Astonishing Member

Default Superman: Man of Tomorrow

Got around to watching it. Geez, another origin story. Another Clark mets a rather hard bitten nasty Lois. A plot which fails apart at the end with a stupid, preachy ending. A clearly superior Martian Manhunter. The new My Adventures of Superman has a little more charm to it and a much more appealing Lois.

No more origins, please. Bad enough DC rewrites what happens to Krypton every year and has half the planet escape and fly around. I can't see why Clark falls for most Lois versions. I'd take the current TV Lana over that Lois any day.

The only highlight of the Tomorrow-verse. Trust me, you're better off not seeing the later movies, they just go downhill from here. Sad you hated it, I loved this movie. Best Superman origin in animation, and don't give me that "All Star did it better" crap. But like I said, only good film this shared universe has produced.

Honestly I think it was a solid flick and origin story until the climax with Parasite where it kind of stalls and seems to be going for something the execution can't live up to, but that's just beginning a trend of the Tomorrow-verse and how they kind of lose the plot by the 3rd act.

I did really like how they handled J'onn and Lobo though. They were one of the stronger aspects of the movie (as well as any fight that wasn't the final one with Parasite).

Lois was actually pretty nice? She was a go-getter trying to get the scoop but I don't see where she was nasty, although I think you've expressed how you generally don't like Lois.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    The only highlight of the Tomorrow-verse. Trust me, you're better off not seeing the later movies, they just go downhill from here. Sad you hated it, I loved this movie. Best Superman origin in animation, and don't give me that "All Star did it better" crap. But like I said, only good film this shared universe has produced.
    Wasn't the origin in All Star like five seconds ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wasn't the origin in All Star like five seconds ?
    Yes and I'm fucking tired of people referencing it all the time and shitting on origin films all the time while pointing at those five seconds and stating that's how most origins should be handled from now on. I actually fucking like origin movies when done well so all the hate and people bringing up how they should do the "All Star" origin for most heroes or rebooted heroes is reaching pet peeve status with me. Kinda getting to the point where I want to kick Morrison in the balls for making that god damn page.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Yes and I'm fucking tired of people referencing it all the time and shitting on origin films all the time while pointing at those five seconds and stating that's how most origins should be handled from now on. I actually fucking like origin movies when done well so all the hate and people bringing up how they should do the "All Star" origin for most heroes or rebooted heroes is reaching pet peeve status with me. Kinda getting to the point where I want to kick Morrison in the balls for making that god damn page.
    Oh yeah, I have nothing against origin movies when done well, though I appreciate how succinct they were with it in All Star.