Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Days Of Our Lives moving from NBC to Peacock

Effective September 12, Days Of Our Lives will no longer be available on the NBC network and will air exclusively on the Peacock streaming network.

I gave up on the show a few years ago when the storylines became more ridiculous than Marlena being possessed by the devil. This leaves only The Young And The Restless, General Hospital, and The Bold And The Beautiful as the only network soaps remaining.

https://soaps.sheknows.com/days-of-o...ll-it-be-free/

Astonishing Member

Are the ratings very low these days?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Are the ratings very low these days?
    1.7 million, apparently. Daily.

I think that is a terrible move which may well doom the long-running and beloved show.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

All-New Member

First time NBC won’t have a soap on the air since 1949 That’s insane

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Broadcast/cable TV is on its way out... rapidly. I think the networks have accepted that and are gradually moving all their content to streaming.

Niffleheim

Reality shows has completely destroyed daytime soap operas and considering the age demo for all soaps dropping this exclusively to streaming is just the last nail before it is completely cancelled. Maybe I'll be proven wrong.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

I can't imagine the average Days of Our Lives viewer knows what Peacock is.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    I can't imagine the average Days of Our Lives viewer knows what Peacock is.
    This is my thinking, too. It seems like this move is going to lose them a lot of viewers.

Yes, the viewership will plummet, the show will then be denied renewal.

They will blame it on low ratings when it will have been the move that killed it.

Bad move on the station's part, especially to put another hour of news on when there will just have been one hour of news the previous hour.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Astonishing Member

Honestly think they dont care if it ends.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Honestly think they dont care if it ends.
    LOL, because if you have watched it recently (and in the last few years), your statement is so on-point with the storylines these days!

While they've had their budget cut over the years Days has honestly has had more support than most of the other U.S. Soapa from the Network.

Over the last decade they've had big fan events in Vegas with promo played on the side of the hotel when other soaps just rented small comedy club type venues or rent a small banquet/convention hall.

They had a huge 50th party with all former cast members invited to put into perspective GH got a cake on set for their 50th celebration party.

Also Days had performed well on Peacock they got those 2 Beyond Salem miniseries which the recent one focused on Bo and Hope and had Steve Burton play a hired killer go with your strengths I guess. & they had the Peacock Christmas Special.

The Peacock route has seem to be the final destination for Days for a while and probably might get the old girl to at least the 60th Anniversary in 2025.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

I remember watching Days as a young ass kid....my babysitter at the time, an elderly lady we called 'MeMaw'...can't recall what her actual name was. Which annoys me to this day as I don't know where she is buried and can't search for her.

She had a half dozen kids she watched in the summers and who would get dropped off after school during the year and our parents would pick us up in the evening after work.

During the summer, every day after lunch (i was in Maryland, so it came on a 1 p.m.) we would get a snack...cookies...cereal in a cup, maybe an icee pop thingy....but from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. your only job was to STFU because that's when Days was on.

I remember the possession storyline....comical to think they actually ran with that. But then again that was the same network that greenlit Passions and that was all kinds of campy crazy shite.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    LOL, because if you have watched it recently (and in the last few years), your statement is so on-point with the storylines these days!
    I just checked, they won the best OUTSTANDING WRITING TEAM FOR A DRAMA SERIES for this years daytime emmy award lol!
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough