Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    This current Thor one-shoted Galactus, so he probably can do more against Uranos than Legion did, not because he is a god, but because he just got a power bust.

In the MU "divinity" mean nothing, specially when the current version of the universe was basically created by teenage Franklin Richards. Like, apparently Ora can erase gods, but what level of gods? The Warriors Three are gods, maybe she could erase them, but they are also at most as powerful as a regular Eternal. Now, I doubt Ora could erase Thor, Odin or even Loki.

But back to the Avengers usefulness, Carol Danvers can do all the things Vulcan, the Omega energy manipulator, can do, but better since he currently is a useless manchild who can't win a fight against freaking Thunderbird. So there we go, Carol and Thor alone can do the job of half the list of Krakoan Omegas just as well, Stark is basically the reason why Forge isn't an Omega and Captain America is almost as good tactician as Cyclops.
    Yeah, this team plus the Krakoans means these Eternals are going to be facing a ridiculous amount of firepower. It makes me wonder what'll happen if one of them is slain. Will it be like others said and one of six humans revealed dies to immediately revive them? That Gillen described that one of them actually has a fun personality made me raise an eyebrow. 6 humans with different opinions, The Hex (6), and Gillen stating the war is just Act 1 of 3 and that humanity's despair about the goings on leads to believe we're gonna get a twist ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    You don't know a thing about the Avengers, don't you? They have a Starbrand, a Skyfather, Carol Danvers/Polaris ( who is star level) and Tony Stark, who has a Celestial-killing armor... Even without the Phoenix, both Godhead Thor and Starbrand are at least at Uranos level.

And the Phoenix isn't anybody's birthright: It has existed since the beginning of time and it has possessed countless aliens. In truth, Rachel, Firehair and the original Feron all wielded it better than Jean (none of them became Dark Phoenix).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Way to leave out context. None of the three you listed had Mastermind and the hellfire club messing with their minds for months; turning fantasy into reality and actively trying to corrupt her and turn her against her friends. All the while they inadvertently destroyed the blocks Jean put in place so she can gradually grow into that power. None of this happened to the characters you claim control it better, so it’s like comparing apples to oranges.

We see Jean handled that power just fine the 2nd time during Morrison’s run without someone messing with her and ascended to white phoenix of the crown. Something none of the other hosts achieved.

Classic xmen 43 has Death telling Jean that it is her birthright. Sure it can go to others, but it always has and always will return back to Jean and her connection with it eclipses any others.
    Exactly...and I'd like to add that mentioning "time" in such a linear fashion with regards to the Phoenix is moot as not only does it reside/operate in the White Hot Room inside the M'Kraan Crystal, which is outside of space/time....it was also said to have left Rachel at some point while Rachel was lost in the timestream. As purely a non-sentient force, it has existed since the beginning, but as a type of sentient being, that evolved when Jean first made contact with it, can still be considered a "genesis point" of sorts. Afterall, Eternity tells Jean that her becoming Phoenix represented a massively early realization of the potential that was seeded in humanity

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yeah I like the setup for it so far and I'm intrigued with what they'll mean, if anything, to the Celestial judgment of it all.
    Definitely comes across like they will play a role in the Celestial judgement and the intrigue of that is honestly the only reason I'm going to see this event through until the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    Yeah, this team plus the Krakoans means these Eternals are going to be facing a ridiculous amount of firepower. It makes me wonder what'll happen if one of them is slain. Will it be like others said and one of six humans revealed dies to immediately revive them? That Gillen described that one of them actually has a fun personality made me raise an eyebrow. 6 humans with different opinions, The Hex (6), and Gillen stating the war is just Act 1 of 3 and that humanity's despair about the goings on leads to believe we're gonna get a twist ending.
    So if one of the mutants kills an Eternal which in turn then takes the life of an human does that then come under the Krakoan rule of "kill no human ?".
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    So if one of the mutants kills an Eternal which in turn then takes the life of an human does that then come under the Krakoan rule of "kill no human ?".
    that'll be the justification to stop the war when they find out the Eternals secret.

Me being in my villain era, I'd say hey Quiet Council lets just murk all the humans so the Eternals cant ressurect *shrug*

That's exactly what I think will cause this "war" between the mutants and Eternals to come to a screeching halt. Especially if it happens quite publicly. Well, that and the revived Progentitor Celestial going bad. Oh, and Druig screwing up and Uranos being let out permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by Reiko View Post
    that'll be the justification to stop the war when they find out the Eternals secret.

