Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Naomi: Season Two #6 Preview

Naomi: Season Two #6 Preview
    Writers: Brian Michael Bendis and David F. Walker
    Artist: Jamal Campbell

If this ends with Naomi traveling to her homeworld because her planet needs her... oh boy...
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 08-05-2022 at 02:28 PM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I actually really liked the first volume of Naomi, but volume 2 has been awful. I can't wait for it to end at this point. The art is still nice though

How many times is Bendis going to repeat the same panel gimmick?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    How many times is Bendis going to repeat the same panel gimmick?
    This will be the third time in this volume, I think. And the last volume did it....twice?

Only read the first page, so nothing too serious gets spoiled before I can read the whole thing. But I do like the twist that these are people from Naomi's homearth.

And if the series does end with her going back to her world, then I can happily say that I called it in like, issue 2 or something.

I've enjoyed this season. It hasn't been on the level of season 1 but it's still been good.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Isn't it set before Dark Crisis? It can't end with her leaving Earth-0.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Isn't it set before Dark Crisis? It can't end with her leaving Earth-0.
    Why not? Because it would contradict what happened before? You are right. Bendis never, ever, ever, would write something than contradicts continuity or the work of other writers, before him. That would be something impossible.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    If this ends with Naomi traveling to her homeworld because her planet needs her... oh boy...
    All I will say is it ends how I think a lot of people seem to have expected it to have. I’ll add I very much doubt we will see her again any time soon, if at all. Her TV show was axed after just one season and I don’t exactly see other writers queuing up to use the character.

I wouldn’t say the writing has been awful on volume 2 just very mediocre. Still has great art if nothing else.
    Last edited by Top Hat; 08-09-2022 at 04:14 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    All I will say is it ends how I think a lot of people seem to have expected it to have. I’ll add I very much doubt we will see her again any time soon, if at all. Her TV show was axed after just one season and I don’t exactly see other writers queuing up to use the character.

I wouldn’t say the writing has been awful on volume 2 just very mediocre. Still has great art if nothing else.
    She isn’t apart of any family,
    The JL didn’t gain her any notoriety

Black Twitter and tiktok is more invested in starfire then Naomi

So unless bendis is doing somthing I don’t see her being included in anything in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post

So unless bendis is doing somthing I don’t see her being included in anything in the future.
    I doubt Bendis is going to do anything anymore in DC. Quoting the Comicsbeat:

Consider also that Bendis is not participating in the creator jam Batman: One Bad Day series, nor has he been tapped to write one of the Dark Crisis: Worlds Without a Justice League event series, and it would seem the writing is on the wall — Bendis is effectively out at DC. Bendis has been open about working on a Legion of Superheroes animated series for HBO, but with whole-ass DC Comics projects getting filmed over there and then forever-cancelled, I’ll believe that’s happening only when the opening credits start to roll.

Source: The ComicsBeat

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    Maybe Walker could use her again, but I doubt it will be in her own series again. Maybe she could be rescued in a secondary role in another book in the future, in ten or twenty years.

Nothing to say against the art. That is an ability than Bendis still keeps.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

That was a very, very pretty book, but the writing was... just about what I've come to expect from late-stage Bendis unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Why not? Because it would contradict what happened before? You are right. Bendis never, ever, ever, would write something than contradicts continuity or the work of other writers, before him. That would be something impossible.
    Wasn't Naomi heavily delayed? Bendis is probably the one who was contradicted. Maybe editorial, not expecting her show to be axed, didn't want her status quo to be that she's in another universe and hence, unusable.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Season 2 was supposed to come out in like, 2020 or 2021. Pandemic put that thing on hold for ages, Campbell was busy with Far Sector for a while, and I doubt anybody cared about Naomi's minor appearance in Dark Crisis enough to make Bendis change a story he had planned out years ago, especially when season 1 was such a success.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post

Huh thats interesting, why are they invested in Starfire? Is it cause of the Titans actress?