Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Default Ashorc Blowstone (Shinmai Ossan Bouken-sha) versus The Endgame Army (MCU)

That's right, another niche boy coming out to play.

We open on the battlefield of the final battle from Avengers: Endgame everyone is here.

The heroes stare down, not the Mad Titan and his armies, but instead a lone warrior - Ashorc Blowstone.

No BFR, Ashorc is dimensionally tethered to the environs of the arena and cannot be removed by portal or any other method of BFR.

Scenario A) Hero Army vs Ashorc Blowstone.

Scenario B) Hero Army + Thanos' Army vs Ashorc Blowstone. No Gauntlet or Infinity Stones on the field.

Scenario C) Hero Army + Thanos' Army + DCEU Justice League (Snyder Cut) vs Ashorc Blowstone.

Can the pale orc warrior withstand this challenge? If he runs into a battle he can't win, he can call in the rest of Orichalcum Fist to back him up.

(I am aware that me and Sharp are the only people on the board who have read this series, so I'll post some feats for him after work.)
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 08-05-2022 at 08:33 AM.

I havent read this series, but i am going to (tongue in cheek) guess its going to be like the start of the old Cosmic Powers mini from Marvel, Ashorc surrounded by dead bodies at the end, Thanos the last survivor, who Ashorc kills with ease.

Except maybe scenario c. Maybe. I

The reason i say this is your putting a single character against 3 pretty potent super forces, and expecting him not to get smooshed immediately. That makes me suspicious. Also makes me want to read the manga which i am going to do this weekend.

The second factor is your putting a manga character, who hails from a milieu where combative manga characters without bullet time speed are rarer than hens teeth, against a live action army, which has precisely 3 bullet times iirc, 5 if you spot Spidey and Capt Marvel that speed, which they dont have the feats for iirc.

Manga characters come with super speed almost always. Live action characters rarely have speed they use regularly, because its a fx and its expensive.

I'm guessing that Ashorc may get stopped by Snyder Cut JLA working with everyone, but i doubt it.

I'll check in after i finish catching up this weekend, cheers for suggesting the fight and giving a great new series to read.

(This post is in jest, and made with great respect for the board OGs.)

Quote Originally Posted by Muadib View Post
    The reason i say this is your putting a single character against 3 pretty potent super forces, and expecting him not to get smooshed immediately. That makes me suspicious. Also makes me want to read the manga which i am going to do this weekend.
    And the thread has served its purpose hehehe.

I'll get some feats together shortly.

Ooh. I like this series. A little backstory on Ashorc;
    spoilers:
    He's a very intelligent and VERY powerful orc that long surpassed his own people not only in brains, but in brawn. Think 7 Deadly Sins kind of power. And magic that has literally revived his disciple after killing him. Multiple times. During training.
    end of spoilers The guy is a wrecking crew, and an orc that is the epitome of a civilized being at the same time. For having OP characters, its a pretty fun series.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Let's just say I'm not liking the odds for the movie people. O_o
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Let's just say I'm not liking the odds for the movie people. O_o
    It is a tall order, but there's a lot of them with a lot of powers on their side. Ashorc is a beast but he's not got a huge amount of versatility on his side.

ASHORC BLOWSTONE - FEATS
    So Ashorc has had two major combat encounters in the series so far, major in that they took more than one hit from him. His fight with Kelvin, champion of the arena, and his protege Rick.

To make the point about how tough these guys here, just a couple of scaling things.

- Rick fought a dragon man called Giz who, when not a full power, does this when he throws a punch.

He tries to interrupt Ashorc and Kelvin when their match starts, in his Dragonkin true form (which massively amps his strength) and the result of him taking a swing at Kelvin is as follows: 01 and 02. Kelvin blocks Giz easily and drops him with a single casual punch. Yes, Giz was injured from his previous fight but it's a good indication of scale. Basic message here, Kelvin is big strong.

So, let's see how he does against Ashorc.

- Ashorc blocks his more serious Rolling Fang punch with two fingers and slams him into the ground.
    - Kelvin stops holding back, causing Ashorc to block him with his whole hand rather than just his fingers. Kelvin and starts throwing out high level magic. Ashorc completely unbothered by lightning here.
    - Kelvin throws out rapid fire spells to no effect.
    - With a hail mary last ditch effort, Kelvin spontaneously comes up with a new ultimate attack 01 and 02. And the result is a "Nice job," from Ashorc.

Strength/Striking
    - Ashorc punches out a giant meteor: 01, 02 and 03.
    - His regular punches are strong enough to send shockwaves that crater stone.
    - When being hit with a punch he can't avoid, Kelvin defends himself three different ways magically and still gets rocked: 01, 02 and 03
    - Punches Rick clean through the wall of the stadium.

Speed
    - Has an exchange of dozens of blows in an instant. This is Rick giving the play by play to a slower person who couldn't see what was happening.
    - Rick attacks him with super speed and Ashorc is able to block his attacks.

Durability
    On top of the stuff with Kelvin mentioned above, here's what it takes to hurt him.
    - Rick and Ashorc agree to have a straight up punch-fight with no real blocking. 01 and 02 He takes a bunch of this level of hits without going down, though it does hurt him.
    - Ashorc almost puts Rick down, which activates his special power-up secret move and puts him apparently on Ashorc's physical level. Ashorc continues to take a bunch of these joint hits, Rick specifically hitting him more times in each exchange and eventually they both fall in a double KO.

So that's Ashorc 101. Can he clear all the scenarios?

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    It is a tall order, but there's a lot of them with a lot of powers on their side. Ashorc is a beast but he's not got a huge amount of versatility on his side.

ASHORC BLOWSTONE - FEATS
    So Ashorc has had two major combat encounters in the series so far, major in that they took more than one hit from him. His fight with Kelvin, champion of the arena, and his protege Rick.

To make the point about how tough these guys here, just a couple of scaling things.

- Rick fought a dragon man called Giz who, when not a full power, does this when he throws a punch.

He tries to interrupt Ashorc and Kelvin when their match starts, in his Dragonkin true form (which massively amps his strength) and the result of him taking a swing at Kelvin is as follows: 01 and 02. Kelvin blocks Giz easily and drops him with a single casual punch. Yes, Giz was injured from his previous fight but it's a good indication of scale. Basic message here, Kelvin is big strong.

So, let's see how he does against Ashorc.

- Ashorc blocks his more serious Rolling Fang punch with two fingers and slams him into the ground.
    - Kelvin stops holding back, causing Ashorc to block him with his whole hand rather than just his fingers. Kelvin and starts throwing out high level magic. Ashorc completely unbothered by lightning here.
    - Kelvin throws out rapid fire spells to no effect.
    - With a hail mary last ditch effort, Kelvin spontaneously comes up with a new ultimate attack 01 and 02. And the result is a "Nice job," from Ashorc.

Strength/Striking
    - Ashorc punches out a giant meteor: 01, 02 and 03.
    - His regular punches are strong enough to send shockwaves that crater stone.
    - When being hit with a punch he can't avoid, Kelvin defends himself three different ways magically and still gets rocked: 01, 02 and 03
    - Punches Rick clean through the wall of the stadium.

Speed
    - Has an exchange of dozens of blows in an instant. This is Rick giving the play by play to a slower person who couldn't see what was happening.
    - Rick attacks him with super speed and Ashorc is able to block his attacks.

Durability
    On top of the stuff with Kelvin mentioned above, here's what it takes to hurt him.
    - Rick and Ashorc agree to have a straight up punch-fight with no real blocking. 01 and 02 He takes a bunch of this level of hits without going down, though it does hurt him.
    - Ashorc almost puts Rick down, which activates his special power-up secret move and puts him apparently on Ashorc's physical level. Ashorc continues to take a bunch of these joint hits, Rick specifically hitting him more times in each exchange and eventually they both fall in a double KO.

So that's Ashorc 101. Can he clear all the scenarios?
    The hero army and Thanos army, most would get blown away with a couple of serious punches (shockwaves). The real questions are the likes of Thor, Hulk, Superman, Wonder Woman, and the big bads.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    The hero army and Thanos army, most would get blown away with a couple of serious punches (shockwaves). The real questions are the likes of Thor, Hulk, Superman, Wonder Woman, and the big bads.
    Havent finished my read thru but on those feats alone, everyone is a meat lollipop to Ashorc except Flash, Wonder Woman and Superman on the dc side, whats the board consensus on speed for the Marvel side?

Spidey maybe? How fast is Capt Marvel, Thanos and Thor? Hulk is a statue to Ashorc, who he will kill at his convenience, i dont see any of the Black Order/ Children of Thanos with speed feats? Except maybe Ebony Maw? His tk is fast, but he still got sucked out of the ship.

So Slugfest ending with Superman, Wonder Woman, Capt Marvel, and Thor and Cap Thor vs Ashorc. Do they have enough gun to put him down? Maybe do a BFR?

So for me, one of the big feats he has comes when he's not under some kind of bubble to protect everyone, and when he is holding back (like, early-on holding back, so lots). Early in the tournament, he takes out one of his opponents by casually swatting them - they fly like a rocket out of the stadium, clipping the massive stone top of it on the way through. Them hitting that thick stone wall bites out a 20', 30' wide chunk from it. The punched guy just keeps going as if slamming into the thick stone wall (and somehow taking out a gigantic bite from it due to the force of his impact) was like going through tissue paper.

That's kind of like how hard Doomsday hits Wonder Woman. And Ashorc does while holding himself back to a ridiculous degree.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 09-07-2022 at 05:00 AM.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

The meteor thing...does ANYONE on the opposing side have something on that level (note - as I recall, he was still holding back at this point)?

As for speed, he certainly has the speed to keep up with movie Wonder Woman, at the least (I would say he’s faster). The question regarding the people who are faster becomes 'can they hurt him?' I doubt the movie Flash can.
    Why are we here?

At work, but figured why not? Here's the pic I was talking about.

Ashorc.jpg

The important thing to remember is that this is Ashorc holding back x holding back. This is at the beginning, before he goes 'more serious' against the Champ, then before he ups his game again against Rick and then goes all-out. This is him really, really holding back. Look at the size of the hole the flying body tears in the colosseum. Look at the thickness of the stone. Don't miss the fact that the flying guy is still travelling in the direction of the impact despite ripping apart all of that stone, as if he's fired from a gigantic cannon.

This is beyond anything I've seen in the MCU, and again, this is Ashorc massively holding back.

Edit: I suppose the writer/artist didn't consider that if those stands are full, Ashorc just did the equivalent of setting off a bomb in the middle of the spectators - everyone in that shattered area is going to be paste. O_o
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 08-09-2022 at 06:07 AM.
    Why are we here?

Ashorc.jpg

The important thing to remember is that this is Ashorc holding back x holding back. This is at the beginning, before he goes 'more serious' against the Champ, then before he ups his game again against Rick and then goes all-out. This is him really, really holding back. Look at the size of the hole the flying body tears in the colosseum. Look at the thickness of the stone. Don't miss the fact that the flying guy is still travelling in the direction of the impact despite ripping apart all of that stone, as if he's fired from a gigantic cannon.

This is beyond anything I've seen in the MCU, and again, this is Ashorc massively holding back.

Edit: I suppose the writer/artist didn't consider that if those stands are full, Ashorc just did the equivalent of setting off a bomb in the middle of the spectators - everyone in that shattered area is going to be paste. O_o
    Well, he can bring the dead back to life, so there is that. And not necromancy, but actual resurrection. If he can cast it on himself, remains to be seen.

Ashorc.jpg

This shot is part of a montage between fights so I'd honestly missed it in my sweep for feats haha

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Well, he can bring the dead back to life, so there is that. And not necromancy, but actual resurrection. If he can cast it on himself, remains to be seen.
    I suppose. Feels like an author oversight to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    This shot is part of a montage between fights so I'd honestly missed it in my sweep for feats haha
    It’s kind of just there in the middle of things, but the first time I read it really struck me.
    Why are we here?

That hit when Doomsday sends Wonder Woman flying a mile, smashing through walls and rubble the whole way?

I’m pretty sure this is better. With Ashorc holding back a ton.
    Why are we here?