Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    It wouldnt have been canceled either way. He even canceled Scooby Doo which is the whitest you can get.
    Which reminds me, what's the status on Mindy Kaling's Indian Velma HBO Max show?

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    I wonder how fast it would've taken WBD/Zaslav to cancel/shut down The Flash if it had been about a black woman of Hispanic descent (hello, Leslie Grace!) instead of a white cisgender male (yes, I know Ezra identifies as non-binary. They still play a cisgender white dude in The Flash).
    Do we know for sure Flash is straight? It could be like Aqualad in Young Justice where we just didn't see Flash's other relationships...

Either way, I do think dealing with the Flash is a tough problem I'm glad I don't have to solve, but WBD needs to move on from Miller. This person can't be one of the primary faces of the DCEU.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Which reminds me, what's the status on Mindy Kaling's Indian Velma HBO Max show?
    No word yet. We only have a screen cap of it.

It probably will be released though, since it's more adult oriented. It's the preschool animation and live action shows that they are cutting.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Not much he can do. The tax breaks would be to little for a $300mil film and i doubt they'll want to pour more into it to switch him out properly
    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    $300 million dollars! Have mercy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, these studio films in general have gotten pretty out of hand in terms of budget. Flash would have to reach a billion to break even and that's something not even BvS did.
    I was shocked when I learned that this had as much effects shows as Infinity War.

That's crazy. It's a Flash movie. It shouldn't be this expensive and it should never have been a reboot.

I bet they were counting on Batman and the JL cameos to bring in the billions.

Honestly, I wish they would just release it and get it over with at this point.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    More popular =/= more iconic. A relatively small portion of the world watches movies. If you ask random people on the street to name one superhero they know, you will still get more Superman replies than Batman replies.

Also the rest of your post was besides the point TBH. WW being treated poorly is not Clark's fault. But Superman will always be treated well because he is the OG superhero. His brand recognition is unparalleled among superheroes. DC doesn't have to do work in promoting him. For Diana, they actually have to start making an effort which they are lazy to do. That's on the execs, not Superman.
    False. TV, movies etc are consumed by a far bigger number than comics. Batman is far more presence in media. In all formats. TV, movies, toys, videogames etc. You can bet more people know him than SM.

WW being treated poorly and used as Superman's punching bag has to do with sexism. Ironically since DC loves to use her to sell and save face to female audiences and feminism. She is the most iconic and well known female hero. She sells a lot of merchandise. Her movie was a big hit. Yet she is still thrown under the bus. It goes to show that being the most iconic and successful female, means nothing in a sexist industry. SM nowadays is not a bigger money maker than her at BO. His title sells in the same range as hers, yet he deserves a good treatment while she doesn't? Sexism.

DC doesn't need to make an effor with SM? The guy has been a flop at the box office for more than 4 decades. And his title is a flop too. Batman, Spiderman, Ironman etc are more popular and successful than him. WW too in movies has surpassed him in curreten media. So...
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 08-09-2022 at 08:26 AM.

Has anyone checked out Discovery+?

I just sampled it and, no offense to the artisans and crews, but it seems filled with trash TV. I guess they are going to benefit alot from getting the scripted content from HBOMAX. At least they will have some fare with a story

Edit: the last 5 tabs are its saving grace. OWN, Planet Earth, Animal Planet, Science Channel, and A&E provide a much needed break in the endless sea of dreadful reality TV
    Last edited by Stanlos; 08-09-2022 at 03:55 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    False. TV, movies etc are consumed by a far bigger number than comics. Batman is far more presence in media. In all formats. TV, movies, toys, videogames etc. You can bet more people know him than SM.

WW being treated poorly and used as Superman's punching bag has to do with sexism. Ironically since DC loves to use her to sell and save face to female audiences and feminism. She is the most iconic and well known female hero. She sells a lot of merchandise. Her movie was a big hit. Yet she is still thrown under the bus. It goes to show that being the most iconic and successful female, means nothing in a sexist industry. SM nowadays is not a bigger money maker than her at BO. His title sells in the same range as hers, yet he deserves a good treatment while she doesn't? Sexism.

DC doesn't need to make an effor with SM? The guy has been a flop at the box office for more than 4 decades. And his title is a flop too. Batman, Spiderman, Ironman etc are more popular and successful than him. WW too in movies has surpassed him in curreten media. So...
    WW would have been a box office flop with Snyder at the helm too. She would also probably have been a box office flop if a movie was made before the CBM explosion. Her sequel didn't exactly light the box office on fire, even though it was streamed while in theatres. The reviews were middling. Man of Steel did okay at the BO, it didn't really flop. Maybe disappointed.

