Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugen View Post
    Hickman had managed to make orchis worrying in house of x then came stasis and feilong and their ridiculous motivation to want to kill mutants made them boring but they were still classic anti-mutants then the x-office decided that out of nowhere , two mutants (moira and brand even if the last one uses orchis), two allies who have always been going to betray their own people for no logical reason and join orchis which I remember aims to exterminate all mutants so she too lol nonsense from the x-office.

Not to mention juda traveler... from orchis no longer made sense in addition to being boring they became ridiculous between caricatured humans and mutants who have nothing to do with it.

Now I just want the mutants to finish them quickly and free moira and brand from this joke lol when the only interesting characters are nimrod and karima two machines programmed to kill there's a problem .

I don't know how the x-office is going to make believe that orchis will be a threat to mutants after judgment day its eternal and its kaiju.
    I mean Moira's heel turn I'll give to you. But saying Brand's betrayal makes no sense is a stretch considering we actually got a pretty plausible reason in SWORD.

I am enjoying all three books - though I admit I am mainly interested in X-men where Jean and Scott are. I do like that all three books are different. I like that the X-men are out there and saving the world and having adventures. The one and done/monster of the week I know is not to everyone's liking but there was still a larger story going through Duggan's book (with Dr Stasis, the outing of the resurrection process, etc.).

Immortal X-men is enjoyable with the focus on individual characters. I really enjoyed the Exodus issue. I'm looking forward to the other character's spotlights and where the book may evolve in the future (assuming it continues). X-men Red is good. I love world building and Arrako is definitely very interesting. I admit I don't find myself gravitating to it as much as the others but I love both Storm and Magneto so I will continue to follow it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Things that worry me:
    1)Duggan added 1 more member to his number of members and itÂ’s not like he juggled his previous cast well. Only Synch and Cyclops had anything resembling an arc or growth and it still felt very shallow. So more guest stars? Juggling a huge cast is already problematicÂ….
    2) Art is taking a hit. While I like Cassara and the other guyÂ’s art(forgot his name), they are a step down from Pepe and Pina.
    3) More Orchis? does anyone else find Orchis to be completely boring and unbelievable as villains?

I liked it when it was centered on Dr. Gregor (she was an interesting parallel to Mystique), Omega Sentinel, and Nimrod. Now it’s become very diluted and every mutant hater can just join. I don’t even know why Xeno (are they still a thing?) from Percy’s books are a separate organization.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Reposting here...

Just finished rereading XMR from 1-5 and, the layers and depths...Ewing is giving us a masterclass in comic-book writing.
    Issue 04 is such quiet and profound perfection and 05 is literally and figuratively heart-rending beauty and intensity.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Not really, of the three, X-men: Red is the one i am following with more dedication as opposed to the other two, Immortal character focused issues are hit or miss for me and X-men just felt like a villain of the week format plus they focused too much on a few of the characters (Jean, Cyclops or Synch) and ignore others (Rogue, Laura, Polaris, Sunfire) to the point i wonder why i even bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Reposting here...

Just finished rereading XMR from 1-5 and, the layers and depths...Ewing is giving us a masterclass in comic-book writing.
    Issue 04 is such quiet and profound perfection and 05 is literally and figuratively heart-rending beauty and intensity.
    Good call, I'm going to do the same and revisit. Truly excellent work.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Not really, of the three, X-men: Red is the one i am following with more dedication as opposed to the other two, Immortal character focused issues are hit or miss for me and X-men just felt like a villain of the week format plus they focused too much on a few of the characters (Jean, Cyclops or Synch) and ignore others (Rogue, Laura, Polaris, Sunfire) to the point i wonder why i even bother.
    I feel similarly, but am enjoying all three and getting my money’s worth. Red just packs more punch for me personally, and is a cut above. But I haven’t enjoyed three X-men books like this in a looong time.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Idk I kinda feel like the entire first issue was about her doubting herself, her place on the Great Ring, and the implications of Krakoa’s influence on Arakko. Yes she came out the other end resolved to form a Brotherhood, but we saw how troubled she was with “her throne” throughout the issue.
    I have to go back and read that first issue again. I think the issue with Storm was a certain ignorance of continuity with respect to what happened in HoX/PoX for her. Her writing just doesn't make me invest on her. I have to go back and read SWORD bc i don't remember too much about her in that book either. I think her story in this book is a bit forgettable for me
    Magneto is by FAR the best written character in this book for me. Everything he says or does, when he is vulnerable, or when he is egoistic or heroic makes so much sense. He definitely fits the seat of loss
    Last edited by Vishop; 08-07-2022 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Good call, I'm going to do the same and revisit. Truly excellent work.
    Third. I got the hard copies 1-4 so I'm going to read them and then 5 too. I need to feel excited again. Lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Combined, are they giving you everything you've ever wanted?
    None feature Mercury or Danger, so no.

I don't care for rulers and royalty, and would rather have an ongoing book that focused on the "common" mutants of Krakoa and how they see and shape their nation. Books like Way of X and Sabretooth have been by far the most interesting to me in this era, even though they only scratched the surface because of their limited number of available issues.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Third. I got the hard copies 1-4 so I'm going to read them and then 5 too. I need to feel excited again. Lol
    Can someone explain what's so fascinating about Marvel basically ripping off Ascension from Stargate? (X-men: Red)

Question is how long can Mags maintain his Ascened state before reverting back. (There's no way in hell Marvel is going to have a Ascended Magneto running around for long.Same goes for Legion-that's why he got taken out the way he was.)
    Last edited by rcaguy; 08-07-2022 at 07:45 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I really don't need to explain to you or anyone here why I like/love/appreciate what I read, do I?

I find it fascinating and engaging and thought-provoking and entertaining...and that's all that matters.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Never seen (read?) Stargate.

I love that last page so much because from JD #1 and the promos showing his helmet in the rubble, a lot of us thought he was a goner. I actually gasped when I saw him.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I’m loving these books, especially Red and Immortal, and hope they get at least 12 issue runs before the next shakeup. I do feel like there’s a shakeup coming eventually, though, and if I had to guess probably to coincide with the revival of the X-men Animated Series next year. Would make perfect sense to relaunch Uncanny X-men around the time the X-men ‘97 cartoon drops, at least IMO.

To me a pretty dope lineup at that point would be…

Uncanny X-men by Kieron Gillen and Valerio Schiti/Federico Vicentini
    Cyclops
    Jean Grey
    Wolverine (Logan)
    Storm
    Beast
    Gambit
    Rogue
    Jubilee

X-men by Al Ewing and Adam Kubert/Joshua Cassara
    Cable
    Bishop
    Wolverine (Laura)
    Forge
    Nightcrawler
    Psylocke (Kwannon)
    Sunspot
    Magik

Give Duggan X-Force and let him overhaul that book too. Make it a villain-centric book headed up by Sage and Danger (intel branch), trying to reform villains like Omega Red with Synch, Domino and Shatterstar as the field leaders. Something like that.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Also coordination was better before here they are already delaying delaying but when Hickman and Co was writing they had many books going, few delays, and it was all progressing forward in unity with a bigger team. Now it's your lucky if books come out when they are suppose to. And characters disappear in the middle of a story.
    The delays have nothing to do with writer coordination though. It’s all about current worldwide supply problems, particularly paper in this case.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver