, but I hated it.
    3. Zatanna & Constantine - Never worked for me. I prefer John as a loner two-faced bastard. Not the team player he's been portrayed as since New52.
    4. Dick & Kori - I know, blasphemy! But I prefer Dick & Babs. It just makes more sense to me
    5. Hal Jordan & Arisia - I know they tried to explain it so it didn't make Hal a paedophile, but it was just WRONG. God, did Gerard Jones come up with that story???
    John Constantine shouldn't be around superheroes. Alan Moore and Neil Gaiman hinting at a Constantine-Zatanna romance was way more interesting than the actual romance between the two.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    What - in your opinion - have been the 5 worst DC Comics romances?
    Joker/Harley Quinn

The relationship was laughably abusive; he strapped her to a rocket and tried to kill her multiple times, but what's probably more frustrating is in spite of all of this abuse, she stayed with him like she was under some kind of spell. This reminded me of being a third party to an actual abusive relationship; it drains the life out of you as you watch the abused person hurt themselves over and over again and this ruined the Joker (and in some cases Harley Quinn) for some people. Even though Joker's usually cool when he's beating up heroes, it hit differently when he hurt Harley, a person who acted like she would do anything for him. It also hurt Harley's character a little bit because the comics never explained why Harley was staying with the Joker and putting up with all of that.

Bruce Wayne/Barbara Gordon

No, this is fanfiction crack pairing bad. This is practically Deathstroke/Terra level bad, because the relationship between Bruce and Barbara was seen by fans as a familial one. Making them have a romantic relationship made no sense and it hinted that Batman did not respect her as a coworker.

Deathstroke/Terra

There's no excuse for having a romantic relationship with a minor, not in real life and not in fiction. Plus, we know from other media that he abused and controlled Terra.

Harley Quinn/Nightwing

This is in the same category as Batman/Batgirl.

Superman/Wonderwoman

Clark belongs with Lois, okay? Lois and Clark are perfect for each other and their marriage and children are canon. The only time Lois and Clark should be apart is when one of them is dead.

-------
    Best Romances

Jack/Harleen Quinzel

Sane Joker is a teddy bear. Too bad that in pretty much every universe that Harley meets the Joker, he's already insane.

Poison Ivy/Harley Quinn

This isn't a perfect relationship. It's kind of dysfunctional, but they try to look out for each other. Ivy sees Harley kind of like she sees her plants, for some reason.

Batman/Catwoman

Batman and Catwoman help each other, even though the relationship is a little dysfunctional. Bruce's willingness to date a super criminal illustrates his gray morality and willingness to bend and break some of the rules to get what he wants. Selina's willingness to betray other criminals for Batman's sake illustrate her loyalty to him. Besides, this is just a classic pairing; it's almost like Lois and Clark.
    Last edited by kcomics; 10-05-2022 at 04:07 PM.

Barry and Iris are the worst couple. Both in the silver and bronze age and especially now. AND on the TV show. They are just awful together and never have chemistry. Barry should be with Patty. Both in comics and in the show. They make much more sense.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Comic Lore View Post
    Kyle Raynor and Carol Ferris is the one that offends me the most.
    Supergirl and Lex Luthor just a terrible terrible idea.
    Deathstroke and Terra doesn't even count as a relationship or romance, it was manipulation on his part.

Kyle Rayner and Carol Ferris bugged the hell out of me… at the time. During the pandemic I went back and re-read GL, and all it’s satellite books, from the 80s-present day. When I got to New Guardians I was dreading reading through Kyle/Carol again, but… I actually didn’t hate the way it played out, knowing it was ultimately not going to go anywhere. They’re a million light years away from home, they thought they might have something, they tried it, it fizzled. Eh. Not a direction I would have gone, but it happened and it’s easy enough to ignore.

Donna and Terry is the answer for me. Hated it then, hated it now, I’ll hate it tomorrow.

Yes....100% yes
    Some of us wait, some of us act.