Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Scenario A) Hero Army vs Ashorc Blowstone.

Scenario B) Hero Army + Thanos' Army vs Ashorc Blowstone. No Gauntlet or Infinity Stones on the field.

Scenario C) Hero Army + Thanos' Army + DCEU Justice League (Snyder Cut) vs Ashorc Blowstone.
    Only Scenario B specifically prohibits the Infinity Gauntlet or the Infinity Stones from being used. Which means in Scenarios A and C the Infinity Stones on the Gauntlet that Tony Stark made is in play since it was in possession of the Avengers when the hero army arrived.

So in Scenario A whatever heroes are durable enough to withstand the initial shockwave attack can potentially grab the Gauntlet and Snap Ashorc into dust. In Scenario C the Flash can grab the Gauntlet and Snap before Blowstone gets to attack.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    Only Scenario B specifically prohibits the Infinity Gauntlet or the Infinity Stones from being used. Which means in Scenarios A and C the Infinity Stones on the Gauntlet that Tony Stark made is in play since it was in possession of the Avengers when the hero army arrived.

So in Scenario A whatever heroes are durable enough to withstand the initial shockwave attack can potentially grab the Gauntlet and Snap Ashorc into dust. In Scenario C the Flash can grab the Gauntlet and Snap before Blowstone gets to attack.
    *weary sigh*

The intention is that there are no infinity stones on the field in any scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    T
    As for speed, he certainly has the speed to keep up with movie Wonder Woman, at the least (I would say he’s faster). The question regarding the people who are faster becomes 'can they hurt him?' I doubt the movie Flash can.
    What about movie Flash armed with Stormbreaker? It doesn't have a worthiness clause so he should be able to use it unless Thor is still up and objects to loaning it out.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Given that Ashorc is kind of as tough as he is strong, and with the feats he displays, I'm actually a little *wiggles hand* on Flash armed with Stormbreaker being capable of putting serious hurt on him.

He's also plenty faster than Wonder Woman himself. Not Flash-fast, but ridiculously fast.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I don't know about plenty faster Wondy, some of her higher end bullet blocking and catching stuff is really quick.

He's got an edge, sure, but I don't think it's huge.

I don't know about plenty faster Wondy, some of her higher end bullet blocking and catching stuff is really quick.

He's got an edge, sure, but I don't think it's huge.
    There are weaker people in the tournament who can do stuff like 'completely disappear from view and cross a fairly large swath of ground invisibly'.

These people can't follow Ashorc and Rick when they get going, as I recall.

I'll need to read the whole thing again to do a breakdown, but for my money, that's genuine superspeed versus high-end bullet-timing.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Let's start with Anjelica.

1. She starts with a technique where she moves so fast that she's invisible to normal eyes.
    2. She then trains with Rick to insane levels, where it improves her speed to even faster.
    3. She can, at this point, use the technique continuously, to the point where she's just invisibly darting around constantly.

Her opponent, Gis, can still match that speed and crushes her.

4. Rick casually flash-steps past Gis like he's nothing.
    5. Rick casually blitzes Gis at the start of their match.
    6. Gis powers up, now matching Rick's speed.
    7. Gis gets tired, but then powers up further, exceeding Rick's speed.
    8. At this point, Anjelica, who can move about continuously fast enough to be invisible, states she's losing the ability to follow their match due to the speed.
    9. To prove a point, Rick then extrapolates how fast Anjelica would be had she trained with Rick for 6 months, and proceeds to move quickly enough that he disappears from GIS'S sight.
    10. Rick moves that up to a full year of training, and is completely treating Gis like a statue.

So to recap - at this point - Anjelica can flash-step continuously at speeds human eyes can't follow. Gis is faster. Gis makes himself faster still, to the point where Anjelica starts losing the ability to follow (ie, he could now easily blitz her). Rick then ups the ante to the point where Gis is basically completely helpless against his speed.

We are a fair chunk past bullet-time, here. Gis would have been past bullet-time, I feel. Rick is as much past Gis as Anjelica is past a skilled human, from the look of it (again, Rick is holding back).

Fight ends. Moving on.

So Ashorc fights the Champ.

1. They have a long, drawn out series of attacks on each other that Ashorc does completely casually without moving his feet, at such speed that (again) Anjelica can't seem to at all follow what's happening.
    2. The Champ then delivers a barrage of punches that are essentially invisible to Anjelica. Rick gives a full play-by-play and analysis of what he's doing (Anjelica is all 'You can see all that?'). Ashorc STILL hasn't moved his feet, though he's now moving his head to defend. He's still not really trying.
    3. The Champ attacks him even more strongly/quickly, and a bored Ashorc is now using two fingers to block him. Again, supercasually.
    4. The Champ stops holding back completely, and Ashorc is now using five fingers to block him. Like, this is nothing.
    6. Ashorc finally attacks - still holding back - and the Champ notes he's too fast, and can barely avoid his attacks.
    7. Ashorc then blitzes him.

So the Champ - faster than Gis - gets blitzed by Ashorc when Ashorc isn't. Trying. Hard. However, he's not invisible to the Champ, just 'blitz-fast'.

The comparison and levels is getting lengthily, but we're even further past bullet-time now.

Rick then fights Ashorc. Immediately, he's noted as being waaaaaay faster than when he casually blitzed Gis, the Champ is aghast at his speed, etc. He and Ashorc are STILL holding back. So we're at least into the area where Ashorc was when he blitzed the Champ, likely past it due to everyone freaking about how much faster Rick has become.

Rick then pushes harder and becomes nothing more than a whirlwind around Ashorc, continuously attacking (Ashorc is...blocking all of this). The Champ thinks "Even I can't even follow everything that's happening any more," so some of this is becoming flat-out invisible to the Champ. It's worth noting that both Rick and Ashorc are STILL holding back.

Then basically Rick and Ashorc channel Baki and stand there thugging on each other in a display of manliness. So no more speed feats. But before the end of the fight, we find out that Ashorc did all of this stuff with superheavy weights on his body.

This is a whole lot faster than high-end bullet-timing for my money. ^_^
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 08-10-2022 at 11:28 AM.
    Why are we here?

You should probably drop that in my anime and manga algorithms feat thread haha

You should probably drop that in my anime and manga algorithms feat thread haha
    …I may just do that.

Anyway, I feel the Flash and Superman are the only people here with any hope of matching ( or exceeding) a serious Ashorc’s speed, and the Flash doesn’t have the oomph to take him out. Maybe Superman does? Don’t know. But I doubt it.
    Why are we here?