Me being in my villain era, I'd say hey Quiet Council lets just murk all the humans so the Eternals cant ressurect *shrug*
    Honestly that law needs to be revised.

The people of Krakoa should call for a vote.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Reiko View Post

Yooooo thats some dark AF type sh!t! but I loooove it. KraKoa doesn't deserve you....
    Arrokka calls you home

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Honestly that law needs to be revised.
    Truth !!!
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Do Mutants know how Eternals resurrection works? Do all the Eternals even know? I thought it was a big deal when Ikaris and crew found out.

The law was “murder no man” and I don’t think it would reach the status of murder if they killed an Eternal in self-defense and a human randomly died.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Definitely comes across like they will play a role in the Celestial judgement and the intrigue of that is honestly the only reason I'm going to see this event through until the end.
    If not that, it's possible those are the humans that randomly die when Eternals are killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    The mutants are at war and the Captain Commander is no where to be found. The lack of availability monster has struck again.
    They were mentioned in IMX 5. The main judgment day mini has five issues. Then there is the dozens of other tie ins for this event. They still have time to appear and do something meaningful. But if they don't, even with all these issues to work with, it will be quite nonsensical for any writer to drop the ball on that.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 08-07-2022 at 11:04 AM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I don't understand why Bishop got the position in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    This current Thor one-shoted Galactus, so he probably can do more against Uranos than Legion did, not because he is a god, but because he just got a power bust.

In the MU "divinity" mean nothing, specially when the current version of the universe was basically created by teenage Franklin Richards. Like, apparently Ora can erase gods, but what level of gods? The Warriors Three are gods, maybe she could erase them, but they are also at most as powerful as a regular Eternal. Now, I doubt Ora could erase Thor, Odin or even Loki.

But back to the Avengers usefulness, Carol Danvers can do all the things Vulcan, the Omega energy manipulator, can do, but better since he currently is a useless manchild who can't win a fight against freaking Thunderbird. So there we go, Carol and Thor alone can do the job of half the list of Krakoan Omegas just as well, Stark is basically the reason why Forge isn't an Omega and Captain America is almost as good tactician as Cyclops.
    Um can Carol make fully autonomous energy constructs that don't need to be on the same planet as her to continue living as real individuals? Also Carol historically is neck and neck with Rogue who isn't even an omega level power. And Thor with the entirety of the Odinfore AND Galactus power cosmic couldn't beat Knull for the same reason Legion hasn't erased Uranos... PIS. Uranos probable told him that if he dies or is erased, the earth will be destroyed and Legions mentally unstable self ran...
    Last edited by The Regent; 08-07-2022 at 06:30 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    Um can Carol make fully autonomous energy constructs that don't need to be on the same planet as her to continue living as real individuals? Also Carol historically is neck and neck with Rogue who isn't even an omega level power. And Thor with the entirety of the Odinfore AND Galactus power cosmic couldn't beat Knull for the same reason Legion hasn't erased Uranos... PIS. Uranos probable told him that if he dies or is erased, the earth will be destroyed and Legions mentally unstable self ran...
    Marvel's ben treating Carol as one of the 5 most powerful beings on Earth for last decade since they started pushing her as Captain Marvel. Sometimes it seems that she's just as powerful as she was as Binary, other times it seems like she needs a little juice to reach that power level but can do so easily if someone zaps her with a little lightning. Either ay, Carol is treated as an unstoppable force that easily rivals Thor and Hulk and far surpasses whatever strength Rogue got from her back in the Claremont days. And she recently accidentally created an entirely new Binary who exists as a separate person. It's all very confusing.
    Last edited by sunofdarkchild; 08-07-2022 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Marvel's ben treating Carol as one of the 5 most powerful beings on Earth for last decade since they started pushing her as Captain Marvel. Sometimes it seems that she's just as powerful as she was as Binary, other times it seems like she needs a little juice to reach that power level but can do so easily if someone zaps her with a little lightning. Either ay, Carol is treated as an unstoppable force that easily rivals Thor and Hulk and far surpasses whatever strength Rogue got from her back in the Claremont days. And she recently accidentally created an entirely new Binary who exists as a separate person. It's all very confusing.
    Well they've fought several times and the only time Carol won was as Binary... Idk last I heard Carol was Sorcerer Supreme or something, I don't keep up with those Avengers child...