Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I swear some of Jean's fans can be her worst enemies. There's always constant complaining about what she does and doesn't do and never praise for the good the writers have done for her in the last year or so. As if we don't have enough detractors itching to chime in with their negative takes. Anyway...

People, relax! I implore you to try to remain open and optimistic.
    Enemies? They are just opinions about a character that was written in a dubious way in the last editions (for some fans ). We expect the best from the character we like, so take it easy.

But I love the energy of facing giant creatures that Exodus has. He doesn't have a drop of fear
    Last edited by andreikes; 08-04-2022 at 03:58 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    okay, i never said ya did. She looks like she is laying being lifted to me. it is a one page spread and maybe you have zoom in features but if you look at from the site an overlay comes up, it looks as though jean is being lifted by him while he is talking since everything else is standing up. And maybe you can see the eyes open but in those little boxes they look closed.

then in the very next scene Jean is behind exodus and he is looking back when in the previous page she was in front of him. And she can't be with her back to the eternal that was in front of them because the background is all of a sudden yellow sky which suggests time passed via movement, so yeah the colors are pretty and the art looks good but it was still jarring to me and i'm still wondering if something is missing in between.
    I think it must be a trick of the eye Wanting to read it as 2d instead of remembering by being a flyer she is living in more dimensions (of space not reality). The others are upright because they travel in a 2d space so to speak. Forwards/backwards side/side. While flyers move in the up and down as well as forward/backwards side/side. So shes pushing herself away from an attack but is pushing herself downwards to escape the attack. Our brains always associate down as falling, when for a flyer down is just another direction, not falling.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    I think it must be a trick of the eye Wanting to read it as 2d instead of remembering by being a flyer she is living in more dimensions (of space not reality). The others are upright because they travel in a 2d space so to speak. Forwards/backwards side/side. While flyers move in the up and down as well as forward/backwards side/side. So shes pushing herself away from an attack but is pushing herself downwards to escape the attack. Our brains always associate down as falling, when for a flyer down is just another direction, not falling.
    This explanation makes the most sense. I admit my depth perception isn't the best. I'm actually super bad at remedial tasks for some reason. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Enemies? They are just opinions about a character that was written in a dubious way in the last editions (for some fans ). We expect the best from the character we like, so take it easy.

But I love the energy of facing giant creatures that Exodus has. He doesn't have a drop of fear
    Well when a vocal subset of her fans constantly bemoan how horribly she is being used for not solo stomping whatever problem the team is facing, you can see the easy solution would be to simply not write her in these stories. Might as well kill her off again seeing how nobody can write her correctly.

I'm assuming those characters we just saw in the beginning are going to be very dead by the end of the issue, especially if the Hex follow the same resurrection policy the Eternals do. For all the moaning people have about the Mutants "immorality" wait until they find out how the Eternals immortality works. I don't think Mutants will be public enemy #1 anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    Well when a vocal subset of her fans constantly bemoan how horribly she is being used for not solo stomping whatever problem the team is facing, you can see the easy solution would be to simply not write her in these stories. Might as well kill her off again seeing how nobody can write her correctly.

I'm assuming those characters we just saw in the beginning are going to be very dead by the end of the issue, especially if the Hex follow the same resurrection policy the Eternals do. For all the moaning people have about the Mutants "immorality" wait until they find out how the Eternals immortality works. I don't think Mutants will be public enemy #1 anymore.
    But who is asking for that. Storm didn't solo stomp anything in the marvels but i loved it because she was a part of the story she reacted to the situations she was in. I don't get why wanting a character to have a point of view somehow translates into a writers head that "oh no they have to solo something" especially when said writer has someone else they are foind of solo something and then another character who should be able to boast about it to one who may not be able to. Would the overall scene had changed if Jean had her pink tk around her or if she was holding the one cyclops was fighting so we saw something around it. No it wouldn't have but it would have taken away the ambiguity of "is she just floating there?"

I'm just saying your going to describe "jean hair is full, fuller, FULLER!" but your not going to say jean is pulling herself away from the hand of the eternal while exodus is pushing it back, she asks cyclops while holding the eternal he is fighiting at bay "how's it coming?" Maybe he did and it's on the artist or colorist but maybe he didn't there is nothing in the art that says a small tk field that is pink would clash with anything on any scene. Like ewing with storm, when your trying to build a character writers are usually more direct like gillien has been with hope and exodus.
    Last edited by jwatson; 08-04-2022 at 04:39 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Did Exodus just solo one?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Yep. It seems he teleported it.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Fantastic Member

But who is asking for that. Storm didn't solo stomp anything in the marvels but i loved it because she was a part of the story she reacted to the situations she was in. I don't get why wanting a character to have a point of view somehow translates into a writers head that "oh no they have to solo something" especially when said writer has someone else they are foind of solo something and then another character who should be able to boast about it to one who may not be able to. Would the overall scene had changed if Jean had her pink tk around her or if she was holding the one cyclops was fighting so we saw something around it. No it wouldn't have but it would have taken away the ambiguity of "is she just floating there?"
    Why do you think she is doing nothing? Look at the scene: while Exodus is facing the giant head on while vertical, she is horizontal facing upwards. Why would she be doing that? Look at what the Hex is doing: its trying to pound it's fist downwards. Exodus took it out before she had to do anything. But because Exodus, a powerhouse himself, did the work while she is trying to coordinate with the field leader to figure out the best way to deal with the overall threat (there is more than one Hex) suddenly she is being misused. How about we wait until we see the whole issue before we write Jean off as not doing anything?

