Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by DIVINITY View Post
    She’s essentially his Robin, without the name. Ridley didn’t make her Robin, by name only. But she’s definitely his crime fighting partner. Wether it’s, Robin, Batgirl, or a new name that she comes up with, I’m just excited to see her get to this point.
    Yeah, I mean Jace should get an actual Robin. With the name and R logo and stuff. It’s gotta happen later or sooner.

I see Tiffany as his Barbara Gordon. His Batgirl. Just before the Joker got to her and stuff… Exciting times, though. Can’t wait to see her suit.
    Last edited by Superboy-Prime; 08-08-2022 at 07:29 AM.

Spectacular Member

So much happened in this issue.

Lots of goodies.

I like what John Ridley did with Morris Caulfield -- a little Kyle Rittenhouse bit.

Thankfully The Helix is just called The Helix and not "The Bat Helix" or anything like that.

The Vol thing at The Helix though is like...

"Okay, I guess. Not worried about keeping any secrets or connecting any dots, I guess. We're all good with each other."

Anyway, not really anything to spoil. Just a solid issue.

Just a good, solid, grounded issue, and what I've come to expect from John Ridley on this book.

And Tiff was fun too. And the Tiff and Tam convo was nice.

And Jace and Renee had a couple of nice back and fourths. And Jace and Papa Fox had a nice, quick little thing.

Good stuff.

I miss Renee's old Question look. Other than her face she looks more generic now.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I miss Renee's old Question look. Other than her face she looks more generic now.
    I blame the artist. Christian Duce's art is a bit generic, in my opinion.

Sometimes he does really nice work, and other times not so much. It's page by page and panel by panel I find with him. The colorist too I guess may have to share some of the blame.

C'est la vie.

And yeah, I forgot about the "Will Smith 'name out your mouth' thing" from the issue with Jace.

Yeah.. again, c'est la vie.

Christian Duce did do an excellent job on the High Line though. So gold star for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Lawrence View Post
    I like what John Ridley did with Morris Caulfield -- a little Kyle Rittenhouse bit.
    I had the same thought.

Thankfully The Helix is just called The Helix and not "The Bat Helix" or anything like that.
    I agree. I really don't like how everything is Bat-this and Bat-that and bat-shaped.

The Vol thing at The Helix though is like...

"Okay, I guess. Not worried about keeping any secrets or connecting any dots, I guess. We're all good with each other."
    This is a good point.

Renee's comment about Jace needing someone at his side challenging him was definitely foreshadowing vigilante Tiff.

I'm guessing that was Whitaker's dad?

As I was reading the issue, I had a feeling Keenan was involved and sure enough.

Another good issue. Looking forward to #13.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Spectacular Member

Speaking of Tiffany and issue #13...

The solicits says...

Batman and the Question’s investigation into Anarky’s murder puts them directly in the crosshairs of a rogue police unit set up to deal with the radical activist, and which is willing to kill to keep their secrets. At the same time, as she watches a friend being lured back into a life of crime, sitting on the sidelines is no longer an option for Tiffany Fox.
    So Tiffany's new pal Kayln is most likely who they're talking about.

And so, thanks to Kayln... Tiffany Fox: The Kid-Sister Wonder™!

Speaking of Tiffany and issue #13...

The solicits says...

So Tiffany's new pal Kayln is most likely who they're talking about.

And so, thanks to Kayln... Tiffany Fox: The Kid-Sister Wonder™!
    I read the solicit for #13 when it came out but not since. Good observation about Kayln.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Yeah, I mean Jace should get an actual Robin. With the name and R logo and stuff. It’s gotta happen later or sooner.

I see Tiffany as his Barbara Gordon. His Batgirl. Just before the Joker got to her and stuff… Exciting times, though. Can’t wait to see her suit.
    I agree, he should. But why sideline Tiff, when we already know that she will eventually suit up. Tiff is very smart, but Vol already holds that Oracle spot.

Ridley’s sub-plot for her is a part of the narrative, she’s destined to be…

I also like how she wasn’t to proud to go back and try a different approach with kaylyn, it worked, and she made a friend.

Renee’s an old favorite of mine, she is The Question to me, no shade to Vic. I like how she’s using her influence on the force to get what she needs, while also hitting the streets.

I think it’s a good team up for Jace, he gets to do some detective work, which I think would be nice if we got some good one and done detective stories down the line. A one off between bigger story arcs.

Overall, I enjoyed it, art is still on point, as is Ridley’s pen.
    #MagnetoWasRight

I don’t think Jace getting a Robin sidelines Tiff, but… It definitely shouldn’t happen anytime soon. She does deserve time in the spotlight as her new persona. But down the line, a dynamic like in The Batman show with Dick Grayson as Robin and Barbara Gordon as Batgirl, kinda like co-sidekicks to Batman, that’d be cool. That’s what I meant.

Speaking of Tiffany, it’s funny how her weapons of choice are those sticks. Nightwing, Jace’s Batman, Duke Thomas, and now Tiff. These Batpeople love their escrima sticks.

I really like, uh… Seeing Batman team up with the Question. Get his feet soaking wet with detective work. After all, he’s the World’s Greatest Detective and all that jazz.

Probably not but does Tiff have a code name in Future State: Gotham?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    Probably not but does Tiff have a code name in Future State: Gotham?
    No, her story didn't come until Batman Black and White, after Future State ended.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    No, her story didn't come until Batman Black and White, after Future State ended.
    Thanks. I haven’t read Future State: Gotham and, for some reason, thought she was a vigilante in it.

Incredible Member

I really like the writing on this title but I kind of find the art a bit generic in places, it doesn’t seem as dynamic in that respect as some of the other Bat titles which is a shame.