Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Mighty Member

I dunno how the **** you could even remotely self insert into Kamala of all characters.

That character is ridiculously layered in very strange ways.

Kamala is a super hero fangirl who got super powers.
    Not so hard to self insert, IMO.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Excuse me. Yeah, hi. Don't talk smack about my girl Kamala. She's great.
    I can tell from all those huge sales numbers that have kept her from repeatedly having her solos canceled.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I didn't watch the show, so I can't comment on it. But I'm standing by my girl Kamala, and I know a lot of people do as well.
    I'm not just talking about the Disney Plus version. The show and the comic versions a re equally terrible. The fact that they had to give her different powers and insinuate that she's a mutant might be telling though.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    I dunno how the **** you could even remotely self insert into Kamala of all characters.
    If you don't know what the term means then don't reply. She's a self insert of her creator. Much like the Mariko Tamaki, "I'm not Starfire" for DC.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    That character is ridiculously layered in very strange ways.
    Hysterical!

Quote Originally Posted by PlotDevice View Post
    I can tell from all those huge sales numbers that have kept her from repeatedly having her solos canceled.
    Her solos still sold better than the solos of any X-men who are not Cable or Wolverine.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PlotDevice View Post
    If you don't know what the term means then don't reply. She's a self insert of her creator. Much like the Mariko Tamaki, "I'm not Starfire" for DC.
    You think the Pakistani immigrant teenager is a self insert of a white woman

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    To be fair, Marvel/Disney tells everyone that Salma Amanat created her instead of G. Willow Wilson.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

This thread is going in wonderful directions, I see. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    To be fair, Marvel/Disney tells everyone that Salma Amanat created her instead of G. Willow Wilson.
    Sana Amanat. I think they both deserve the credit. Sana wanted a Muslim teenage superhero, and as the editor was probably also the one who decided she was to be connected to Carol Danvers (though the Inhuman thing undoubtedly came from the editor in chief, considering she's now saying she wanted Kamala to be a mutant all along, like she is in the show). Willow was the one who had her be from New Jersey and came up with other finer details (supporting cast, villains). The artist, Adrian Alphona, was the one who came up the exact depiction of her powers (the artist who first drew her in Carol's book depicted it as more like hulking out instead).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Her solos still sold better than the solos of any X-men who are not Cable or Wolverine.
    When American comic sales are in general miniscule compared to what they were 15 years ago.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    her creator is a Pakistani woman. What are you talking about?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I know who they let take credit for the character. And what is Willow Wilson all about?

Astonishing Member

Wow, someone woke up and chose violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sana Amanat. I think they both deserve the credit. Sana wanted a Muslim teenage superhero, and as the editor was probably also the one who decided she was to be connected to Carol Danvers (though the Inhuman thing undoubtedly came from the editor in chief, considering she's now saying she wanted Kamala to be a mutant all along, like she is in the show). Willow was the one who had her be from New Jersey and came up with other finer details (supporting cast, villains). The artist, Adrian Alphona, was the one who came up the exact depiction of her powers (the artist who first drew her in Carol's book depicted it as more like hulking out instead).
    Well said, the fact you had to clarify this says a lot about how this thread descended into nonsense.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.