Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Praise Hera, The game is the only Wonder Woman media, I am looking forward too. Hopefully it is Wonder Woman and not Xena the warrior game
    Haha. I don't work for WB Games, so I don't want to come off as some authority. However, based on the little teaser they showed, it seemed they were focusing on her grace and majesty. The game is also taking heavy influence from the first movie based on the small teaser and the voice that sounded a lot like Connie Nielson.

They also talked a lot about the Nemesis System. I didn't play those Shadow games, but it based on the description of the Wonder Woman game, it's about her turning enemies into allies and forging news collaborations. Since the first Wonder Woman movie, Warrior Woman doesn't seem as popular.

That being said, some Xena Warrior Princess/Warrior Woman is required since this is a video game that would more than likely be at least 10 hours long, and I want some epic boss battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Europe didn't create racism and race. That has existed since ancient times. It's present in every part of the world. For example, The Ottomans and Arabs preferred white slaves instead of black slaves. Because they were more valuable and beautiful to them. They even allowed white slaves to gain their freedom and rise to higher functions of power, but black slaves couldn't. In one instance a sultan complained because he got a black slave instead of a white one.
    Proudly Afro and Syro-Lebanese (and other stuff) American guy, over here...

White slaves, particularly the Northern Euro variety, were preferred by many Arab households, because their whiteness made it more difficult and less likely for them to succeed at escaping and hiding among dark Arabs and dark North Africans, who were numerous, in that part of the world.

I live in the DC/NOVA area, and it tickles me to death how many USAF, other servicemen and defense contractors, upon returning from work in the UAE, ..are shocked at how many irrefutably black and dark-skinned, vulgarly wealthy Arabs, they saw and worked for (security, etc). I overheard a conversation, between two AF guys, at an Arlington Starbucks that nearly choked me, with laughter. One of them went on and on about how 'black' the family, he worked for, was, ..and how surprised he was by how many other black and dark Arabs he saw, being waited on and fussed over by their servants. I wasn't amused or entertained by the expressed prejudices in the conversation, of course.

It was their responses to socio-political and cultural truths, beyond our borders, that I found inspiring and hopeful...joyful, also.

Pale blond, red-haired and blue-eyed white slaves, attractive or ugly, stood out in the Arab world of the old Ottoman Empire. They were certainly exotic status symbols for their Arab oppressors and favored for that, as much as for their poor prospects to escape their fates. No contest with what you contributed about their being given prized, high-profile tasks in Arab homes, to keep them out front and impressing their visitors - slaveholding houses did the same thing to light-skinned African, East Indian and European slaves in America.

My Near Eastern ancestors - eventually settling in Roanoke, VA - fled the Levant, sometime in the 1870s, fleeing adverse conditions, created by European expansion and the consequential decline of the Ottoman Empire's grip on the Near East. They were Arab Christians, Maronites, and, while accepted as 'Caucasian', ..exhibited a mix of varying complexions and hair types.

I encourage all of you to research the truly AMAZING story of the Moors, the Ottoman Empire, its decline and of the migration of Near East and Arab people into the Europe, Latin America and the US. For some of us, it will be the greatest story, never told, ..and I am still learning new things about it, myself, today. Unbelievable!

No "Europe didn't create racism and race", but, the peculiarities of how the Anglo-Saxons, Dutch, Scots-Irish, French and Spanish exploited the racial characteristics of non-white people ..certainly shaped what we generally consider Western racism.

If the Bana'zons are ever portrayed in a livac WW movie, I hope all of the above is taken into consideration. They haven't been frolicking on a magic, invisible island for thousands of years. It would be interesting to see the difference in how their interracial, all-female society of freedom-fighters has interacted with the patriarchal, race-hysterical world around them, ..since classical times. It would be even greater to see how Diana and her new cast will deal with all of that! Of course, with what I'm hearing about this Zaslav chap and what he's getting up to...

Don't count on it?
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 08-07-2022 at 05:21 PM. Reason: colors
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Didnt he say he was gonna focus on Wonder Woman[?]. Looks like good news.
    He did not say such thing. I repeat, he did not say such a thing. It is critical for WW fans NOT to believe everything you read online.
    Here's the 6-minute audio in which Zaslav himself name-drops Wonder Woman as part of a list of properties (Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman) that he acknowledges are "known everywhere in the world." But at no point he says anything like "we are going to focus on Wonder Woman."

https://www.reddit.com/r/DC_Cinemati..._plans_for_dc/

His listing could simply imply that all those 4 characters will always be included in any big, long-term plan, but that could just be in regard to team projects. Also, the order in which he mentions each character reflects the same ole same ole "hierarchy" that pop culture has pushed forever: Bat and Supes first, then Wonder Woman, then Aquaman. These are long-standing sociocultural paradigms that are hard to move beyond, so I would not assume that he is going to focus on either WW or Aquaman too much. I will be the first one to admit I was wrong and eat crow if he actually does focus on WW and Aquaman with the same fervor and utilizing the same marketing resources he will surely use on Clark and Bruce.
    Last edited by HestiasHearth; 08-08-2022 at 12:41 AM.

