Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Superman will forever be the most iconic superhero and he sells tons of merchandising. His success is not what's preventing Diana from reaching the same heights.
    It kinda does when him being DC's favorite son deters DC from using the same endless marketing resources on her that they use on him. EVery single time I go into a Wal-Mart, I still hate not seeing any bedspreads, backpacks, t-shirts, pencil sets, coloring books or toys with Diana's likeness or her villains. I see all of those with Supes' face slapped on them. And let's not even get into Batman and/or Joker: https://darkknightnews.com/2022/01/1...l-the-batcave/
    Yes, I know their iconic stature is the reason, but damn...should DC not try to do the same for their iconic superheroine, who still is unparalleled when it comes to pop culture penetration and universal recognizability among female superheroes? (yes, despite the mega success of the Captain Marvel film and all things Wanda Maximoff, Wonder Woman is still, by far, comic books' best known/recognized super lady. But you would not know that from the flimsy variety of WW-related merchandise out there)...
    Last edited by HestiasHearth; 08-08-2022 at 12:31 PM.