Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default darth sidious darth vader vs voldemort grindelwald vs sauron saruman

darth sidious and darth vader vs voldemort and grindelwald vs sauron and saruman fight is at Saruman tower.

Astonishing Member

What time period is Sauron from? By the time the tower was built, wasn't he a discorporate spirit? Hard to fight like that. He was basically using controlled proxies at LoTR times. Esp. if you are using flaming orifice appearing whatever that was movie Sauron.

As far as the first pairings, I go for the magicians with speed, teleporting and ranged attacks (if it's movie showings). I think their ranged attacks are more powerful than Darthy TK, force chokes - if they would even work on the magic guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    What time period is Sauron from? By the time the tower was built, wasn't he a discorporate spirit? Hard to fight like that. He was basically using controlled proxies at LoTR times. Esp. if you are using flaming orifice appearing whatever that was movie Sauron.

As far as the first pairings, I go for the magicians with speed, teleporting and ranged attacks (if it's movie showings). I think their ranged attacks are more powerful than Darthy TK, force chokes - if they would even work on the magic guys.
    Whatever versions would be best for the fight.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Using live action for everyone first:

The problem the opposing teams will face is the pre-cog the Sith have (and enhanced reflexes). Vader has some crazy feats for force choke at range and ripping big chunks out of a spaceship pretty casually.

Sideous bodied Savage and Maul at the same time, kept up with Yoda and Mace at different times, and generally treated Vader like a consolation prize whenever he punished him. And, if he’s at his amped version as of RoSW, than that’s a lot Force Lightning.

Though the look of the Sith faces when they see Sauraman (movie version) will be funny.

However, the wizards do have a crap ton of variety and mobility. Any transmutation spell that isn’t saber blocked or dodged is an instant win.

Both sides can potentially pull the other’s weapons away with a thought/hand wave too.

Sauraman and Sauron don’t have enough one-screen Live Action feats to really keep up.

Now, using book feats for the wizards and Sauron:

Sauron probably wins. Just…..yeah, too much mental power and general oomph I would imagine. Book Dumbledore is dang deadly, but he is hampered by book Grindewald not having any real feats, and the canon books/comics the Sith draw on won’t amp them that much.

Now, using the Expanded universe for the Sith…………

They probably win. EU Palps was freaky powerful.

In conclusion:

Live Action: Toss-up between the Wizards or the Sith.

Book versions: Sauron wins, Sauraman is kind of just there.

EU allowed: Palps wins.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Book versions: Sauron wins, Saruman is kind of just there.
    Co-signed.

Note: Sauron, book-version, has a body just fine during the events of Lord of the Rings. He's not the giant lamp at the top of a Barad-dûr lighthouse.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Co-signed.

Note: Sauron, book-version, has a body just fine during the events of Lord of the Rings. He's not the giant lamp at the top of a Barad-dûr lighthouse.
    What does he look like in the book?

Astonishing Member

Brad Pitt?

I guess I'm behind on movie showings for the Star Wars films. I thought that everyone after the the original Star Wars was stupid.

Maybe because I had the choice of an idyllic life with Natalie Portman vs. wearing a bath robe and running around waving energy shooting flashlights, I would ask Natalie to the hot tube for the afternoon.

Also, the starship battles, fight against the Death Star, the Walkers were all stupid. Sorry, if you are a fan.

Brad Pitt?

I guess I'm behind on movie showings for the Star Wars films. I thought that everyone after the the original Star Wars was stupid.

Maybe because I had the choice of an idyllic life with Natalie Portman vs. wearing a bath robe and running around waving energy shooting flashlights, I would ask Natalie to the hot tube for the afternoon.

Also, the starship battles, fight against the Death Star, the Walkers were all stupid. Sorry, if you are a fan.
    Same. Had a crush on her when the prequels came out (12-16 years old). Still wouldn't have any objections though.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    What does he look like in the book?
    Surprisingly, he did have a Brad Pitt phase, but that was long before Lord of the Rings. He loses his ability to take on a fair form after Númenor gets wrecked (haha, spoilers for the TV show).

Quote Originally Posted by Tolkien, in Akallabêth
    But Sauron was not of mortal flesh, and though he was robbed now of that shape in which he had wrought so great an evil, so that he could never again appear fair to the eyes of Men, yet his spirit arose out of the deep and passed as a shadow an a black wind over the sea, and came back to Middle-earth and to Mordor that was his home. There he took up his great Ring in Barad-dûr, and dwelt there,, dark and silent, until he wrought himself a new guise, an image of malice and hatred made visible; and the Eye of Sauron the Terrible few could endure.
    Basically he takes on a horrifying form of a dark tyrant; I would think that, all armored up, he might look something like what we see at the beginning of the movie The Fellowship of the Ring.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Astonishing Member

I always wonder about the Evil Overlord meme. So there he is in horrifying form but someone has to come in and tell him how much SPAM to order for the Orcs. The giant weird elephants eat so much vegetation a day. Where's the treaty to import iron ore for weapons from somebody?

Nazgul do that? Who does the promotion exams for the Orc NCOs and 1st lieutenants? Engineers for the catapult designs? The naval forces - The Mordor Naval Academy? Leave that to the dudes in the South? Logistics, logistics, logistics - wonder if the Maiar went to school to study that?

By all accounts, Sauron was pretty well-organized. Not really surprising - he was one of the top people of a group that basically carved the world (working by plan) before he defected to Morgoth. And unlike his new boss, he was all about improvement, efficiency, progress, all of that 'good' stuff. He was perfectly capable of setting up a solid organization, possibly with org-charts.

And it shows in how he did things.

He had the Nazgûl as his various commanders in the field, with sub-commanders chosen from the orcs and the human groups who worked for him. He had powerful, highly-organized followers among the Black Númenoreans, to which he delegated great authority (the Mouth of Sauron - book version, not the weird creature from the movies - was one of these). His original plan for taking control of the world was to take control of leaders, and, through them, seize control of the people (Rings of Power).

Dude showed he was happy delegating, and I imagine his people Got Stuff Done. Or got replaced.

Quickly.

Among the orcs, there was constant violence and killing each other to get higher on the ladder, but I imagine that was just Sauron's version of cut-throat, board-room politics.
    Why are we here?

Cut-throat, board-room politics? I'll be very disappointed if Sauron doesn't appear in the next season of Succession.

Extraordinary Member

Nevermind!
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 08-08-2022 at 12:02 AM.

Astonishing Member

If Saruon won, there would be a Palantir in every household, showing videos of Sauron. Hosted by Wormtongue, a popular hour of programming denouncing Gandalf and the Valar as immoral, corrupters of society. Make Gondor Great Again - with the new regime.

Sharps, you are correct! I do wonder how a giant flaming orifice could sign the paper work though. That's the movie Sauron (which was a laugh).

He probably leaves paperwork to his flunkies. That kind of thing is beneath him, and nobody really needs his signature - either he said to do, or he didn't, and claiming that he did when he didn't will result in heads rolling. Literally, not office-talk.
    Why are we here?