I just find it odd why you have to compare Superman to WW. He is not taking away anything from her in terms of sales or media. He is the OG and caters to more males. WW is more for females, even though there are lots of males that read her comics and watched her movies. I also found it odd you mentioned her tv show being successful since it was in the 70's. That's over 4 decades ago.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I just find it odd why you have to compare Superman to WW. He is not taking away anything from her in terms of sales or media.
    With all due respect, you're new here aren't you?
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    With all due respect, you're new here aren't you?
    Yes, it's quite interesting the die hard loyalty or even narrow mindedness of fans in all kinds of different threads.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Yes, it's quite interesting the die hard loyalty or even narrow mindedness of fans in all kinds of different threads.
    Condescend much?

Extraordinary Member

Just to clarify, I'm mostly speaking in terms of one particular poster whose sole purpose seems to be comparing the two.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I'm not a fan of Zack Snyder's. I find most of his work overinflated, dour, overly dramatic, dark, and dripping with self-importance.

HOWEVER:

I found his Justice League movie to be phenomenal and light years better than the Joss Whedon version, which I struggled to finish.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

WW would have been a box office flop with Snyder at the helm too. She would also probably have been a box office flop if a movie was made before the CBM explosion. Her sequel didn't exactly light the box office on fire, even though it was streamed while in theatres. The reviews were middling. Man of Steel did okay at the BO, it didn't really flop. Maybe disappointed.

I just find it odd why you have to compare Superman to WW. He is not taking away anything from her in terms of sales or media. He is the OG and caters to more males. WW is more for females, even though there are lots of males that read her comics and watched her movies. I also found it odd you mentioned her tv show being successful since it was in the 70's. That's over 4 decades ago.
    SM has had flops at BO for over 4 decades now. WW84 had streaming released at the same time during a global lockdown. Context matters.

I am comparing because even though WW has been making money for DC. More than SM at BO nowadays. And her title sells in the same range as his title. She still gets thrown under the bus to be his punching bag binstead of getting more respect.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    I'm sure batman is more iconic and well known than him by now. WW sells tons of merchandising too. And has been doing better at Box Office. Yet she still gets thrown under the bus in favor of superman in all JL stories. So yeah. He is holding her back. Because sexist people of the industry still can't let go of white straight privilage. And this doesn't mean that he has to be cancelled. It means that WW is not allowed to have the same amount of exposure, projects and of course power level. She is put in her place by Hierarchy to be the punching bag of straight white men mostly. Even when she has done more than enough proving her potential as a franchise.
    No she doesn’t. When was the last time he benefitted at her expense in a JL story? Are you still whining about the JL films? Get over it mystical, nobody likes those films and nobody thinks Whedon or Snyder were a good fit for JL. She has another movie coming and a video game, WW fans do not have it that bad. You want to see someone who has really been screwed over go look at GL and Aquaman. Arthur can’t even hold an ongoing despite his billion dollar movie. GL as a franchise has fallen from neck and neck with Batman to zero ongoings currently. That’s what true disrespect and mismanagement look like.
    Last edited by Vordan; 08-09-2022 at 06:29 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    No she doesn’t. When was the last time he benefitted at her expense in a JL story? Are you still whining about the JL films? Get over it mystical, nobody likes those films and nobody thinks Whedon or Snyder were a good fit for JL. She has another movie coming and a video game, WW fans do not have it that bad. You want to see someone who has really been screwed over go look at GL and Aquaman. Arthur can’t even hold an ongoing despite his billion dollar movie. GL as a franchise has fallen from neck and neck with Batman to zero ongoings currently. That’s what true disrespect and mismanagement look like.
    JL movie yes. And injustice, dceased, son of kal el, and literally all the JL comics till these days. Where she is a glorified poster and nothing more. While Superman alwways gets to do something. I don't care about GL and AQ dear. Those characters getting bad treatment doesn't change the fact that the so called most important and iconic female in comics has a guinness record of being treated like trash by the company that swears she is so important. SM's white straight privilage needs to stop. She shouldn't be his punching bag, when he can't even make the big numbers that the real money cow batman does. WW at this point has more than earned the right to be more than Superman's punching bag.