So far there seems to be this idea Gal will be in multiple Dc movies

https://www.cbr.com/gal-gadot-upcomi...ros-dc-movies/

This has been popping up in other places

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    So far there seems to be this idea Gal will be in multiple Dc movies

https://www.cbr.com/gal-gadot-upcomi...ros-dc-movies/

This has been popping up in other places
    Besides a couple of possible cameos, he was just talking about the fact that they are still a go for WW3. Nothing we haven't heard from before.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    He did not say such thing. I repeat, he did not say such a thing. It is critical for WW fans NOT to believe everything you read online.
    Here's the 6-minute audio in which Zaslav himself name-drops Wonder Woman as part of a list of properties (Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman) that he acknowledges are "known everywhere in the world." But at no point he says anything like "we are going to focus on Wonder Woman."

https://www.reddit.com/r/DC_Cinemati..._plans_for_dc/

His listing could simply imply that all those 4 characters will always be included in any big, long-term plan, but that could just be in regard to team projects. Also, the order in which he mentions each character reflects the same ole same ole "hierarchy" that pop culture has pushed forever: Bat and Supes first, then Wonder Woman, then Aquaman. These are long-standing sociocultural paradigms that are hard to move beyond, so I would not assume that he is going to focus on either WW or Aquaman too much. I will be the first one to admit I was wrong and eat crow if he actually does focus on WW and Aquaman with the same fervor and utilizing the same marketing resources he will surely use on Clark and Bruce.
    Aquaman is the most successful DC movie yet cant break the Hierarchy

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Aquaman is the most successful DC movie yet cant break the Hierarchy
    I wonder. What is stopping Aquaman and Wonder Woman from getting as much love as superman nowadays? Superman hasn't had a hit movie in 4 decades. His main title sells in the same range as WW. and it's been this way for a while. So why is he still getting especial treatment. What other reason there is other than sexism, white straight privilage? From a money making point. AQ and WW have proven to be more successful in the current era. So why should they have to be SM's punching bags?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Apart from his IP still being wildly successful and being the FIRST superhero?

He hasn't had a solo film in a decade. No animated series in a decade (yes, has one coming up) and no solo dtv in a hot minute.

He's the ultimate A lister and will forever be, like Brad Pitt.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Apart from his IP still being wildly successful and being the FIRST superhero?

He hasn't had a solo film in a decade. No animated series in a decade (yes, has one coming up) and no solo dtv in a hot minute.

He's the ultimate A lister and will forever be, like Brad Pitt.
    And WW? The first solo female hero. Most iconic female hero. Feminist LGTB icon. Successful TV show. Super accaimed and successful movie and all. Forever an a lister. Yet she still has to be the superman punching bag? Why? He is not making more money than her in movies nowadays. His comic title is selling in the same range as hers. So how come that the first, most iconic femake hero can't rise above superman's punching bag status? Sexism is really that strong.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    And WW? The first solo female hero. Most iconic female hero. Feminist LGTB icon. Successful TV show. Super accaimed and successful movie and all. Forever an a lister. Yet she still has to be the superman punching bag? Why? He is not making more money than her in movies nowadays. His comic title is selling in the same range as hers. So how come that the first, most iconic femake hero can't rise above superman's punching bag status? Sexism is really that strong.
    WW has dealt with sexism since her conception. Everyone who isn't Batman is his punching bag though. None of this is new.

If we tried to be somewhat objective on this, we should say that at least there's a WW movie in the works and that the lack of true Superman movie since 2013 is a wasted opportunity for fans and investors. We should be rooting for movies for both characters.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    All of this. They need to let her be feminist, etc. That’s how and why she’ll be successful. It does talented storytellers to do those things within a fictional setting - be she should absolutely be all those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    WW has dealt with sexism since her conception. Everyone who isn't Batman is his punching bag though. None of this is new.
    WW is superman's punching bag too. She is the first solo female hero. Most iconic female hero. Feminist LGTB icon. Successful TV show. Super accaimed and successful movie and all. Forever an a lister. Yet she still has to be the superman punching bag. That is the point. And her still being affected by sexism is a problem. Just because it has happended for decades doesn't make it ok.

Superman will forever be the most iconic superhero and he sells tons of merchandising. His success is not what's preventing Diana from reaching the same heights.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 08-08-2022 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Superman will forever be the most iconic superhero and he sells tons of merchandising. His success is not what's preventing Diana from reaching the same heights.
    I'm sure batman is more iconic and well known than him by now. WW sells tons of merchandising too. And has been doing better at Box Office. Yet she still gets thrown under the bus in favor of superman in all JL stories. So yeah. He is holding her back. Because sexist people of the industry still can't let go of white straight privilage. And this doesn't mean that he has to be cancelled. It means that WW is not allowed to have the same amount of exposure, projects and of course power level. She is put in her place by Hierarchy to be the punching bag of straight white men mostly. Even when she has done more than enough proving her potential as a franchise.