Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't like splinter voice. I can't envision him sounding like that.

The style of the film is beautiful.
    Why didn't they just get Ken Watanabe to Voice Splinter.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

It feels like a mix of the original Mirage comics with a Rise sensibility.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I don't know, I thought Jackie Chan sounded good to me, definitely older than other iterations of Splinter but it worked for me.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Why didn't they just get Ken Watanabe to Voice Splinter.
    Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I don't know, I thought Jackie Chan sounded good to me, definitely older than other iterations of Splinter but it worked for me.
    Do we know if Splinter is supposed to be Asian anymore? Didn't the comics retcon their origins so that Splinter was no longer the pet of a Japanese ninja master? Who knows what their origin is in this new show anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Do we know if Splinter is supposed to be Asian anymore? Didn't the comics retcon their origins so that Splinter was no longer the pet of a Japanese ninja master? Who knows what their origin is in this new show anyway...
    In the IDW books he's the reincarnated spirit of an ancient ninja warrior of the foot clan named Hamato Yoshi, but who knows about here...but he definitely sounded like Jackie Chan to me so I'm guessing Splinter is still asian here.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

The last few adaptions outside the Bay movies and 2K3 have literally made him a mutated Hamato Yoshi (who is Japanese).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The last few adaptions outside the Bay movies and 2K3 have literally made him a mutated Hamato Yoshi (who is Japanese).
    Yeah, that was how it was in the original cartoon who knows here though?

But we must react and render judgement before we know!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Yeah, I'm not sure if they'll confirm one way or another until they deal with the Foot/Shredder (which would probably be the sequel).

Incredible Member

The views for the two trailers seem shockingly low. I remember the trailers for Out Of The Shadows were also low compared to the 2014 movie. Could be a sign that like OOTS this will be a surprise under-performer despite it's positive reception.
    Last edited by Orbus; 06-03-2023 at 04:46 AM.

New promo for the movie. I'm digging it so far.

Incredible Member

He starts out as a regular rat. That was what was depicted in the concept art that leaked and you can brief glimpses of it the trailers.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The IDW series came up with a new origin were Splinter and the turtles and reincarnated spirits of Hamato Yoshi and his four sons that were murdered by the Shredder in ancient Japan.

Rowe has given an interview saying that Splinter isn't connected to Japan in the new movie (although inexplicably he has an East Asian accent). The official novelization is out and if you must know his origin...

spoilers:
    Splinter is a normal rat that gets caught in the mutagen with the baby turtles. After an incident in Times Square he realises humans will never accept them so he learns ninjutsu from internet tutorials and teaches it to the turtles.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    The IDW series came up with a new origin were Splinter and the turtles and reincarnated spirits of Hamato Yoshi and his four sons that were murdered by the Shredder in ancient Japan.

Rowe has given an interview saying that Splinter isn't connected to Japan in the new movie (although inexplicably he has an East Asian accent). The official novelization is out and if you must know his origin...

spoilers:
    Splinter is a normal rat that gets caught in the mutagen with the baby turtles. After an incident in Times Square he realises humans will never accept them so he learns ninjutsu from internet tutorials and teaches it to the turtles.
    end of spoilers
    I guess that's in-line with the Bay Turtles:

spoilers:
    Where Splinter taught them based off ninjutsu he read in a book.
    end of spoilers

In tangentially related news, Nickelodeon acquired Fred Wolf stuff and the entirety of the Wolf Turtles rites ... So all 193 1987 episodes are coming to nickelodeon and Paramount Plus.

Sounds like they might be getting a remaster, too.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 07-22-2023 at 10:37 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

The animation looks great. I hope the movie follows some Batman Begins/The Dark Knight trajectory regarding Shredder. Krang optional for now.