Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Well, yeah, batman is more popular. I don't deny it, but Superman is the real deal in terms of cultural influence. Also, no Batman wouldn't exist without Superman. He was created in 1939 following Superman's success.

The influence is there with Akira Toriyama, just gotta know where to look. Such as Videl and Gohan, which was almost a parody (unless anyone knows another famous Japanese fictional couple like Superman and Lois Lane). Also the whole bulletproof (but still hurts) with Goku in the first chapter of Dragon Ball. So., I correct myself. Superman helped open the door for Speed Racer. https://www.lambiek.net/artists/y/yoshida_tatsuo.htm, but fourteen volumes worth of stories in one year is pretty incredible (the Superman manga apparently lasted one year, 1959-1960). My only wishful thinking is I wish I knew more. Apparently, in 1983 Osamu Tezuka was made an honorary member of the Superman Fan Club in Japan. I didn't even know there was a Superman fan club in Japan.

Anyways, let's get back to the topic.
    BM is more influemtial and iconic. And DBZ has far more to do with journey to the west than SM.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    Over the years I’ve come to expect very little from WB when it comes to anything on screen for WW. So whenever she does get a live action or animated film I treat it as a major bonus. I think she gets mostly treated worse than Superman and Batman. But then Superman gets treated worse than Batman who is WB’s golden son.
    Me too. I have no hopes or expectations anymore.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    I was hyped for the 2nd WW movie, in spite of the 1980's backdrop. The first trailer with Blue Monday - Sebastian Bohm music was looking and sounding great. Then subsequent trailers came out and I started losing my faith that the sequel would follow the first movies lead. Then I did hear some people saying that they depowered WW throughout most of the movie as well as what the Cheetah looked like and I was pretty sure we had a stinker on our hands. The only positive note that came out of subscribing HBOMax to see the movie was all the DC content in terms of animation and original programming. Love Doom Patrol, Titans is garbage (I do like Wondergirl though) and I like Harley Quinn animated series.

I don't mind long movies, but when I am looking at my phone to see what the time is, then I definitely know it is too long.
    Ww84 trailer was the best I've seen in a superhero movie in ages. I got so hyped seeing her run down the street I was like oh shes using her super speed! Her yelling hiyaaaa(I love her battle screams) then throwing the lasso ugh I thought I was watching the Justice League cartoon. Patty needs to let go of the lynda carter nostalgia influence it really f**ked up Diana's power level

Spectacular Member

I loved her in Justice League action she was powerful & had great martial arts skills too. I loved when she does a low spin to dodge an attack. Like in the dc universe online opening fight

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    BM is more influemtial and iconic. And DBZ has far more to do with journey to the west than SM.
    Bruh... (10char)

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    We will see. DC-WB trackrecord with WW is terrible. And this guy, based on what i know about him, doesn't look like a good influence for the WW franchise.
    If Zaslav wanted, he could've canceled WW3, but he didn't. He clearly sees value in Diana (and Gal Gadot).
    Last edited by DABellWrites; 08-13-2022 at 03:58 PM.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    Ww84 trailer was the best I've seen in a superhero movie in ages. I got so hyped seeing her run down the street I was like oh shes using her super speed! Her yelling hiyaaaa(I love her battle screams) then throwing the lasso ugh I thought I was watching the Justice League cartoon. Patty needs to let go of the lynda carter nostalgia influence it really f**ked up Diana's power level
    I have no problem with the Lynda Carter cameo, but if you think it was because of nostalgia influence that WW84 was a bad movie then I think you are way off the mark. I think it had more to do with the free reign that they let Patty have due to the success of the first movie than anything else. Let Patty stay away from primary writing duties and action sequences. She can direct the rest then just fine.

Also, Patty should know better about what Diana should be able to do on a power scale.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    I have no problem with the Lynda Carter cameo, but if you think it was because of nostalgia influence that WW84 was a bad movie then I think you are way off the mark. I think it had more to do with the free reign that they let Patty have due to the success of the first movie than anything else. Let Patty stay away from primary writing duties and action sequences. She can direct the rest then just fine.

Also, Patty should know better about what Diana should be able to do on a power scale.
    I never understood why they never hired a Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon-level choreographer for the Wonder Woman films. Diana is supposed to be this amazing hand-to-hand combatant, DC's "best melee fighter." But none of the fight scenes ever rise to the heights of "Amazing Amazon."

Of the two, the first movie was better, but I can't say either lived up to my expectations, especially after seeing a movie like the aforementioned Crouching.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    I never understood why they never hired a Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon-level choreographer for the Wonder Woman films. Diana is supposed to be this amazing hand-to-hand combatant, DC's "best melee fighter." But none of the fight scenes ever rise to the heights of "Amazing Amazon."

Of the two, the first movie was better, but I can't say either lived up to my expectations, especially after seeing a movie like the aforementioned Crouching.
    On a scale of 1-10, the first movie was a solid 8 with the 3rd act being a let down to give it the '8' score. WW84 I would rate at a 3 or 4, just horrible in terms of writing, plotting and action.

Yes, they need their own superhero version of a John Wick action choreographer.

Not sure the problems of WW84 are any more Patty-specific than the positives of the original are. I think maybe she tried and succeeded the first time, but then tried and mostly failed in round 2.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Not sure the problems of WW84 are any more Patty-specific than the positives of the original are. I think maybe she tried and succeeded the first time, but then tried and mostly failed in round 2.
    From what I understand, WW84 was all Patty's baby from directing to writing. She did not have extensive writing duties in the first movie.

Niffleheim

Not just Patty the story was by Patty Jerkins and Geoff Johns.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    In the original, she didn't have the creative control as she did in WW84. Hopefully, she doesn't all that much creative control in WW3 but to a certain extent. I'd rather see Patty's WW than anything else, at least she gets it (minus Diana raping a man of course).

Now for some real news:

HBO Max 'skews male' and has 'appointment viewing,' while Discovery+ 'skews female' and has 'comfort viewing'. This graphic shows how the services differ ahead of their merging next summer.

EDIT: I have no idea why business insider dot com is censored on this site. Here is a link, just remove the space between business and insider:

https://www.business insider.com/hbo-max-skews-male-home-fandoms-discovery-plus-genredoms-merger-2022-8

Here is an actual graphic from Discovery that shows how they view each service:

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly