Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

That fucking pervy kid with the sticky balls growing from his head in "My Hero Academia." Can't stand him, don't think he's funny.

Amazing Member

I just can't stand Beth Dutton from Yellowstone. She is so horrifically mean and they try to write her as some kind of super smart badass, but it just doesn't work for me.

To be fair, I kind of hate most of the Duttons. Kaycee and Monica and the ranch hands are the only really likeable characters on the show (though I feel some sympathy for Jamie).

Let’s not forget all the hated characters on Game of Thrones.

There’s the wise King Joffrey, of course.

Lord Ramsay Bolton and Queen Cersei weren’t too beloved, either.

Also, although most people were rooting for her, I never really liked Queen Daenerys Targaryen. Sure, she came from horrible circumstances surviving only by her own wits, and she did some good things, but in the end, she was the baddie. It turns out it was perfectly a-okay to dislike her for clear insanity and thirst for vengeance.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by tjarvis View Post
    I just can't stand Beth Dutton from Yellowstone. She is so horrifically mean and they try to write her as some kind of super smart badass, but it just doesn't work for me.

To be fair, I kind of hate most of the Duttons. Kaycee and Monica and the ranch hands are the only really likeable characters on the show (though I feel some sympathy for Jamie).
    Agree with all of this. I'm watching a marathon of this show and I loathe Beth more than just about any character I've ever seen on tv. But I really haven't found anyone on this show very likeable. Even the kid needs a spanking.

I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I thought most everyone on The Office was unlikable and that was the point. Another show I gave up on in the first season.
    That's a feeling I have about TV casts. If I feel the cast needs to go to a Moldavian wedding like the cast of Dynasty did, it's a show I'm not long for watching.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I love those ads - it's a "Mad Men" reunion! ("Flo" was in a scene where she was a phone operator at Sterling Cooper (with Kristen Schaal))
    She appeared in about five episodesw, had a few scenes with Joan and Peggy as well. Think her final one is with Peggy.

Speaking of Mad Men, never was a fan of Pete Campbell (although he does get some sympathy as his parents both have pretty bad fates). Wasn't a big fan of Paul either. Funny thing is Ken and Harry start off as unlikeable and likeable but are the opposite by the end of the series pretty much.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I hated Gina from "Bklyn-99" - utterly selfish character, yet they treated her like she was one of them.

Kenneth the page from "30 Rock" - he was fine at first, then they decided to give him way too much screentime and made him weirder and weirder, yet we were supposed to like him?

Booger on "Moonlighting." (yeah, I don't remember the character's actual name, but if you get the ref, you know) I know he only got more screentime because of behind the scenes stuff, but ... hated him. Worse when they paired him with Dipesto.

Tony Soprano - just an all-around horrible person

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post

She said that character ruined her teens years either guys were turned off my Nellie or turned on by Nellie and the turned-on ones made her wary.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    She said that character ruined her teens years either guys were turned off my Nellie or turned on by Nellie and the turned-on ones made her wary.
    I pulled the Alison Arngrim meme after I saw the post about the actor playing King Geoffrey in GoT. She was one of the first, I think, to bring that mix of character and actor to life.

More I go back to That 70's Show the less and less tolerance I have for Fez, especially by the later seasons when being a pervert pretty much becomes his entire character.

Ultimate Member

I have a weird disconnect where some characters are mean and bitchy to their friends like Cordelia on Buffy, or the doctor on House, and I totally love it. But then there's shows like Big Bang Theory or Seinfeld where it just grates on me how terrible these people are to their friends and I don't find it funny.

But for others, there's a certain level of smug that gets to me.

Star Trek: the Next Generation - Q. Oh, how I hated when he'd show up. So smarmy and full of himself. Like Edmund Blackadder with 0% of the humor.
    Deep Space 9. Kai Winn. The show had some delicious villains like Gul Dukat and Weyoun that were just *fun,* but she was totally hate-able. Which made her a great villain!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I have a weird disconnect where some characters are mean and bitchy to their friends like Cordelia on Buffy, or the doctor on House, and I totally love it. But then there's shows like Big Bang Theory or Seinfeld where it just grates on me how terrible these people are to their friends and I don't find it funny.

But for others, there's a certain level of smug that gets to me.

Star Trek: the Next Generation - Q. Oh, how I hated when he'd show up. So smarmy and full of himself. Like Edmund Blackadder with 0% of the humor.
    Deep Space 9. Kai Winn. The show had some delicious villains like Gul Dukat and Weyoun that were just *fun,* but she was totally hate-able. Which made her a great villain!
    Whenever Kai Winn would say, "...my child" with that smile on her face, I wanted to punch her. Great villain, who was in a position of power that made her totally untouchable.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Retired

There's a difference between a character you love to hate and a character you just hate.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Whenever Kai Winn would say, "...my child" with that smile on her face, I wanted to punch her. Great villain, who was in a position of power that made her totally untouchable.
    Yes! So condescending and smug and self-righteous. She was just utterly hate-able!