Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

I wonder what Spencer's plans for "sinless" Norman Osborn were. It was implied at the time that Peter allowing Norman's sins to be taken would lead to some kind of disastrous future.

It's hard for me to imagine Spencer having Peter or MJ ever play nice with Norman. MJ begrudgingly worked with him to stop Kindred but didn't buy into his conversion to the side of angels.

I can buy into the idea that Norman is at the moment sincere but I cannot buy that Peter or MJ would ever give Norman the time of day. Even if they believed him to be a completely different person than he once was, he's still wearing the face of the guy that killed Gwen Stacy and Peter and MJ's child.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I wonder what Spencer's plans for "sinless" Norman Osborn were. It was implied at the time that Peter allowing Norman's sins to be taken would lead to some kind of disastrous future.

It's hard for me to imagine Spencer having Peter or MJ ever play nice with Norman. MJ begrudgingly worked with him to stop Kindred but didn't buy into his conversion to the side of angels.

I can buy into the idea that Norman is at the moment sincere but I cannot buy that Peter or MJ would ever give Norman the time of day. Even if they believed him to be a completely different person than he once was, he's still wearing the face of the guy that killed Gwen Stacy and Peter and MJ's child.
    With Kamala in ASM, I wonder if Peter and her are going to start a new super hero team

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    With Kamala in ASM, I wonder if Peter and her are going to start a new super hero team
    Peter in a leadership position would be nice
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I have had enough of Peter and teams. I certainly don't trust Wells (or Slott) to write it well.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

How did Paul even punch Peter? Did he lose his powers temporarily after the "thing"?
    "Cable was right!"

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    How did Paul even punch Peter? Did he lose his powers temporarily after the "thing"?
    I think it was just Paul fantasizing about punching Peter.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I think it was just Paul fantasizing about punching Peter.
    No, it was definitely a flashback. Peter was grubby and everybody was wearing different clothes.

With Lowe in charge, I think that even Aunt May will manage to defeat Peter at this point

Peter been getting beat up since the Spencer run shouldn't be that hard for him to be hit

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by vhm74 View Post
    With Lowe in charge, I think that even Aunt May will manage to defeat Peter at this point
    Can't wait to see Norman take Aunt May out for dinner!

Peter will often take a punch so as not to reveal his secret identity.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Can't wait to see Norman take Aunt May out for dinner!
    might happen in freshman year

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Peter will often take a punch so as not to reveal his secret identity.
    Sins present.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Only it doesn't.

Marvel want you to root against Paul already, making him a child beater connects to MJ's past in a meaningful way and gives her a problem to relate to.

I always pick up Amazing Spider-Man , but I'm lost as to who this guy Paul is ?
    Where was he first introduced ?
    Thanks !!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    This argument was boring months ago. I laughed when I saw your reply. We don't know what Peter did to get punched in the face but the idea has been hinted that he wasn't given MJ space. Considering today's cultural climate, i'm shock that people aren't rejoicing over Peter getting punched for harassing his ex. I am not justifying this child beater crap with a response.
    Agreed, there is nothing to indicate that Paul is generally a violent man, from the little we have seen neither MJ nor the kids are fearful of him.

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    there's something just off about this story to me, like some kind of weird altered universe thing is going on. the parts with paul and kamala (if that's actually ms marvel and not someone random they gave the same name too) just felt off.
    I think with Paul part of the frustration is that he is an unknown factor. However, I feel that even though 6 months in the universe have passed, something may have re-written MJ's history it feels like for MJ her relationship with Peter ended years ago and what Peter has been trying to tell her is that her present life may not be real.

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Lowe keeps doing it, his desperate pleas every letters page to keep reading it’ll get better honest! Is utterly hilarious and sad at the same time.
    Lowe knows that there are a lot of fans that may be frustrated with the story but so far there is no indication it has affected sales.
    I have problems with the icv2 ranking system but one way you can tell how good a book is doing is if it has re-entered in the next month's charts and in July all previous issues of Amazing Spider-Man have ranked in the top 200.

4. Amazing Spider-Man #5
    5. Amazing Spider-Man #6 (#900)
    70. Amazing Spider-Man #4
    145.Amazing Spider-Man #2
    148.Amazing Spider-Man #3
    162. Amazing Spider-Man #1

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    I always pick up Amazing Spider-Man , but I'm lost as to who this guy Paul is ?
    Where was he first introduced ?
    Thanks !!
    So far Paul and the kids are a mystery they showed in the new issue 1 in a relationship with MJ
    Last edited by ZuLuLu; 08-14-2022 at 06:21 AM.