Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Glad the Avengers for once come to help Mutankind.

Glad Captain Rogers keeps his promise. and remember working with Rogue and hope after this he start to fling with Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Gillen isn't a fanboy writer or a feats writer. Exodus is the Omega TK for a reason and he wanted to show it as the Immortal X-Men issue was more a character piece.
    This is fair, though I sincerely believe Jean could have done what Exodus did—it's essentially what she did in Planet-Size X-Men, though she actually sent the skyscraper-sized space station to space—but wasn't depicted doing it for various possible reasons.

(Of course, my headcanon views Jean as also being an Omega Level Telekinetic, as she was for years prior to Hickman's list. I simply see Cerebro as defunct, lmao. Thankfully, Duggan seems to agree...)

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I imagine Jeans turn will be in the one shot
    Oh, I think she will get feats before then, but I also think that issue might show her embrace and display her abilities in a fierce way. I'm doing my best not to try and predict what will happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if Jean gradually embracing and using her abilities to their fullest extent is a thread for her in this event, in which case she won't be depicted showing out too soon.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Glad the Avengers for once come to help Mutankind.

Glad Captain Rogers keeps his promise. and remember working with Rogue and hope after this he start to fling with Emma.
    Sure. Although the dialogue seemed like the mutants were pretty helpless needy so they need avengers to save their as@#
    Last edited by Vishop; 08-04-2022 at 02:03 PM.

Attack fauna. At least it's not attack flora. The Krakoan Era's plant monster fetish is tired now.
    Last edited by nx01a; 08-04-2022 at 02:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

After an excellent debut issue and very strong tie-ins in X-Men Red and Immortal, I'm fully onboard this story, everything has been so engaging, well-written and well-drawn so far.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Attack fauna. At least it's not attack flora. The Krakoan Era's plant monster fetish is tired now.
    Yeah let's not give Beast any new ideas. I'm looking forward to seeing the Wolverines take on said fauna. Looks like a giant spider is headed their way.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    After an excellent debut issue and very strong tie-ins in X-Men Red and Immortal, I'm fully onboard this story, everything has been so engaging, well-written and well-drawn so far.
    100% agreed.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Very annoying, you only see Jean as a radio. My God. She was supposed to be throwing a telekinetic punch, at least in conjunction with Exodus. Just wanted to see her take down a Rex ohhhh

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Very annoying, you only see Jean as a radio. My God. She was supposed to be throwing a telekinetic punch, at least in conjunction with Exodus. Just wanted to see her take down a Rex ohhhh
    I would've settled for her atomizing it since Exodus went with the macro lvl tk. Just do something mama!
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

I swear some of Jean's fans can be her worst enemies. There's always constant complaining about what she does and doesn't do and never praise for the good the writers have done for her in the last year or so. As if we don't have enough detractors itching to chime in with their negative takes. Anyway...

People, relax! I implore you to try to remain open and optimistic.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I swear some of Jean's fans can be her worst enemies. There's always constant complaining about what she does and doesn't do and never praise for the good the writers have done for her in the last year or so. As if we don't have enough detractors itching to chime in with their negative takes. Anyway...

Everything else aside, for real Mercury, why is it wrong for us to at least expect the Jean in the images you posted. Even if she is finding her power or what not she would still be doing something other than getting out the way and relaying what others are doing. I get being hopeful and i personally want jean to have a moment which is the only reason i'm getting her stand alone issue because i want to see how she is handled but why do we have to wait even for power use for her to have a personality. I don't think noting Exodus was a powerhouse to her husband that was still fighting an eternal was a good look. she is not emma, it did not make her cute to me. Why can't we get the jean in your scans or at least that voice the voice from her X-men red. why do we have to start from scratch and build her personality through several issues when you just did it in one post. Hell the voice from Duggan Xmen. She just moved all those spores people called it a great feat and here we are not two months later. I mean really.

And i'm sorry i just can't enjoy it but i've said it time and time again when you break your own canon my mind just has issues. I can take mistakes or timelines not matching up in certain instances but when you flat out toy with the canon in your own story it's hard to just go along for the ride.
    Last edited by jwatson; 08-04-2022 at 03:16 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

its a preview everyone im sure Jean and others will have some amazing moments by the time the event is over. (^_^)
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

Probably why I stopped posting so much in the Jean Grey thread tbh. Even when Jean does have a good showing it's almost immediately eclipsed by fans who just want MOAR. And it almost always accompanies by some condescending that Jean is "just a radio", "just Scott's housewife", "just a background character", "Scott's parrot", etc.

And honestly on some level I do get some of the criticism I do wish that Jean Grey had a moment like Storm vs Vulcan or adversaries like Brand to contend with. Heck I wanna see a more political active Jean once this event is over.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Everything else aside, for real Mercury, why is it wrong for us to at least expect the Jean in the images you posted. Even if she is finding her power or what not she would still be doing something other than getting out the way and relaying what others are doing.
    It's not wrong. Frankly, one of my points of contention regarding dismissing Jean's appearance in this issue is that we've literally only seen 3 pages of a 20-25-page issue. That's like seeing a few minutes of a scene from a movie—not even a trailer—and writing off the movie based on that. My second point of contention is with posters who I never see post anything positive about Jean's appearances, despite the fact that they identify themselves as fans, but who are quick to post negative takes and opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I get being hopeful and i personally want jean to have a moment which is the only reason i'm getting her stand alone issue because i want to see how she is handled but why do we have to wait even for power use for her to have a personality. I don't think noting Exodus was a powerhouse to her husband that was still fighting an eternal was a good look. she is not emma, it did not make her cute to me. Why can't we get the jean in your scans or at least that voice the voice from her X-men red. why do we have to start from scratch and build her personality through several issues when you just did it in one post.
    I've always viewed Jean as rather mercurial and multifaceted. She can be the sweetest person just as quickly as she can be cutting and irreverant. I don't see her as being out of character here.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Probably why I stopped posting so much in the Jean Grey thread tbh. Even when Jean does have a good showing it's almost immediately eclipsed by fans who just want MOAR. And it almost always accompanies by some condescending that Jean is "just a radio", "just Scott's housewife", "just a background character", "Scott's parrot", etc.
    And you're not the first Jean fan that has said the same thing to me privately, which both saddens and pisses me off.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MakubeX View Post
    That last panel has Laura, Daken, and Logan working together. You love to see it~
    It'd be nicer to see it in a story that it can be the actual focus, rather than in the background of a panel where it will probably never be mentioned again.