Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    Well they've fought several times and the only time Carol won was as Binary... Idk last I heard Carol was Sorcerer Supreme or something, I don't keep up with those Avengers child...
    To be fair, after Hickman left, nobody is really keeping with those Avengers anymore, which is the main reason they're getting involved in this event in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    This is me. Like I get (for now) Exodus is the almighty Omega lvl TK user but damn...

Like can we get some of that X-Force atomizing plant people TK?

Like I want Jean to be more than Grey Radio the best telepathic station on Krakoa.

Merc said her time is coming but hell I'm an only child. When I want something I want it NOW, lol!

Classic comment!
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I don't like to be confused. And it's just not making sense. lol. Sorry. It's like people are saying Jean is going to do this and she going to do that and she a view point character. I mean exodus just had a whole issue with him going into the sun, they were fighting the uni mind, this scene here, so when exactly is suppose to be Jean time to not shine but at least contribute to the story. So far she has not. I mean i'm good on Storm not being here it is what it is Gillien didn't want to write her for whatever reason and instead of finding a story that worked around that since she was leading arrako he just left a glaring plot hole. That has nothing to do with faves. then here we have him saying Jean is powerful and the fans saying just you wait it's about to go down here. But every moment she has had so far has not been that moment and in fact has been the opposite and i'm personally not a fan of the idea of making jean look like she is just an observer just to have one moment or "feat" because feat's are the last thing most ever hear me talk about. But make it make sense to who the characters are. Why would Jean Grey, be just floating there being a relay in the middle of a war. No pink signature, nothing that made her at least look empowered. You may know jean but i was dead serious that scene did look like he was moving her out the way or she was laid out and she was lifting him. I can not like something and still be honest about it without it being personal. I don't have anything against gillien and i'm not saying that is what your implying but this is just how i function i guess.
    For your own sanity you may want to stay away from previews going forward. They’re designed to give you just a taste and therefore will be confusing at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I was just wondering that very thing.

He's a sentient Island...and yes, he now has thousands of people living on him and habitats and bars and such but...shouldn't there be a part of him that's specifically made for self protection and offensive and defensive attacks?

With the number of times he's been attacked and hurt (with X-Force doing ****-all to protect him and their people) you would think he would have devised his own protection plan and strategy...just in case.
    Krakoa the mutant should suck down like 1,000 mutants and go into offensive mode

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Gargantuan beasts with otherworldly powers? I think they are good enemies for the more powerful mutants. And Jean maybe.

I can definitely see how you could be tired of them, but I do think colossal things are a good-looking challenge for the mutants. Great for team-ups too, visually.
    How dare you suggest Jean isn’t one of the more powerful mutants

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Someone just drew my attention to the lightning (Ororo’s?) and Cap’s shield…

Probably Thor’s

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Tony Stark is a plot device which always fits into the plot no matter what it is. It has happened before when he had phoenix Armor and it's happening now as well. Uranos is above skyfather level because he pretty much defeated a reality wrapper who was responsible for AOA and AOX n a single minute. Plus the same reality wrapper blinked all the elder gods out of existence. Thor can't even touch him let alone be on his level

Ffs any Non-Omega character shouldnt have the power to wield the phoenix let alone some c-lister street level character. If you are so much hurt about any of my opinions then at least try to stay on topic
    The omega designation is ONLY for mutants. But perhaps that was your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    They were mentioned in IMX 5. The main judgment day mini has five issues. Then there is the dozens of other tie ins for this event. They still have time to appear and do something meaningful. But if they don't, even with all these issues to work with, it will be quite nonsensical for any writer to drop the ball on that.
    True. Emma said, "First, we'll brief the war captains and prepare a defense" right before they got attacked by the Uni-Mind and the Eternal attack flight. Logan yelled to "sound the &%@& alarm!" and that's how Scott and Magik learned about it. So in theory Bishop and Kwannon should be just finding out and hopefully we'll see them (because Kate and Daken are on Krakoa).

There's still three Hex we haven't seen and considering they're Eternals and not just mindless beasts, they'll likely have strategy. Plus there's the whole elemental thing about them which I wonder how, if at all, will play into their attacks. Earth (would be nice if Rictor was around), Wind, Water, Fire, Magic and Space. Earth, Wind, and Fire will obviously perform a song but I'm curious what Magic and Space can/will do.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    To be honest, and fair...this is the only aspect of his story that would interest me, if done well.
    Fair and balanced?

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    This current Thor one-shoted Galactus, so he probably can do more against Uranos than Legion did, not because he is a god, but because he just got a power bust.

In the MU "divinity" mean nothing, specially when the current version of the universe was basically created by teenage Franklin Richards. Like, apparently Ora can erase gods, but what level of gods? The Warriors Three are gods, maybe she could erase them, but they are also at most as powerful as a regular Eternal. Now, I doubt Ora could erase Thor, Odin or even Loki.

But back to the Avengers usefulness, Carol Danvers can do all the things Vulcan, the Omega energy manipulator, can do, but better since he currently is a useless manchild who can't win a fight against freaking Thunderbird. So there we go, Carol and Thor alone can do the job of half the list of Krakoan Omegas just as well, Stark is basically the reason why Forge isn't an Omega and Captain America is almost as good tactician as Cyclops.
    Yeah but Ororo

Too bad the Quiet Council had to be bigoted and banished Danger. It's common knowledge you need a robot to fight kaiju.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Too bad the Quiet Council had to be bigoted and banished Danger. It's common knowledge you need a robot to fight kaiju.
    Polaris can make a giant robot by herself anyways, hell, she practically made a megazord at the beginning of Duggan's X-Men .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Can Carol take other people's powers without direct contact? Also can she shut others powers off. I asked in the Carol thread but it's pretty dead...
    Last edited by The Regent; 08-08-2022 at 01:51 PM.

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

I feel like I'm missing something in this storyline. The Eternals are a total clown show. Even their big bad Hex monsters are soloed by a single Omega like it's nothing. And now the X-men and Avengers are teaming up to for what? Unless the idea is they beat the Eternals so badly that the Celestials show up and actually do something, I feel like the whole plotline is pointless showing off the main lines' powers.
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysian_Thracs View Post
    I feel like I'm missing something in this storyline. The Eternals are a total clown show. Even their big bad Hex monsters are soloed by a single Omega like it's nothing. And now the X-men and Avengers are teaming up to for what? Unless the idea is they beat the Eternals so badly that the Celestials show up and actually do something, I feel like the whole plotline is pointless showing off the main lines' powers.
    It's in their name. You kill them they pop right back up for another round. They are handcuffing themselves (for now) because they are trying to limit the scale of destruction to only be Krakoa residents (ignore Mars since those aren't main line and it involved their biggest bad we won't see this early). The X-Men cannot hit them back so it's basically them waiting for the Eternals to wear them down.