Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I like the way you think. I'm rooting for 2024: The Year of Cyclops.
    When it comes to X-Men books, I know what I like, and it's a Cyclops ongoing solo... While they don't give it to me, I'll take these team books.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

X-Men is: Entertaining. In that superheroes doing basic superheroic stuff way...nothing too deep or heavy, just good fun.
    X-Men Red is: Perfection. Giving me everything I want, what I didn't know I wanted, and more. Ewing is my new God now.
    X-Men Immortal is: Dead to me.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I'm enjoying all three for different reasons. But I'm easily pleased, especially when I compare what we're currently getting to what we got with the Gold/Blue/Rosecanny/AoX years. Each book intrigues me at worst and blows me away at best.

I'm having a fun time.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quiet King 2 Regent Ororo RealEyesRealizeRealLies77's Avatar

X-Men Red is at the top for me.Ewing is just that perfect cool breeze on a sweltering summer day.My only take away would be the lazy fights in the arena,but it gives room for improvement .I like Immortal as it provides character insight into the QC.The last issue was a tad disappointing but I enjoyed the deep dive into Exodus' thoughts and motivations.The vanilla council is getting tiresome though.X-Men would be at the bottom for me.Only lasted as long as I did due to Larraz and my love of Synch.The later issues did come through but those issues in the middle,ugh.Don't know whether I'll continue or not as that voting process during the Gala really threw me off with the lazy way it was done.Cassara is a bonus though and hopefully his art will compliment the story.
    The Pessimist looks down and hits his head
    The Optimist looks up and loses his footing
    The Realist looks forward and adjusts his path accordingly

Pull List : X-MEN , IMMORTAL X-MEN , NEW MUTANTS , X-MEN RED , WOLVERINE, THOR ,ETERNALS , BLACK PANTHER , EXCELLENCE , KILLADELPHIA , NOCTERRA ,THE NICE HOUSE ON THE LAKE , LITTLE MONSTERS , BONEYARD ORCHARD , NIGHTMARE BLOG , SEVEN SONS

Mighty Member

X-men is entertaining and fun and popcorn fair. It's fine.

X-men Red is chef's kiss. It's an amazing book that does the best with character development, plot and action.

Immortal is boring but issue 3 was amazing. That destiny issue floored me with how good it is. I just wish he would show the quiet council doing the work of nation building. It's just so petty and small when it could be so much better.

I love Immortal X-Men and X-Men Red. I've been a Gillen fan for years, so it's no surprise I'm loving his work on Immortal. Red is pretty much exactly what I wanted with Arakko, and is just a great book all around. I hate to say it, but I'm not into X-Men. I was really into it when Hickman was still on, but with Duggan I stopped reading a while ago. I feel bad, he seems like a nice enough guy, but it just does nothing for me. I feel the same way about most of the current line, unfortunately. The only books I'm still reading are:

Immortal X-Men
    X-Men Red
    Legion of X

Everything else either ended when Destiny of X started (Hellions, SWORD), or I tried and just didn't like (X-Force, Marauders, Knights of X).

Yes, I am loving Red & X-Men. Red is especially life giving for this Storm fan, but its making me a fan of the Arakki, renewing my love for Max, finding an appreciation for Sunspot, and I always liked Cable. I’m just waiting for him to thank Brand for warming his seat and to get her dusty, crusty, raggedy Triple crossing b#!$* a$$ off his SWORD station. IMX has been overall good but I am not a fan of Gillen, so I only pick up certain issues. Overall I very happy with Hickman era, Hox/Pox, Dox, and RoX! Best time to be a fan in 20 years for me.
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 08-04-2022 at 08:22 PM.

Mighty Member

I'm enjoying all three, but X-Men Red the most.

However, I think next year Gillen should abandon the rotating character pov, these issues while good are starting to feel like they should have been one-shots for each member of the Quiet Council. What I want from IMX is more wheeling and dealing by the QC as they deal with the issues that confront Krakoa and less character study of each member that doesn't move the plot along quickly enough.

X-Men Red: Is really good. Seems to be the best book out of the three.

Immortal seems good. I'm expecting it to pick up speed in the next few issues.

X-Men: Hmmm anyone else feel that the whole changing of members ever 12 issues will eventually hurt the book more than drum up excitement? Not much focus on certain characters. But I suppose that happens in every book.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    X-Men Red: Is really good. Seems to be the best book out of the three.

Immortal seems good. I'm expecting it to pick up speed in the next few issues.

X-Men: Hmmm anyone else feel that the whole changing of members ever 12 issues will eventually hurt the book more than drum up excitement? Not much focus on certain characters. But I suppose that happens in every book.
    On X-Men that was s a fair point. I personally really liked the first cast and would loved for them to stay on.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

BANNED

X-Men Red is the only book that holds for me to read an X-Men book bc Al Ewing has continuilly overcoming odds of the plot in this book. X-Men is too traditional and far from being a anything more to catch my attention. Duggan as usual has cast issues and it's direction is a bit shallow. I don't even remember Orchis are suppose to be a threat since Inferno. Immortal X-Men being a QC book is only driven by the event so i am not really at all interested unless these book actually has a beginning
    Last edited by Vishop; 08-04-2022 at 09:14 PM.

Yes, enjoying them all equally, keen to see the new X-Men team in action together.
    Once Judgment Day passes and each book is virtually self contained that is when we should be able to judge each book properly.
    1).X-Men Red
    2).Immortal X-Men
    3).X-Men
    Then way back is
    4).X-Force
    The rest of the mutant titles are rubbish.
    Last edited by PhoenixThanos; 08-05-2022 at 12:16 AM.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

BANNED

Red and Immortal have potential still, but I can't say I am riveted or blown away. They're aight

X-Men is...as unambitious as advertised, if not more so.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 08-05-2022 at 12:15 AM.

As an Storm & Magneto fan Red has been an absolute dream. The art, character work, the phenomenal cast (consisting of new and old characters who haven't had the chance to shine in a long time), and the feeling of scope is galactic.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    All I want is Hellion. So no.
    Wow, that is a shocker. I never knew you were such a fan.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================