Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Me waiting for Jean to bust out the pink mode like...

Like come on now mam. This is probably the biggest threat since Knull and while I cackled at how she referenced Exodus to Scott, I'm going to need her to be a bit more than Emma-lite.

Can we get some of this!??

Yeah that would be the one bright spot. I mean even if Jean is moving out the way couldn't she had just taken out the the eternal right there. So it seems weird shes floating away from it only to get behind exodus and be like "he's not listening" implying only exodus could do something. then she relayed that to scott when i assume he already saw the big thing go flying. Which again maybe just me and with the nerd thing kind of comes off like. "exodus just one shotted one." "how you doing over there slim, almost done."
    Last edited by jwatson; 08-04-2022 at 01:14 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Well, I never interpreted the image as depicting Jean passed out or Exodus lifting her, especially considering the fact that her eyes are open and her extremities are taught with tension. It always seemed to me that the Hex either emerged from or destroyed the ground beneath them, and Jean was able to prevent herself from falling back. In either case, the telltale sign is the dialogue. Exodus issues the Hex an order—"[Go away], Eternal Beast!"—to which Jean immediately responds after, "I don't think he's going to listen."

Incidentally, Schiti's art and Marte's colors are sublime.
    Listen… this art got me feeling some things. I just can’t stop coming back for more.

The Red Dragon

Jean, you know you’re a powerhouse as well and have tk as well? Do something!

F

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Big up to Kenta for getting banned from League of Legends.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    The page with the humans and their reactions are very interesting. Jada's especially.
    Of course the Canadian is the only one supporting Mutants. Seems about right.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post

F
    This is me. Like I get (for now) Exodus is the almighty Omega lvl TK user but damn...

Like can we get some of that X-Force atomizing plant people TK?

Like I want Jean to be more than Grey Radio the best telepathic station on Krakoa.

Merc said her time is coming but hell I'm an only child. When I want something I want it NOW, lol!

This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Yeah that would be the one bright spot. I mean even if Jean is moving out the way couldn't she had just taken out the the eternal right there. So it seems weird shes floating away from it only to get behind exodus and be like "he's not listening" implying only exodus could do something. then she relayed that to scott when i assume he already saw the big thing go flying. Which again maybe just me and with the nerd thing kind of comes off like. "exodus just one shotted one." "how you doing over there slim, almost done."
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post

F
    You all are too much! ::cries:: Mama is coming. So what, Gillen gave Exodus a little win. He's about the only one that's scored one so far. My headcanon tells me Jean is still holding herself back, including her psionic energy absorption ability. After all, holding herself back out of fear of what she is capable of has always been a running theme throughout her story. Besides, Duggan already showed that she can send a skyscraper-sized structure to space at 11,220+ mph.

Gillen is going to tease her out...

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I'm a little confused from the dialogue, was Katrina giving support to the mutants or tweet against. At least Jada despite having understand sentiment is having 2nd thoughts about this whole thing.
    She mentioned being bigots, and wishing her retweets could be a shield above Krakoa, so I interpreted that as her supporting mutants. Of course, she could just be referencing the time Carol Danvers created a giant, impregnable shield around Earth and nearly doomed everyone inside of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

You all are too much! ::cries:: Mama is coming. So what, Gillen gave Exodus a little win. He's about the only one that's scored one so far. My headcanon tells me Jean is still holding herself back, including her psionic energy absorption ability. After all, holding herself back out of fear of what she is capable of has always been a running theme throughout her story. Besides, Duggan already showed that she can send a skyscraper-sized structure to space at 11,220+ mph.

Gillen is going to tease her out...

It's a whole event. Why sis can only have one moment. We both know in a sense that scene was used to have a former omega level tk boast a current one as presented. It does not make sense for her to talk to exodus in that scene added with how she was laying. Again though i can admit it's only a snippet but it's not looking good for Jean to be honest. Or why not have her one shot the one scott was fighting or hold it. Those pages were purely for exodus benefit. I would love to read the actual script for the page. If gillien is saying he was saying more hair then i know he detailed exactly how he wanted the scene to appear.

And if you aren't going to cut loose when people are dying and potentially hundred of thousands already are, when is she. Hell i'd even take a blimp of her hearing voices going out on arrako or what not which i'm not even going to go down the rd of why couldn't jean just telepathically contact those on arrako to coordinate especially when we know they have special satellites set up just for that in orbit.

And to be honest some of this is coming to me because of the very images you posted. It's like in them jean is saying one thing like "don't let the boys have all the fun." but that is literally what is happening here in this preview.
    Last edited by jwatson; 08-04-2022 at 01:29 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

It's a whole event. Why sis can only have one moment. We both know in a sense that scene was used to have a former omega level tk boast a current one as presented. It does not make sense for her to talk to exodus in that scene added with how she was laying. Again though i can admit it's only a snippet but it's not looking good for Jean to be honest. Or why not have her one shot the one scott was fighting or hold it. Those pages were purely for exodus benefit. I would love to read the actual script for the page. If gillien is saying he was saying more hair then i know he detailed exactly how he wanted the scene to appear.

