Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

cool issue vulture taking down Peter was pretty smart and effective. No idea why Ms.Marvel is here but whatever.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Mighty Member

I guess Kamala has little to do now that Champions is canceled.

Sigh when trying to fit the characters into these new scenarios I have honestly forgotten why I care about them?

I mean Peter is a hero and all that but as a person I am finding it harder and harder to symphatise with him. The same with MJ. It's just so silly and constructed that the characters have to bend and bend to fit and what we are left with are just pieces that reminds us of who they are, who they were.

I have been reading Spider-Man for 30 years. Since before 1I read books. OMD broke the illusion but I think it's attrition that will finally get me.

So Peter loses again...people seem oddly okay with working with Norman Osborn (and honestly Peter's rage at him didn't feel as natural as it should, even)...they're continuing to drag this Peter/MJ/Paul thing...the new suit looks dumb and not necessary...

Kamala looks a bit older than normal this issue. Cynical me keeps nagging that her inclusion into ASM is for some MCU synergy. Still a box of mysteries which I'm not a huge fan of, but it's better than that narration of "YOUR SINS PARKER!" by kindred every issue. I had actually thought the Hellfire Gala took place before the 6 month time skip and this new status quo was the result of it, but Moira hasn't even taken over MJ's body yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    Kamala looks a bit older than normal this issue. Cynical me keeps nagging that her inclusion into ASM is for some MCU synergy. Still a box of mysteries which I'm not a huge fan of, but it's better than that narration of "YOUR SINS PARKER!" by kindred every issue. I had actually thought the Hellfire Gala took place before the 6 month time skip and this new status quo was the result of it, but Moira hasn't even taken over MJ's body yet?
    Lol no, the Kindred mystery was better. The characters and readers didn't know what the Kindred wanted. It didn't hinder character development and storytelling. In Wells run, the characters know what happened but don't talk about it. It's hard to empathize with Peter because we don't even know what he did. We don't even know if the answers will be acceptable or disappointing. Peter sins was an interesting mystery, apparently related to the OMD.

I'm kind of tired of "sin free" Norman. It just doesn't feel natural, the character interactions just don't make enough sense, and the Spider-Goblin suit is too silly.

All-New Member

So Mary Jane needed someone to check on the medicine/pills and her go-to guy is Norman Osborn? The man who killed Gwen, faked May's death and terrorized them countless times.... All because he is 'cleansed'. That's really not doing it for me.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Miracleman View Post
    So Mary Jane needed someone to check on the medicine/pills and her go-to guy is Norman Osborn? The man who killed Gwen, fakes May's death and terrorized them countless times.... All because he is 'cleansed'. That's really not doing it for me.
    Well also Peter will be working with Norman soon so there's that as well even after he said he wouldn't

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Miracleman View Post
    So Mary Jane needed someone to check on the medicine/pills and her go-to guy is Norman Osborn? The man who killed Gwen, faked May's death and terrorized them countless times.... All because he is 'cleansed'. That's really not doing it for me.
    And this is someone who used to work for Tony Stark. She knows the FF. She's friends with Liz Allan, who runs an actual chemical company if Mary Jane is so concerned about the chemical makeup of the drugs. C'mon.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    And this is someone who used to work for Tony Stark. She knows the FF. She's friends with Liz Allan, who runs an actual chemical company if Mary Jane is so concerned about the chemical makeup of the drugs. C'mon.
    But also think about the confides of the story. So far we only have certain characters or cast that can be seen or used so in the aspect of the story being run can only use Norman at the moment as even though Liz was in 900 which seems like more of an annual issue. Use what you got lol
    Peter doesn't go to any of them for help either

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    It's possible MJ could be mad at the Fantastic Four, since Peter asked them for help and they turned him down, leading to him stealing their tech for him and Osborn to develop.

I bet the Goblin Spider suit is made up of the stolen F4 tech.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

I do not regret dropping ASM.

Comic book Spider-Man needs the wisdom of the "bright idea guy" as much as the ones from the films.

Astonishing Member

So
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    But also think about the confides of the story. So far we only have certain characters or cast that can be seen or used so in the aspect of the story being run can only use Norman at the moment as even though Liz was in 900 which seems like more of an annual issue. Use what you got lol
    Peter doesn't go to any of them for help either
    So you’re saying it’s bad writing LOL