Why do you think she is doing nothing? Look at the scene: while Exodus is facing the giant head on while vertical, she is horizontal facing upwards. Why would she be doing that? Look at what the Hex is doing: its trying to pound it's fist downwards. Exodus took it out before she had to do anything. But because Exodus, a powerhouse himself, did the work while she is trying to coordinate with the field leader to figure out the best way to deal with the overall threat (there is more than one Hex) suddenly she is being misused. How about we wait until we see the whole issue before we write Jean off as not doing anything?
    So what exactly is she doing other than facing upward. Please inform the rest of us. What do you think she is doing that she would need to look upward away from the threat and then get behind exodus when she is presumably facing it just to tell him it wasn't listening and for him to say he is not a brute and then for jean to tell her husband the super powerful exodus took one out how he doing. please inform me cause i really do want a credible description on what you think she is doing. and since when has mutlti tasking been difficult for jean. Also since when is coordination telling someone else someone else has already been knocked out the ring.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Fantastic Member

So what exactly is she doing other than facing upward. Please inform the rest of us. What do you think she is doing that she would need to look upward away from the threat and then get behind exodus when she is presumably facing it just to tell him it wasn't listening and for him to say he is not a brute and then for jean to tell her husband the super powerful exodus took one out how he doing. please inform me cause i really do want a credible description on what you think she is doing.
    It's trying to pound its fist downwards. She is looking up to prepare to deal with that problem. The Hex is not just standing there menacingly, it's actively trying to pound them with its giant fist. It's so huge Jean has to look up to see its fist. That said there is definitely some scaling issues because it looks a lot bigger on one page, with its fist off panel so high Jean has to look up at it, to the second page with Exodus hitting it, making it appear the size of a Sentinel. Looking back at the first issue the first Hex we saw towered over a freighter to the point that the freighter came up to it's ankle, so maybe Exodus grew in size when he slammed into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I love when Exodus is feeling himself.

I like how rapid-fire this all feels. They barely just got the news about Arakko, Cable is probably still naked and here are the Hex trying to overwhelm them. I wonder if Cable will stay here and fight or if he'll try to rush back to Arakko. Same with Ororo. Quick decisions to be made.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Why so much editorializing about what Jean Grey people should be allowed to say about Jean as if we don't know for Jean to deftly dispose of a threat like Exodus just did she would have required assistance from 3 Cuckoos, a good night's sleep, some direction on what to do from Emma Frost, and permission from her husband to engage non-communicative superpowers?

How many powers does this character have

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I love when Exodus is feeling himself.

I like how rapid-fire this all feels. They barely just got the news about Arakko, Cable is probably still naked and here are the Hex trying to overwhelm them. I wonder if Cable will stay here and fight or if he'll try to rush back to Arakko. Same with Ororo. Quick decisions to be made.
    I like to see psi-powered characters flex now and then.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 08-04-2022 at 05:07 PM.

So what exactly is she doing other than facing upward. Please inform the rest of us. What do you think she is doing that she would need to look upward away from the threat and then get behind exodus when she is presumably facing it just to tell him it wasn't listening and for him to say he is not a brute and then for jean to tell her husband the super powerful exodus took one out how he doing. please inform me cause i really do want a credible description on what you think she is doing.
    We have to consider that the scene depicted in those two pages likely took place within a matter of seconds, at most 5-10 seconds. (Incidentally, X-Men Red #5 is a great example of moments that would seem to last longer lasting mere seconds.) The Hex arrived, seemingly attacked, Exodus reacted, Jean commented on the reaction, and Exodus simultaneously teleported it away. Done.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

The Red Dragon

It looks like he knocked it with enough force off into the water. I dont think it’s teleporting from the art. We see yhe speed lines indicating movement.

Also he didnt totally defeat it since it’ll just get back up solo is not the righy word but he got a good lick in!

And to that poster saying Jean fans are asking for Jean to solo it, nope. If she had knocked it like Exodus instead of relay info that Cyclops would have been able to see it would have been cool. Who here said they wanted her to solo it?

It's trying to pound its fist downwards. She is looking up to prepare to deal with that problem. The Hex is not just standing there menacingly, it's actively trying to pound them with its giant fist. It's so huge Jean has to look up to see its fist. That said there is definitely some scaling issues because it looks a lot bigger on one page, with its fist off panel so high Jean has to look up at it, to the second page with Exodus hitting it, making it appear the size of a Sentinel. Looking back at the first issue the first Hex we saw towered over a freighter to the point that the freighter came up to it's ankle, so maybe Exodus grew in size when he slammed into it.
    But why is she is the horizontal position in the first place? Like was she laying on the ground relaxing when the eternal hit down and she levitated herself up to avoid the attack. But if that's the case why wouldn't she already had been "standing" and levitating herself to the side. Also given the perspective of the characters in the back being on a cliff that wasn't that high it adds to the feeling jean is being raised off the ground as she could have clear sky behind her before the page shift. Even with perspective and maybe my depth again is the strongest reason i'm not seeing it but it's just not making sense. What action was she doing before the hand came down.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.