Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Him saying Dazzler was intended to be Black until the higher ups interfered was interesting news to me.
    This is actually very well known. She was intended to be a reference on Grace Jones who was Queen of Disco at the time. There's a John Romita Jr. (not Cockrum) illustration depicting that initial Black Dazzler.

Edited:
    Dazzler.jpg
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-08-2022 at 01:52 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I agree with many points of Claremonts. I think there a ton of stories of the politics of Krakora forming in the world, and how families adjust to their mutant members leaving or staying. The mutant population did seems to just randomly blown up too. Not mention the mechanics of everything just grows from Krakora.

The Dark Beast creating the Morlocks was such a bad retcon. It is easy to ignore. I think Callisto should have been on the QC.

It's such a fascinating gig to write something and then have no control over it.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Got give the man credit for going out there and telling the truth about the current state of affairs even if it pisses off the snowflakes.
    Yeah, "snowflakes", "people are too sentitive", I understand now why some people defend those comments...

So even he agrees that Magma is dumb? Time to replace her permanently with Evolution Magma.

ah Claremont def a mixed bag on his comments some things I agree with....others not so much
    Dark Beast creating the Morlocks is Dumb I agree on that
    The Kitty Stuff not so much reminds me a bit of what happenened to Psylocke alot of ppl or perhaps not alot but a vocal minority found that problematic yet the change blew the character up in a way that almost certainly would not have happened otherwise and why marvel was not at all eager to change her back.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    This is actually very well known. She was intended to be a reference on Grace Jones who was Queen of Disco at the time. There's a John Romita Jr. (not Cockrum) illustration depicting that initial Black Dazzler.

Edited:
    Dazzler.jpg
    There was only one queen of disco and her name was Donna Summer
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by cam18 View Post
    ah Claremont def a mixed bag on his comments some things I agree with....others not so much
    Dark Beast creating the Morlocks is Dumb I agree on that
    The Kitty Stuff not so much reminds me a bit of what happenened to Psylocke alot of ppl or perhaps not alot but a vocal minority found that problematic yet the change blew the character up in a way that almost certainly would not have happened otherwise and why marvel was not at all eager to change her back.
    Claremont never meant for the Psylocke change to be permanent, it was supposed to last a few months, maybe a year and Betsy would revert back to her old form with an added edge, but two things happened. One, Jim Lee really enjoyed drawing the new design over the old one (he was a fan of Elektra and the Miller Daredevil run and it was obvious where the influence came from), and two Marvel saw her popularity explode after the change (she was after all the original bad girl of the 90s). So pretty much a change that was meant to be a story arc for Betsy became a permanent change and her default form moving forward.
    Last edited by Technopriest; 08-09-2022 at 01:28 AM.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I was there, it wasn’t as bad as the heavily editorialized texts from XavierFiles made it out to be. But it’s from XavierFiles, the absolute bottom of the trash barrel for X-Twitter you can get.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I was there, it wasn’t as bad as the heavily editorialized texts from XavierFiles made it out to be. But it’s from XavierFiles, the absolute bottom of the trash barrel for X-Twitter you can get.
    This XavierFiles is a clickbaity unreliable source, is it?

When you get the time, could you please share what you thought Claremont was just saying in jest and if you found any comments to be genuinely tasteless or weird? Thanks.

I kind of want someone to ask him what he thinks of Betsy Braddock now as Captain Britain.

Also why he likes elevating awesome female characters but totally changing them to look like a totally different character.

The Sage thing to the blonde character (idk even remember)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    For me it's just Claremont being Claremont and he has definitely earned the right to voice his opinion of the franchise.
    I would love to see Claremont do Amazing Spider-Man and inject Captain Britain(Betsy Braddock), The Morlocks, Deadpool and Destiny into Peter's world. I feel that Irene has a strong hand in Peter lineage...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I kind of want someone to ask him what he thinks of Betsy Braddock now as Captain Britain.

Also why he likes elevating awesome female characters but totally changing them to look like a totally different character.

The Sage thing to the blonde character (idk even remember)
    I long to see Betsy Braddock appear in the pages of Spider-Man as one of his close allies in a story arc....

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    This XavierFiles is a clickbaity unreliable source, is it?

When you get the time, could you please share what you thought Claremont was just saying in jest and if you found any comments to be genuinely tasteless or weird? Thanks.
    They most definitely are clickbait.

The whole “I can play fast and loose with racial identity, because I’m British, and we’ve done it for 1000 years” was completely tongue in cheek. He was also playing off of his own past racial generalizations when it came to racial identity. People forget that when Claremont began writing the X-Men, people were considered ethnically different based just on the country of origin.

The most awkward moment was about the Shadow Panther storyline, and the part where he felt most tone deaf, but even then he never thought about actually doing it.

He’s not a fan of the Krakoan era, and to be quite frank, I’m getting rather over it, minus a few exceptions like Red & Immortal.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    People forget that when Claremont began writing the X-Men, people were considered ethnically different based just on the country of origin.
    I certainly don’t forget: it hasn’t been easy to make a team from people who were so different. Claremont loved soap and probably still does…

It’s a huge contrast with the modern era where people work together so easily despite a troubled past.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    another version of events that aren’t a character-assassinating Twitter hit-job.

https://www.thepopverse.com/x-men-ch...s-at-c2e2-2022

it depresses me that he’s given the opportunity to write - but what he’s writing isn’t what he’s passionate about. he wants to play in the krakoa sandbox, but no one wants to share their toys.

i wish they’d take another chance on a wacky character-driven story like hellions. no one gave a good g-damn about those characters so let’s tell a fun story with them. kinda feels like what they’re doing with the gambit solo, but like cc, i’m struggling to be enthusiastic about it when it has zero consequence or relevance.
    That Shadow Panther plot is wild.
    "Cable was right!"