Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member

Default Most unlikeable tv characters

Who are your choices for the most unlikeable characters on a tv series?

Here's a list that might help you remember some of them:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/25...rtan-ntp-feeds

Niffleheim

Sheldon Cooper (TBBT). I want to grind him to dust every time he speaks. He is insufferable.
    Kai Winn Adami (DS9). She raises my blood pressure with her religious zealotry and her niceness always triggered too many familiar personal issues lol
    Carrie Bradshaw and Mr. Big (SITC), She was so selfish and so unaware of it that Mr. Big commitment phobic self could dupe her again and again. They were so annoying
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Well, every villain in every well-written TV show ever. Both Joffrey and Ramsey from Game of Thrones come right to mind.

For unlikeable characters who aren't supposed to be villains...these are all characters who are unlikeable but still fun to watch, which is a very difficult tightrope for an actor to walk. So kudos to all these actors.

George Costanza from Seinfeld (Jason Alexander.)
    Gob Bluth on Arrested Development (Will Arnett)
    Edmund Blackadder from Blackadder (Rowan Atkinson)
    Barney Stinson from How I Met Your Mother (Neil Patrick Harris)
    Sawyer from Lost (Josh Holloway)
    Frank Burns from M*A*S*H (Larry Linville)
    Bill McNeal from Newsradio (Phil Hartman)
    Herb Tarlek from WKRP in Cincinnati (Frank Bonner)
    Dan Fielding from Night Court (John Larroquette)
    Louie de Palma from Taxi (Danny DeVito)
    Dr. Gregory House on House (Hugh Laurie)

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Both Joffrey and Ramsey from Game of Thrones come right to mind.
    They do really stand out. The actors don't almost don't get enough credit for how brilliant their performances were.

I remember I was talking to my sister once, and she hated Joffrey so much she almost couldn't admit Gleeson was a great actor (who was achieving everything he was aiming for), for a moment, she seem blinded to the fact that Joffrey wasn't a real person but just a fictional TV character.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 08-05-2022 at 06:03 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Its either one of these two:

Miko from Transformers Prime: This character reached a level of annoying that there hasn't been a word invented yet to describe it. Not only that, but she was absolutely useless too.

Raffi from Picard: While I loathed Burnham and Jiratti, Raffi reached this level of toxic I didn't think possible. I wouldn't trust this character to swab the decks let alone give her a high rank in Starfleet! Shame too, because I like Raffi's Actress, but I really don't want to see this character ever again (hopefully her role is extremely minor in Season 3 if I give it a chance)
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 08-05-2022 at 06:09 AM.

Some are unlikable for good reasons, (good writing and acting) like Joffrey and Ramsey in "GoT"

Some are unlikable because they're just ... awful like Erkel in "Family Matters" and Han on "Two Broke Girls."

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    ...Raffi from Picard: While I loathed Burnham and Jiratti, Raffi reached this level of toxic I didn't think possible. I wouldn't trust this character to swab the decks let alone give her a high rank in Starfleet! Shame too, because I like Raffi's Actress, but I really don't want to see this character ever again (hopefully her role is extremely minor in Season 3 if I give it a chance)
    Raffi is indeed one of the worse, IMHO. I refuse to root for her.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

For me, i would not pick a villain, who are supposed to be hated, or a character whose comedy comes from being insufferable, Like Dwight Shrute or Larry David. I would go with characters they want us to like but instead we can't stand. Hannah from Girls is the top one from that list. Also Elizabeth Keane from the Blacklist.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Well, every villain in every well-written TV show ever. Both Joffrey and Ramsey from Game of Thrones come right to mind.

For unlikeable characters who aren't supposed to be villains...these are all characters who are unlikeable but still fun to watch, which is a very difficult tightrope for an actor to walk. So kudos to all these actors.

George Costanza from Seinfeld (Jason Alexander.)
    Gob Bluth on Arrested Development (Will Arnett)
    Edmund Blackadder from Blackadder (Rowan Atkinson)
    Barney Stinson from How I Met Your Mother (Neil Patrick Harris)
    Sawyer from Lost (Josh Holloway)
    Bill McNeal from Newsradio (Phil Hartman)
    Herb Tarlek from WKRP in Cincinnati (Frank Bonner)
    Dan Fielding from Night Court (John Larroquette)
    Louie de Palma from Taxi (Danny DeVito)
    Dr. Gregory House on House (Hugh Laurie)
    Aw. I like (to root against) Frank Burns.

Frank Burns was a bad doctor that thought he was good and ignored everyone elses medical views because of it.

Winchester was a great doctor but he thought because he was the best everyone else was awful and mostly ignored everyone else because of it.

I am not sure which one is worse in the grand scheme of things.

Though to be fair Winchester did become more of a person then I think Frank would have ever become.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Sheldon’s mom is a hoot and a half. I like all of the early episodes where she shows up.

To me, Frank Burns and Winchester were on different shows. Burns was on the campy MASH, while Winchester was on the more grounded dramedy MASH. I dislike Frank a lot and not in a good way - he was too clownish and he dragged down the Margaret character.

First one I thought of.

The main character guy on that reality show, The Apprentice. Can't stand that dude.

Boisterously Confused

Bones' lead, Temperance Brennan. Emily Deschanel did a bang-up job of portraying the kind of overly-self-important prick one finds all too often in academia.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Frank Burns was a bad doctor that thought he was good and ignored everyone elses medical views because of it.

Winchester was a great doctor but he thought because he was the best everyone else was awful and mostly ignored everyone else because of it.

I am not sure which one is worse in the grand scheme of things.

Though to be fair Winchester did become more of a person then I think Frank would have ever become.
    One of my favorite things to say about M*A*S*H is that the war was probably the worst thing that happened in the lives of all the other characters, but it was probably the best possible thing that could have happened to Winchester.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    The main character guy on that reality show, The Apprentice. Can't stand that dude.
    It took me a minute to get this then I laughed my butt off.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.