Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

But we all know how Rachel emotionally pressured her to become this kind of "mother" to her...poor Jean, I always feel super bad for her being pressured taking care of a grown-up child from an alternative future she never wanted to have in the first place...at least adopting Cable was her own decision.

...as if being responsible for all creation is not a full-time job for Jean already.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    But we all know how Rachel emotionally pressured her to become this kind of "mother" to her...poor Jean, I always feel super bad for her being pressured taking care of a grown-up child from an alternative future she never wanted to have in the first place...at least adopting Cable was her own decision.

...as if being responsible for all creation is not a full-time job for Jean already.
    She grew as a person. However, if we go by Claremont's canon, Rachel is Jean's daughter, and Jean is a multiversal being, a cosmic force "second only to the Creator."

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

LMAO, one page in and Jean's fans are already in full force having a fit about a joke.

Anyway, Wolverine and teenage girl team-up has been done to death.

Its Obvious that Rogue´s hate Ms Marvel´s is kinda her thing.

This feels like a missed opportunity to have Kamala team up with a couple of the younger X-Men.

Very excited about this issue. I feel like there hasn't been a lot of Kamala Khan in the comics lately. After her TV series, I hope that changes. And given how that ended, I hope this sets the stage for more team-ups with the X-Men.

Because, if I'm being honest, the Inhumans don't deserve her. And they never did.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

lets cure Kamala of her Inhuman sickness.

I mean make every Inhuman a mutant and we done.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    Honestly wouldn't surprise me if that was the whole purpose of this series.
    I mean, it makes sense to me that they would. I think they will.

Mighty Member

Making Ms. Marvel a mutant is worthless in the comics. Cause her entire narrative focus doesn't deal with it. You could make her a fucking alien if you wanted, it'd be equally dumb unless you want to drop her on Krakoa... which'd undermines her main focus which is being a pakistani youth in america

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    So Kamala is still an Inhuman despite the MCU teaser in her Disney+ series ?, interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    It might change in this Issue. Wolverine: "Oh by the way your a Mutant"
    I now envision Kamala awkwardly falling through a Krakoan gateway during this adventure...
    Last edited by Thirteen; 08-05-2022 at 07:20 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I don't know if comics and movies are that integrated anymore- remember they retconned Carol's origin completely at the time of the movie, only for the film to play it straight, just gender-bending Mar-vell. So, it might be that the writers of this story had no idea of what was going to happen in the series, and this was just an attempt to cash in, with Kamala being a mutant a complete coincidence.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    This feels like a missed opportunity to have Kamala team up with a couple of the younger X-Men.
    True, but they probably want launch a new series out of this, so they need that Wolverine money.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    I want to like this, but why does Rogue and Jean come off as Assholes?
    And it immediately took me out, the art is nice. But can't writers come up with a more compelling reason for Wolverine to connect with Ms. Marvel, without Jean or Rogue two of the most welcoming X-men coming off as jerks. Could have also been a great opportunity to use Cyclops being the one who vouched for Ms. Marvel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    And it immediately took me out, the art is nice. But can't writers come up with a more compelling reason for Wolverine to connect with Ms. Marvel, without Jean or Rogue two of the most welcoming X-men coming off as jerks. Could have also been a great opportunity to use Cyclops being the one who vouched for Ms. Marvel.
    How is that making any difference if he replaces Wolverine? The main problem is how Jean and Rogue were written. Also I am pretty sure Cyclops contacts Kamala later in this book.

I'd honestly buy 2 lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    THis x 1000 in this post death era of the X-Men, using the same 10 or 15 people is A) not taking advantage of having a HUUUUUUGE cast to focus on B) kinda lazy C)boring etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    Making Ms. Marvel a mutant is worthless in the comics. Cause her entire narrative focus doesn't deal with it. You could make her a fucking alien if you wanted, it'd be equally dumb unless you want to drop her on Krakoa... which'd undermines her main focus which is being a pakistani youth in america
    Calm down MEdusa...we all know its YOu
    Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    How is that making any difference if he replaces Wolverine? The main problem is how Jean and Rogue were written. Also I am pretty sure Cyclops contacts Kamala later in this book.
    lol right??
    GrindrStone(D)