And if you aren't going to cut loose when people are dying and potentially hundred of thousands already are, when is she. Hell i'd even take a blimp of her hearing voices going out on arrako or what not which i'm not even going to go down the rd of why couldn't jean just telepathically contact those on arrako to coordinate especially when we know they have special satellites set up just for that in orbit.
    My love, my precious angel, try to enjoy this! Just try. (I'm being genuine with my affection and not at all condescending!) ::cries:: Everyone is going to get nerfed to a degree in this event. I mean, Ororo was in the QC meeting when the Uni-Mind attacked and was either laid out flat or transfixed, per what was implied in IXM #5. Here, Jean is floating next to Exodus and doing nothing on the offense or defense before he flicks it out of Krakoa. It's going to happen. Do you think I'm going to get peeved about my two faves not getting a feat yet? Absolutely not. There's time and room for all to eat. Patience is a virtue.

Let's try to enjoy this together!
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    She mentioned being bigots, and wishing her retweets could be a shield above Krakoa, so I interpreted that as her supporting mutants. Of course, she could just be referencing the time Carol Danvers created a giant, impregnable shield around Earth and nearly doomed everyone inside of it.
    Yeah, they've tried to balance it a little - 1 and 6 hate Mutants, 3 and 4 don't care (4 is slightly pro-Eternal), 2 is pro-Mutant, 5 is anti-Mutant but against genocide, which counts as pro-Mutant I guess - so if they voted, they skew slightly Eternal but there's a little tension on how it would break.

My love, my precious angel, try to enjoy this! Just try. (I'm being genuine with my affection and not at all condescending!) ::cries:: Everyone is going to get nerfed to a degree in this event. I mean, Ororo was in the QC meeting when the Uni-Mind attacked and was either laid out flat or transfixed, per what was implied in IXM #5. Here, Jean is floating next to Exodus and doing nothing on the offense or defense before he flicks it out of Krakoa. It's going to happen. Do you think I'm going to get peeved about my two faves not getting a feat yet? Absolutely not. There's time and room for all to eat. Patience is a virtue.

Let's try to enjoy this together!
    I don't like to be confused. And it's just not making sense. lol. Sorry. It's like people are saying Jean is going to do this and she going to do that and she a view point character. I mean exodus just had a whole issue with him going into the sun, they were fighting the uni mind, this scene here, so when exactly is suppose to be Jean time to not shine but at least contribute to the story. So far she has not. I mean i'm good on Storm not being here it is what it is Gillien didn't want to write her for whatever reason and instead of finding a story that worked around that since she was leading arrako he just left a glaring plot hole. That has nothing to do with faves. then here we have him saying Jean is powerful and the fans saying just you wait it's about to go down here. But every moment she has had so far has not been that moment and in fact has been the opposite and i'm personally not a fan of the idea of making jean look like she is just an observer just to have one moment or "feat" because feat's are the last thing most ever hear me talk about. But make it make sense to who the characters are. Why would Jean Grey, be just floating there being a relay in the middle of a war. No pink signature, nothing that made her at least look empowered. You may know jean but i was dead serious that scene did look like he was moving her out the way or she was laid out and she was lifting him. I can not like something and still be honest about it without it being personal. I don't have anything against gillien and i'm not saying that is what your implying but this is just how i function i guess.
    Last edited by jwatson; 08-04-2022 at 01:40 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I don't like to be confused. And it's just not making sense. lol. Sorry. It's like people are saying Jean is going to do this and she going to do that and she a view point character. I mean exodus just had a whole issue with him going into the sun, they were fighting the uni mind, this scene here, so when exactly is suppose to be Jean time to not shine but at least contribute to the story. So far she has not. I mean i'm goof on Storm not being here it is what it is Gillien didn't want to write her for whatever reason and instead of finding a story that worked around that since she was leading arrako he just left a glaring plot hole. That has nothing to do with faves. then here we have him saying Jean is powerful and the fans saying just you wait it's about to go down here. But every moment she has had so far has not been that moment and in fact has been the opposite and i'm personally not a fan of the idea of making jean look like she is just an observer just to have one moment or "feat" because feat's are the last thing most ever hear me talk about.

Gillen isn't a fanboy writer or a feats writer. Exodus is the Omega TK for a reason and he wanted to show it as the Immortal X-Men issue was more a character piece.

I imagine Jeans turn will be in the one shot

I don't like to be confused. And it's just not making sense. lol. Sorry. It's like people are saying Jean is going to do this and she going to do that and she a view point character. I mean exodus just had a whole issue with him going into the sun, they were fighting the uni mind, this scene here, so when exactly is suppose to be Jean time to not shine but at least contribute to the story. So far she has not. I mean i'm goof on Storm not being here it is what it is Gillien didn't want to write her for whatever reason and instead of finding a story that worked around that since she was leading arrako he just left a glaring plot hole. That has nothing to do with faves. then here we have him saying Jean is powerful and the fans saying just you wait it's about to go down here. But every moment she has had so far has not been that moment and in fact has been the opposite and i'm personally not a fan of the idea of making jean look like she is just an observer just to have one moment or "feat" because feat's are the last thing most ever hear me talk about.
    I understand your frustration. I simply suggest you keep in mind we've only seen two pages from issue #2. As for how Jean did in issue #1, it was a respectful, albeit not showy or standout, introduction. I'm fine with it. We've barely gotten our feet into Act 1 of this event.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    So that one Hex generates its own attack fauna, eh? I hope Krakoa itself gets in on the action and issues some beatdowns.
    I was just wondering that very thing.

He's a sentient Island...and yes, he now has thousands of people living on him and habitats and bars and such but...shouldn't there be a part of him that's specifically made for self protection and offensive and defensive attacks?

With the number of times he's been attacked and hurt (with X-Force doing ****-all to protect him and their people) you would think he would have devised his own protection plan and strategy...just in case.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!