Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Would You Read A Schism II?

We had Civil War and a few years later the X-Men suffered thei own shattering when Cyclops and Wolverine's relationship went to a head after Scott deciced to use the 5 Light Mutants against a new powerful Sentinel and Indie killing some people.
    Some time later, we were introduced to Civil War II as a promotional gesture to support Captain America Civil War. In this Tony went face to fist against his former supporter Carol Danvers when an Inhuman named Ulysses emerged with the power of predicting possible future events.

Would you like to see a Schism II storyline in which(let's say) Scott goes against Xavier?

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I would because I'm weak and gullible when it comes to the X-Men but I wouldn't want to see another X-Men civil war regardless of what the factions are.

That said... I guarantee you 100% it is going to happen sooner or later, and is especially likely in this current era and its extreme stance on things.

I'll read anything X Related at this point. I could see a Krakoa vs Arakko based split being good. Theres already tension there, and it'd be a fun time to bring Apocalypse back.

I’m in the minority here, but didn’t hate Schism. I thought it could’ve been better executed and particularly the characters’ motivations in the case of Scott and Logan because, for one thing, it seemed to be a complete 180-degree turn for both of them — with Scott going full blown militant and Logan suddenly wanting to protect the youth, after decades of mentoring young trainees (Kitty Pryde, Jubilee, Cannonball, Armor) and, yes, allowing them to engage in combat. In fact, way back in the Claremont/Byrne days he and Scott actually argued opposite sides of this very debate over Kitty!

So a deeper dive into why those two suddenly reversed positions would’ve probably made this a much better event for longtime fans invested in these characters. For example, remember that Logan had just killed his own son, Daken, by drowning him in a puddle at the end of Remender’s Uncanny X-Force run. He was clearly traumatized from this and had PTSD, as he had walked away from X-Force too. The man was drowning in grief and trying to make his life mean something going forward, and not just be the “ends justifies the means” guy anymore. Is that hypocritical? Maybe. Depends on your perspective I suppose. But it would at least have put you in his headspace so you could better understand as the reader why he was basically saying at this point, “Everything I’ve been doing until now was wrong; and from here on out it’s about these kids and the next generation of mutants, because if I’m not sheltering them from this $#!t, and preventing them from turning into someone as screwed up and traumatized as me, what in the hell is it all for?”

Same thing with Scott. Look at where he was at that point in time and all he’d been through, and really examine why suddenly he was basically saying, “No, Logan, you were right. You’ve always been right. So was Magneto. And my son, Nathan. They hate us and they always will, so we must fight for our very survival as soldiers.” I mean, at this point in time they were facing extinction and Scott had done the math — he always does the math — and every single mutant life was now that much more precious and worth fighting for. So I think in that context you can also make his flip make perfect sense.

So to me the only reason it wasn’t a better event is that nobody took my own headcanon above and used that to explain the lead characters’ motivations in it. Since I had my own headcanon firmly in my brain, it helped me to enjoy it I suppose.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Absolutely not. I'd skip it like I skipped CWII.

If it ever did happen that'd probably be a point where I jump off the books for six or so months again until the slog blew over. Couldn't be any less interested in mutants going to war with mutants for the 9999th time.

I'd honestly rather read about a bake sale on Krakoa with Wanda themed cookies.
    Last edited by CoCoBandz; 09-13-2022 at 06:17 AM.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Even mutants going to war with evil mutants? Let’s say Apocalypse and his family return to Earth/Krakoa and decide to take over the planet for some reason. This would technically be a “schism” because he was previously on the Quiet Council and working with Krakoa, and now he’d be working against them.

To me it basically depends on the story.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Technically it would be schism III. Schism I was in x-treme when Storm and co left during the New X-men era, Schism II was Scott and wolverine.

Most likely i wouldn't be interested but never say never.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I would read it and I believe things are heading in that direction but have zero interest in actually seeing it.

Wasnt Arakko/Krakos a Schism of sort already?
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

It might get interesting if the young ones depart and go their own way. Like the New Mutants/X-Force did once.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

I'd read it because I have no self-control when it comes to our mutants but I wouldn't want a major divide. I'm most interested in seeing the QC perhaps refusing to relinquish control against a movement demanding elections.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Given the sheer absurdity of the current scenario where being a technical mutant seems to be the only thing that anyone cares about, regardless of how monstrous and unrepentant the individuals are, or even if the majority of their crimes were committed on other mutants, in which everyone seems to be buying into a totally fabricated society that from it's inception was nothing but red flags... not sure I'd read it, but definitely needs to happen.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Only and Only If it made sense (unlike the previous one)...and not written by Gillenister.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Only if it was the New X-Men finally getting fed up with being constantly treated like children and telling Xavier to @#$% off.

Surge would lead the revolt, taking all of the A-X students, including the ones who got rez'ed and repowered; just because they brought you back to life doesn't change the fact the adults got them killed in the FIRST place. Maybe it's revealed that the only reason they had been so compliant with Krakoa is because Xavier was basically brainwashing them every time they're resurrected. The clue would be Jay, who comes back completely happy and ecstatic about being a mutant even though no one has ever addressed the reasons WHY he hated himself and wanted to die in the FIRST place (Julia being a flatscan and thus being dead at all). Nori realizes something is off, and rallies all of the other younger X-Men. The NXM realize that not only is Xavier mind-controlling them into Lotus Eaters, but the VERY REAL TRAUMA they experienced in the aftermath of M-Day has only been wallpapered over and never actually addressed.

Hellion, obviously, jumps on the bandwagon, as he's probably the one kid the X-Men's system failed the WORST, putting him at odds with Emma. He brings Mercury and Dust along, also citing what happened to Rockslide's botched resurrection. Laura, who very nearly lost Gabby as a result of Krakoan policy and the various machinations around the Shadow King, joins on the NXM's side as well, reuniting her with her class and creating an opportunity to address her own shitty behavior towards her friends.

Only if is a "Good relationship" one.

Some Mutants go back to the school but everything is ok with Krakoa nobody hating nobody.

A "Amicable Schism"+