Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We have to consider that the scene depicted in those two pages likely took place within a matter of seconds, at most 5-10 seconds. (Incidentally, X-Men Red #5 is a great example of moments that would seem to last longer lasting mere seconds.) The Hex arrived, seemingly attacked, Exodus reacted, Jean commented on the reaction, and Exodus simultaneously teleported it away. Done.
    but why choose that look for what you intend to build up as a powerful character in your story. out of all the frames you could describe like "more hair" your not thinking about this one? it don't feel right.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Yep. It seems he teleported it.
    It looks like he followed it instead of Teleporting.

Cyke's "Why do I always miss the obvious things?" made me burst out laughing all of a sudden lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Wow, so Hank was classy-trash even back then.
    Early Hank was a very different character, starting in like, X-Men#3 he became someone who vomits a dictionary whenever he opens his mouth and the story pretends he was always like this lol.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Probably why I stopped posting so much in the Jean Grey thread tbh. Even when Jean does have a good showing it's almost immediately eclipsed by fans who just want MOAR. And it almost always accompanies by some condescending that Jean is "just a radio", "just Scott's housewife", "just a background character", "Scott's parrot", etc.
    Yeah, while I can understand frustration, it can sound like some people what Jean to be written like Starling writes Thanos (Meaning, complete ass kissing).

If Jean does nothing cool by the end of this despite being advertised as one of the main characters, then yeah, bitching will be understandable, but so far? Story barely started, even if she does nothing now, she could do it later.

I've always viewed Jean as rather mercurial and multifaceted. She can be the sweetest person just as quickly as she can be cutting and irreverant. I don't see her as being out of character here.
    Really Mercury? I thought you were above making such puns .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    But why is she is the horizontal position in the first place? Like was she laying on the ground relaxing when the eternal hit down and she levitated herself up to avoid the attack. But if that's the case why wouldn't she already had been "standing" and levitating herself to the side. Also given the perspective of the characters in the back being on a cliff that wasn't that high it adds to the feeling jean is being raised off the ground as she could have clear sky behind her before the page shift. Even with perspective and maybe my depth again is the strongest reason i'm not seeing it but it's just not making sense. What action was she doing before the hand came down.
    Artistic choice? Typically when characters use their powers they stand or float vertically while looking at the problem at hand. Because Jean's concern is the giant fist that's coming down from above, she's horizontal from our perspective but vertical relative to the fist. otherwise we'd have a panel of her standing vertically with her head bent backwards staring straight up. She can fly, so she can get in a more comfortable position to deal with the fist. Think of it as a mechanic fixing a car while underneath it. They lay down on their backs to face the problem directly. In all likelihood she was preparing to do something before Exodus caught her off guard with his comment, because that distracted her enough to stop looking at it.

Quiet King 2 Regent Ororo RealEyesRealizeRealLies77's Avatar

This situation is the perfect chance to see Cyclops finally cut loose in the Krakoan era.Skyscaper titans?I at least want to see him remove that visor and split one in half,even if it regenerates.I don't think Iv'e seen him really cut loose since he tore that giant brood in half.Maybe seeing him and Magik conduct their mutant circuit with teleporting lasers but I really need to see that cowl get removed.MORE mutant circuits also.I would love to see the different combo's Scott comes up with as my thirst for circuits haven't been satiated with New Mutants.Ewing gave me a lil love with Magneto & Lodus Logos but that was lame,lol.
    The Pessimist looks down and hits his head
    The Optimist looks up and loses his footing
    The Realist looks forward and adjusts his path accordingly

Pull List : X-MEN , IMMORTAL X-MEN , NEW MUTANTS , X-MEN RED , WOLVERINE, THOR ,ETERNALS , BLACK PANTHER , EXCELLENCE , KILLADELPHIA , NOCTERRA ,THE NICE HOUSE ON THE LAKE , LITTLE MONSTERS , BONEYARD ORCHARD , NIGHTMARE BLOG , SEVEN SONS

Is Gillen really saying Cyclops don't have a plan to dealt with a skyscraper sized centaur that generates it's own attack fauna? I call it bullshit and PIS, Gillen clearly don't have any respect for the character and should stop writing him ASAP. To think he is the man who wrote Uncanny X-Men and AvX Consequences, it's sad really.

Now seriously, are people really mad with Jean's role on this, when all Cyclops is doing is make funny unremarkable comments and shoot his opitic blast with no effect in a giant monster?
    Last edited by Ra-El; 08-04-2022 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Is Gillen really saying Cyclops don't have a plan to dealt with a skyscraper sized centaur that generates it's own attack fauna? I call it bullshit and PIS, Gillen clearly don't have any respect for the character and should stop writing him ASAP. To think he is the man who wrote Uncanny X-Men and AvX Consequences, it's sad really.

Now seriously, are people really mad with Jean's role on this, when all Cyclops is doing is make funny unremarkable comments and shoot his opitic blast with no effect in a giant monster?
    Gillen has a Data page where Scott wrote protocols for multiple giant sized monsters and different types of kaiju. This is a joke callback to that, Scott is saying he missed out one category (I know you're joking lol, but I liked it as an Easter egg and thought someone might have missed it)

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yep. It seems he teleported it.
    No. He rammed it, pushing it off Krakoa and into the ocean. You can see the arc of its trajectory and its arms as it disappears in smoke?steam? as it hits the water. \

btw...just read his marvel fandom bio...He's outrageously and ridiculously OP.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post

Logically speaking it makes a lot more sense for Exodus to go full offense while Jean holds back. Jean's priority is to protect the inhabitants of the island. Exodus only cares about protecting Hope, and considering Hope is not in immediate danger his priority is to remove the Hex as fast as possible. So Jean is paying attention to what the Hex is doing ready to put up a shield or use her telekinesis to grapple it, whereas Exodus is in full attack mode, as he won't care if it lands any blows on the island, since you can just resurrect anybody who dies later.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Gillen has a Data page where Scott wrote protocols for multiple giant sized monsters and different types of kaiju. This is a joke callback to that, Scott is saying he missed out one category (I know you're joking lol, but I liked it as an Easter egg and thought someone might have missed it)
    That data page was the best part of Immortal so far, I remember it. Perhaps Gillen is not a lost cause when it comes to Cyclops.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    Artistic choice? Typically when characters use their powers they stand or float vertically while looking at the problem at hand. Because Jean's concern is the giant fist that's coming down from above, she's horizontal from our perspective but vertical relative to the fist. otherwise we'd have a panel of her standing vertically with her head bent backwards staring straight up. She can fly, so she can get in a more comfortable position to deal with the fist. Think of it as a mechanic fixing a car while underneath it. They lay down on their backs to face the problem directly. In all likelihood she was preparing to do something before Exodus caught her off guard with his comment, because that distracted her enough to stop looking at it.
    I like that the artist chose to think 3D with her able to move in any position instead of having her just standing in the air and looking up, which she could do on the ground.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    How many powers does this character have.
    The answer to the question is...yes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    The answer to the question is...yes.
    lmao

I respect it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    It looks like he knocked it with enough force off into the water. I dont think it’s teleporting from the art. We see yhe speed lines indicating movement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    No. He rammed it, pushing it off Krakoa and into the ocean. You can see the arc of its trajectory and its arms as it disappears in smoke?steam? as it hits the water.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    It looks like he followed it instead of Teleporting.
    Good catch!
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    its a preview everyone im sure Jean and others will have some amazing moments by the time the event is over. (^_^)
    Thank you for being a voice of reason, love!
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."